The online racing simulator
FXO, with a V6?
(57 posts, started )

Poll : Should the FXO have a V6?

Closed since :
Four bangers for life!
V6 yeah!
FXO, with a V6?
I'm tired of all the four cylinders. the FXO just sounds like ass, and feels out of place with a flat four. FXO with a 3.3 - 3.6L V6 is a lot of fun, and feels more 'honda accord' like. A V6 just feels natural to the FXO. Even a 2.4- 3.0L turbocharged or supercharged V6 would be adequate to keep it in the TBO class.

What do you all think?
no omg you just suck at lfs, lfs is fine the way it is, omg use search been requested 500000 times omg

also it would unbalance it

also it is too much work for scawen give him a brake!!!!!!!!!!!!
^ Average LFS user, lol.
People already bitch that it's unbalanced with the other TBO cars, would you rather it have a V6 but instead of car wheels, it have bicycle wheels?

I'm happy with it as a 4 cylinder.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :People already bitch that it's unbalanced with the other TBO cars, would you rather it have a V6 but instead of car wheels, it have bicycle wheels?

I'm happy with it as a 4 cylinder.

What? That made no sense. Bitch that it's unbalanced? Is this a world where the devs can't tweak it? the HP and torque would stay the same, reduce the car's overall weight a tad to compensate for the heavier motor. A V6 would fit just fine.
A naturally aspirated 3.5 litre V6 would have a very similar power output to the 2.4L turbo we see in the TBO cars now. Wouldn't unbalance it at all.
Yes, but it'd also be totally different from the TBO class, which the other 2 cars are Turbos, It'd be stupid to change it just cuz "it sounds wrong". Are you gonna start going "OMG LFS SUX, CARS RNT REAL LOLZ" now?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Yes, but it'd also be totally different from the TBO class, which the other 2 cars are Turbos, It'd be stupid to change it just cuz "it sounds wrong". Are you gonna start going "OMG LFS SUX, CARS RNT REAL LOLZ" now?

Quote from Karbine : Even a 2.4- 3.0L turbocharged or supercharged V6 would be adequate to keep it in the TBO class.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :Yes, but it'd also be totally different from the TBO class, which the other 2 cars are Turbos, It'd be stupid to change it just cuz "it sounds wrong". Are you gonna start going "OMG LFS SUX, CARS RNT REAL LOLZ" now?

How would it be different? Turbo doesn't make that much of a difference on track and it's not hard to balance it. Would make TBO class more interesting. Karbine just forgot how extremely stubborn the community is. He apologizes.

OMG LFS SUX, CARS RNT REAL LOLZ
Honestly, I couldn't care less, I rarely drive the FXO anymore, so do whatever to it, I'll still beat it. Hell, people should drive cars that take a bit more skill, like the RB4 or XRT, the FXO is a noob machine.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Honestly, I couldn't care less, I rarely drive the FXO anymore, so do whatever to it, I'll still beat it. Hell, people should drive cars that take a bit more skill, like the RB4 or XRT, the FXO is a noob machine.

If you don't care, why are you posting in this thread?
because, I still find it stupid that "V6 = fantastic" is even a considerable idea. The cars are fine as they are, lets get some other new cars, rather than tweak the hell out of the cars that are already there just so it sounds better.
It's change, it's new, it's a break from the 4 cylinders that dominate LFS.
Noob machine, wow. Your intelligence baffles me.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :because, I still find it stupid that "V6 = fantastic" is even a considerable idea. The cars are fine as they are, lets get some other new cars, rather than tweak the hell out of the cars that are already there just so it sounds better.

It's not just so it sounds better, we need some more variety and engines besides 4 cylinders. They aren't fine as they are, I'll quote you:

Quote from dawesdust_12 :people should drive cars that take a bit more skill, like the RB4 or XRT, the FXO is a noob machine.

Also, see this thread: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=37746
#15 - JJ72
a 3.5 V6 which only produces 220 bhp...isn't that a bit lame?
Quote from JJ72 :a 3.5 V6 which only produces 220 bhp...isn't that a bit lame?

Why not have a 3.0L that produces 240, or something?
Who gives a toss what it sounds like?! I couldn't care less if it was Scawen going "rrrrrrrrr" as the rev sound, as long as I got the correct information from it.
#18 - JJ72
because then it wouldn't be balanced. It'll end up something with a lot of low range torque, very front heavy and drives like a pig, it will overtake everyone on the straight, and lost it in the next corner becaues the front tires vapourized.
Lets just eliminate the engines, and make them Flintstone powered, then you'd lose 2 things to whinge about, the sound and the engine.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Lets just eliminate the engines, and make them Flintstone powered, then you'd lose 2 things to whinge about, the sound and the engine.

Making a constructive suggestion isn't "whinging" nor is it whining. You can leave this thread and take your elitest attitude with you.

Also, once again. If you don't care, don't post. Very simple and effective philosophy.
So, I'm gonna allow you to tell me what to do? Brilliant reasoning you know, becuase I have so much reason to listen, because you've made so many contributions?

Also, I can post, am I :spam: ing? Nope, therefore I'm entitled to voice my opinion however I'd like, so long as it's not in an offensive or outright calling the other person a wanker.
Quote from dude56 :no omg you just suck at lfs, lfs is fine the way it is, omg use search been requested 500000 times omg

also it would unbalance it

also it is too much work for scawen give him a brake!!!!!!!!!!!!

You forgot saying "Go play NFSU"

You're right, we should give Scawen a brake. Here's mine Hope he likes it.

BTW: +1 To a V6 version of the FXO, the more variety, the better.
Gotta agree with op, maybe its been requested before big deal, no need to act insane dustin, and whats this ? FXO is a noobcar? .... ok in that case they all are, they all goverened by the code in place, are they not ? ... the problem with people (myself included) is that they are limited by themsleves sometimes, you hear what im saying ?

Some times dustin in life you gotta listen to what people tell you to do. As most things in life its all about timing, and this thread for me is outa time.
Is that like that whole "Stop Sign" guideline?
I said a while ago that I would like to see how the FXO compared with the others if it were to have say a 220bhp high revving NA engine, similar to the VTEC unit used in Integras.

FXO, with a V6?
(57 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG