The online racing simulator
WIP: The UFR-racer
(11 posts, started )
Hello,

started to work on a replica of a Nissan 300Z racecar and tried to fit it on the UFR just because I love the UFR's body. The body gives a small feeling of racing but still don't seem to be a totally hardcore racecar so I was trying to get it a bit more race-feeling.

Somehow I ended up scrapping the idea and turning it around a bit. Still using the same colourscheme (Blue, red and white) but a bit of changing in the design. The UFR just didn't have space enough to do the Nissan-design correctly.

The Nissan 300Z

This is how far I've gotten atm. There is some more work to be done but the basic mapping is done so it matches up. Now I need to figure out how to do the backend and fit some logos, a number and some other stuff.

Any comments so far?
logos and maybe lose the hood or put a design on it.
The hood and trunk are now carbonfibre for low weight, also to add something to the backend. Doesn't look to bad in the viewer, no idea how it will look ingame though since I'm only demo. But I guess it will look pretty much the same.

LFSn00b: I was thinking of that, but I couldn't think out a way to do it good on the other side. Nissan made it so it said "Z Nissan" but how would that look with UFR? Since the name really is "UF GTR". Will it look OK to have it "GTR UF"? Will look into it directly.

(The lines look jagged, but that's just my shitty computer.)
#4 - J@tko
Quote from Dalarna :The hood and trunk are now carbonfibre for low weight, also to add something to the backend. Doesn't look to bad in the viewer, no idea how it will look ingame though since I'm only demo. But I guess it will look pretty much the same.

LFSn00b: I was thinking of that, but I couldn't think out a way to do it good on the other side. Nissan made it so it said "Z Nissan" but how would that look with UFR? Since the name really is "UF GTR". Will it look OK to have it "GTR UF"? Will look into it directly.

(The lines look jagged, but that's just my shitty computer.)

Looks nice.

Want a tip? Make the hood and trunk out of lead. Should stop it from rolling over
J@tko: Thanks. Nice idea, but I'll pass. Although from what I have heard about it's racing ability it might be needed. I heard that it tips and flips easily in corners, especially if you hit the curb, I hope this is not true since I would love it to be a really good race car. The exterior just looks a bit to hot to be a crappy road-acting car.

Just tried to something with the UF GTR lettering on the side like the Nissan. Looks like crap to me. I might not have the right font or something, but it surely looks like crap to me. So a no-no for that. Yet.
Looks nice! I want to see it in action
I will work some more with it either tonight or tomorrow depending on the free time I have. It looks quite nice at this point but I feel it is a tad bit empty. Any ideas?

The Nissan Z-lettering (UF GTR) didn't look good at all. So I need something new. Just pasting logos onto it would looks stupid as I feel it's more then just a logoviewer.
My suggestions would be to lose the little design on the roof.

There's thousands of fonts you could use for the UF GTR on the side.

And for logo's, use LFS based ones? You don't have to go over the top but placed in the right places and you get a winner.

my .02c.
Last work for tonight, threw the Evostar-logo on the side and thought it didn't look to shaby.

Any comments in the end? Will release it otherwise. I think it looks quite good, what do you guys think?
looks good!
maybe some more sponsors

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG