The online racing simulator
HELP Just got G25
(53 posts, started )
#1 - AMB
HELP Just got G25
It's all connected correctly etc, and installed profiler, but when i go in game the pedals and steering don't work, ay idea why and how I can fix it?

Thanks,
#2 - Silky
Go into contorls and select wheel, you will then need to play with the settings to get it to work.

Good luck amd have fun
#3 - AMB
I have but when i get accel and brake working the shifter doesn't work
I have a G25 and I have the same problem, I cant get it to work.
#5 - Silky
In the settings for the wheel in Windows does it have a reverse something or other box for the pedals control. If so change it so tick it if untick or other way round.

I had a few problems getting my DFP to work.
Ive got a G25, and make sure your control main screen looks like the one in the attached image.
Attached images
G25 Setup.JPG
Quote from RacerAsh3 :Ive got a G25, and make sure your control main screen looks like the one in the attached image.

Well, thats almost correct. Use 720degree steering in LFS and 720 in the profiler if you want it to automatically hange dependent on the car you are driving.

The picture attached is how you should set it up in the profiler (should be 720 in the profiler steering degrees), but as said before, if you want the steering degree to change to what the cars is automatically, setup up how me and ash are showing you, then all should be good.

p.s, make sure you created a new profile for LFS in the profiler.

Profile>New>Find the LFS .EXE>create a name>Save>all done!
Attached images
How to setup a G25.jpg
#8 - AMB
Thanks everyone it's done the trick!
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Well, thats almost correct. Use 720degree steering in LFS and 720 in the profiler if you want it to automatically hange dependent on the car you are driving.

The picture attached is how you should set it up in the profiler (should be 720 in the profiler steering degrees), but as said before, if you want the steering degree to change to what the cars is automatically, setup up how me and ash are showing you, then all should be good.

p.s, make sure you created a new profile for LFS in the profiler.

Profile>New>Find the LFS .EXE>create a name>Save>all done!

Wait it automatically changes the degrees of rotation dependant on the car? Cant beleive I haven't done that before, I always change it myself! D'OH!
Quote from MattyST :Wait it automatically changes the degrees of rotation dependant on the car? Cant beleive I haven't done that before, I always change it myself! D'OH!

Yes, if you set the G25 (or the DFP, for that matter) to 720° in both the Profiler and LfS and set the linearity in LfS to 1, you'll never have to change it again... Only problem then is, if you exceed the lock in say a MRT, you don't get a FFB stop... But if you have to crank the steering up to the lock, there's something wrong already...
Quote from bbman :Yes, if you set the G25 (or the DFP, for that matter) to 720° in both the Profiler and LfS and set the linearity in LfS to 1, you'll never have to change it again... Only problem then is, if you exceed the lock in say a MRT, you don't get a FFB stop... But if you have to crank the steering up to the lock, there's something wrong already...

Yea I have a G25. Gonna go and have a try. Yea the end stops are pretty useless anyway. Cheers guys.
AMB - was that your xmas pressy?
To save a new thread being opened, I was playing an old version of S1 and my G25 is not working right. I'll get some screens up in a minute. (It also does this in patch Y, when it has been disconnected from the computer:shrug
#14 - AMB
Quote from niall09 :AMB - was that your xmas pressy?

Yup lol, my mom let me have it today lol, i was gagging to get on it, already beat my pbs
What settings do you guys have in the logitech profiler? spring things, dampening etc.

My wheel makes pretty much noise when turning it fast.. i know it's hard to know if it's normal or not, but if i turn it and someone is sitting let's say 5 m away from it, he gets disturbed of the noise.
And i can hear the noise when i play with headphones.
is it same thing for you all?

And if i drive on a straight in LFS and move the wheel to left and right a bit, the FF makes the wheel automatically "jiggle" to left and right, but usually not so much that i loose control of the car.
Is it same thing for you??

Help appreciated.

btw, in logitech profiler i can't set the wheel turn to for example approximately 720 degress, closest is 718 degrees, i guess it's normal?
Quote from RacerAsh3 :Ive got a G25, and make sure your control main screen looks like the one in the attached image.

What does "button control rate" and "throttle/brake centre reduction" mean? I think I have them set at default still..
Quote from Gnomie :What does "button control rate" and "throttle/brake centre reduction" mean? I think I have them set at default still..

I wonder the same thing.
I have had my G25 for about a week now and have just about everything everyone has told me and nothing helps, At firste the center spring was making it so I couldn't turn he wheel into corners Now with these settings

Overall Effects - 101%
Spring - 0%
Damper - 0%
Ticked Enable Centering Spring - 0%
Ticked Use Special Steering Wheel Settings
Unticked Report Combined Pedals

The wheel will not let me over steer, I have to set it to

Overall Effects - 50%
Spring - 20%
Damper - 20%
Tried both ticked and unticked Centering Spring - 0%

And it still won't let me balance the car in a drift, I just run out of opposite lock and spin, If I turn the counter steer any faster the front snaps out into the out side wall, If I stop the wheel turning it still spins, I'm totally at a loss cause everyone says different thing,a Not that I have got any of it to work or any idea what what things need to be set to, Like car set-ups I have an OK idea of what everything is but wouldn't know where to start, But when I was testing the force feed back cause someone said it may of been faulty, It seemed to play just fine on TOCA Race Driver 3 and the 1st GTR game with the overall at 101 and the rest 0 can't remember if it was ticked or unticked center spring cause I've changed it that many times I dunno what its ment to feel like any more, But no matter what I do LFS will not let me drift,

Sorry about the long post, but its been proper driving me nuts how everyone can run their G25 with no problem and when I do exactly the same as they tell and it doesn't work, its instantly my fault,
I'm sorry if I did what they told me to down to the letter, How could it be my fault?, Its not like I've never drifted in LFS before, I even use the HUD steering meter the same as my old Formula Force GP wheel but it still, I just don't see why My G25 won't let me drift
Wow thanks for the great answer Taylor-Mania, that helped me alot and made me a bit happier because now i know my G25 is normal, hehe.
Quote from Koshi_Eternium :
Overall Effects - 101%
Spring - 0%
Damper - 0%
Ticked Enable Centering Spring - 0%

The wheel will not let me over steer

How strong force feedback have you set in game? If it's too high, steering may have unnatural feeling. I use about 20%.
I have been to LFS manual, and have done everything I was told to as in the last few posts, No matter what I set in game FFB or wheel rotation 720 or anything, I explained what the wheel dose further down the post:

"I just run out of opposite lock and spin, If I turn the counter steer any faster the front snaps out into the out side wall, If I stop the wheel turning it still spins"

I mean the force doesn't feel like its pulling the right direction or in the right place if I let the wheel go during the drift the wheel spins to opposite lock, Then back then the other way cause nothing anyone has told me is working
"Overall Effects Strength - Set to 101-105% (101% is good value). Due to problems inside the Logitech Profiler the FFB only starts to act linearly when set over 100%. You can always fine tune the level of FFB in LFS's Options > Controls or you can adjust it "on the fly" while driving with the FFB (Force Feedback) shortcut keys."
was the first thing I tried, So no matter what setting people have said, G25 will not let me drift, So I really have no idea cause I get told too many differnt ways, Not that anything has work'd

Also when I said to people in game that I set overall to 101, Why say turn FFB off in game? Seems like a stupid thing to do when you just paid $300 for a FFB wheel, Just stuff like that has rindered me from play LFS and the logitech profile I find no help with in runing or not, So whats the point in it?
Just a quick question Taylor, how much FF have you set in game?
i use 36
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :Well when you say that it sounds like the rotation is too low, that's why I posted the Steering Lock values.

My values were as you stated to start with while i was trying to set the G25 up. It is 720 in game and in out game settings.

Hmm...in your previous post you mentioned TOCA3 & GTR (not even the 2nd!). Maybe you had the FFB inverted, because that option is available in some Sims. And the G25 isn't autonomously refusing you the ability to drift. It's either damaged, you're doing something wrong, or you can't drift (in which case I recommend racing).

Yes, i played TOCA race driver 3 (All car types, Not just touring) and didn't really play much of GTR (don't have the 2nd) due to wanting to play LFS and i had seen some where that you had to mess with certain files to make it work similar to Rfactor. I have included a video which was from when i had a Wingman formula force GP which shows that i can drift, granted my style is more rally but it is still the same technique. Btw the sound quality is a bit pap as the Vid is just some random one i threw together. ----> http://s10.photobucket.com/alb ... view&current=Test.flv

I do appreciate the advice given and the settings shown but you can understand how i must be feeling with this, i have taken everyones advice on board, followed the manuals and other peoples settings and i know i can drift, to only be able to not *somehow* be able to drift and i am at a loss as to why.

As to the suggestion of racing instead, yea thats fine but when I ever race I'm always a second or two slower no matter how clean I try to make my line cause my revs don't build as quickly or up as high enough so I'm not reaching the same speed (Even with pro setups) and now with G25 supposedly not letting me do anything with counter steer theres even less point grip racing. I could happily catch counter steer with my old wheel and do not wish to return back to it after spending so much on what would be a perfect wheel.

Err...Rindered?

<--- whoops it was ment to be Hindered.

Oh and i came across this DXTweak 2 and was wondering whether this maybe something that could be helpful as i have TweakUI so it would make sense to get the DXTweak 2, but i am unsure as to as no one has mentioned whether it is a useful thing to have or not. Has anyone got this and if so did it improve your game play?

Thanks for the continued help.

Edit: Sorry about the way the post is set up, my g/f typed it all out for me as i feel she may be able to put what i mean into words better.
hrr.. only 20% ffb? The more ffb I use (always 100%), the easier it is to drive, but thats just my style.
what version of the logitech profile are u guys using? I am using 5.01 I think and the setup screen looks different. I also don't have the "use special steering settings" button?

HELP Just got G25
(53 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG