The online racing simulator
Team FinalGear movie
(24 posts, started )
#1 - MXM1
Team FinalGear movie
We had yet another great season of racing, so I made a movie about it

It's 1024x576@30fps, so the size is not small at 220mb, but you get many alternatives to get the file:

Torrent: http://misc.techzonline.net/lf ... eason.6.(MXM).avi.torrent
Http 1: http://misc.techzonline.net/lfs/FG.Season.6.(MXM).avi
Http 2: http://mxm.name/lfs/FG.Season.6.(MXM).avi
FlyUpload: http://flyupload.com/get?fid=5921619

And if you really don't want to waste your time/bandwidth here's the terrible quality google-video version:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3931406466032466514
-
(Kronvall) DELETED by Kronvall
Really, this is worth download, people. You will really like this!
Aw no youtube link yet?
Quote from AstroBoy :Aw no youtube link yet?

would severely ruin the great quality that he put into the movie. it really is worth the download.
2 v 1, if they say its good then alright, downloading now
I loved the intro with the drivers presentation, very nicely done! Not a big fan of LFS crash footage because it looks so unrealistic, but the for rest it's really nice. Nice action packed overview of the season I think

Well done!
nice video & nice action
#8 - MXM1
Thanks

If anyone making movies happens to look at this thread, I have a question. You've noticed how jerky is the steering wheel movement in this video, but I've seen some videos where it's perfectly smooth like in spr replays. How do I do that?
Quote from MXM1 :Thanks

If anyone making movies happens to look at this thread, I have a question. You've noticed how jerky is the steering wheel movement in this video, but I've seen some videos where it's perfectly smooth like in spr replays. How do I do that?

I think those other videos were recorded from the driver that saved the replay?
I downloaded it, I watched, and I liked it, especially the music, Pendulum is one of my favs.
Quote from burnsy1882 :would severely ruin the great quality that he put into the movie. it really is worth the download.

Some of us don't have the time nor the want to download a video though, and youtube is always a good option

Nor can we download torrents anymore.

Nor can I usually get upload sites because we're one giant proxy

and it would technically speaking take me about 3 + hours to download that video at the speed my internet is down here at college.
#12 - MXM1
You can't blame me for not providing options in addition to torrent
And torrent is only there if you find servers too slow for whatever reason, the seed on that torrent should be pretty fast.

But if the internet is slow on your end, yeah, that's too bad.

Its a double edge sword, I'd like people to see it in full res (you just can't seriously compare 320-side with 1024-wide frame), but then again it's better if someone will see it in youtube quality than not at all. But if there was a youtube option, nobody at all would go for 220mb avi.
That's a wicked video mate.

Loved every bit of it and the music was top! Classic tune!
Quote from MXM1 : I'd like people to see it in full res (you just can't seriously compare 320-side with 1024-wide frame), but then again it's better if someone will see it in youtube quality than not at all. But if there was a youtube option, nobody at all would go for 220mb avi.

I am downloading now... but I think you are wrong about that desision.
If people like it, they are going to download the hi ress vertion

Any video creator doesn't want to see his creation been ruined by youtube’s quality but you have to convince the viewers that your video is worth downloading.

You could at least stage6 it
Quote from MXM1 :You can't blame me for not providing options in addition to torrent
And torrent is only there if you find servers too slow for whatever reason, the seed on that torrent should be pretty fast.

But if the internet is slow on your end, yeah, that's too bad.

Its a double edge sword, I'd like people to see it in full res (you just can't seriously compare 320-side with 1024-wide frame), but then again it's better if someone will see it in youtube quality than not at all. But if there was a youtube option, nobody at all would go for 220mb avi.

I don't blame you at all for a torrent I'm actually quite impressed, I'm just pointing out to burnsy that not everyone here has all those options and youtube while it may not show off the best quality or anything of the sort, it allows anyone to watch it, and if they like it enough they can download it, but downloading 220mb and not liking it isn't worth it :S

There are better options than youtube though, there is stage 6 which is really good quality, (DivX based but) It supports HD etc.

edit- and I just realized kaynd said stage 6 before me
sorry, just trying to stick up for a teammate who put in a lot of effort into the movie.
if fact, i didn't know that he made different ways to download it, as he only posted one way of downloading on our forum when i first saw it.
Nice quality. The intro animation is neat. All chosen cameras are decent and some of them really good.
No mistakes overall, clean video.
But it wasn’t that exiting... The field in most of the scenes seem to be empty with not enough cars on the track… especially on the wide ones (we as ky), the viewer feels kind of… lonely…
Well even in that way till the first 3 maybe 4 minutes it is ok… but there is a long way till 6:32. I think you could try to avoid some scenes… keep the best one and make the video 1 or 2 min shorter…
Eg what exactly you want to show us in 5:39-5:44? Or 3.18-3.26?? I can feel that there are many scenes like those two that are fitted just in order to help you synchronize some other scenes.
#18 - MXM1
Quote from XCNuse :
...but downloading 220mb and not liking it isn't worth it :S
There are better options than youtube though, there is stage 6 which is really good quality, (DivX based but) It supports HD etc.

Those 2 sentences are a bit conflicting, no?
I mean stage6 doesn't resize or re-encode videos, so you're still downloading same amount of data, just with less clicking.
The reason why it's not on stage6, is because it wouldn't accept an xvid file, so

Quote from kaynd :I am downloading now... but I think you are wrong about that desision.
If people like it, they are going to download the hi ress vertion

Well, I guess it can be true, but from personal experience I rarely watch video more than once, and if I feel lazy I just click the youtube link and that's it.
Also I didn't think it's a big issue, people are usually happy with direct download http-links, especially now that everyone have fast internets.

But well.. By now whoever wanted to see it, already got it anyway, so I uploaded it to the google video for others

Quote from kaynd :Eg what exactly you want to show us in 5:39-5:44? Or 3.18-3.26?? I can feel that there are many scenes like those two that are fitted just in order to help you synchronize some other scenes.

First one is purely to make some syncing to the soundtrack (in addition to being an odd moment during race), and second.. well, video was primarily made for the team-mates to watch obviously, and some of them surely remember that moment too well You're right about filler-scenes. Audio-video sync was at high priority here, also I gave about 20s/weekend window, and played around that.

But thanks, I'll surely take in account whatever feedback people have the next time I'll decide to make something. If that moment ever comes, this thing was bloody exhausting. 28 half-an-hour races to replay, find good moments and record... I was about to give up for few times.
Quote from kaynd :Nice quality. The intro animation is neat. All chosen cameras are decent and some of them really good.
No mistakes overall, clean video.
But it wasn’t that exiting... The field in most of the scenes seem to be empty with not enough cars on the track… especially on the wide ones (we as ky), the viewer feels kind of… lonely…
Well even in that way till the first 3 maybe 4 minutes it is ok… but there is a long way till 6:32. I think you could try to avoid some scenes… keep the best one and make the video 1 or 2 min shorter…
Eg what exactly you want to show us in 5:39-5:44? Or 3.18-3.26?? I can feel that there are many scenes like those two that are fitted just in order to help you synchronize some other scenes.

Agreed, it's stunning looking but the action leaves a bit to be desired.
Very nice fps, didnt see any warping (except at ufr rollover) which was nice. Driver suit and skins were ugly imo (atleast they werent fugly :shrug

I liked it
Yeah, the racing aspect really brought the quality of the video down. The editing on the other hand was superb, 9/10 on this video overall.

BTW what was the name of that song, great choice?
Pretty good video. Music suited some parts when the action was more crazy. The RB4 launching at the lights as the main beat kicked in was a good touch.

Quote from BigTime :BTW what was the name of that song, great choice?

Pendulum - Fasten Your Seatbelts

Google FTW! I know nothing about that kind of music.
i have no idea why but the video made me smile

the intro with the cars reminded me of old racing games

the music with that action made it almost a comedy!

9/10
Nice video, i like the views.

Team FinalGear movie
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG