The online racing simulator
Korean Translation
(63 posts, started )
Korean Translation
We've recently started to implement support for double byte characters in LFS. It's a slightly complicated task because there are so many characters, they must be created on textures as required and removed from memory when they are not used any more. This is to keep the frame rate up just as high as when using Latin characters, although there are thousands of characters available.

Victor has already updated the online translation system, and we have assigned LFS community members who were interested in putting some time into the Japanese and Chinese translations. It would be great to have a Korean translation as well.

I'm interested to know if any Korean people would like to make a start on a Korean translation. If so then we'd like to hear from you.

I'll tell you more about it, so you can decide if you want to volunteer for this - there are about 1600 lines to translate, mostly quite easy lines but some taking a bit of consideration or research. After creating the translation in the first place, it shouldn't be too hard to maintain, we normally add a few more lines that need translating when a new patch is coming out, and we send a notification email to all the translators when there are a few lines added. The new lines are clearly displayed in the online editor. More than one person can be assigned to a translation, so that can make it a lot easier than just one person working on it.

Well that's it for now I guess, I look forward to hearing from you if you are good at reading English and very good at writing Korean! Thanks!
What will change in InSim with introduction of multibyte codepages?
I don't think InSim will change. There will just be a new ^X code for each of the added code pages (Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese and Korean). Just like ^L for Latin and ^C for Cyrillic. It will be fully compatible. The double byte codes simply fit into the same text slots as other text, only you can draw less characters per line (but you don't need so many characters).

More info about code pages : http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/reference/WinCP.mspx
Are you guys making the Simplified Chinese and the Hard Chinese?....
Yes, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese are both being worked on.
Scawen Good Job.
I am Korean User. We Helped English -> Korean Translate

Korean LFS User IRC server : hanirc.org : 6664 or iz4u.net : 8080

#lfs_s2 and #lfs channel many many korean people live!!
-
(megaepsilon) DELETED by megaepsilon
What a lovely post!

we can help for Translation.

also many korean users want volunteer.
#8 - J.I.T
Quote from Scawen :We've recently started to implement support for double byte characters in LFS. It's a slightly complicated task because there are so many characters, they must be created on textures as required and removed from memory when they are not used any more. This is to keep the frame rate up just as high as when using Latin characters, although there are thousands of characters available.

Victor has already updated the online translation system, and we have assigned LFS community members who were interested in putting some time into the Japanese and Chinese translations. It would be great to have a Korean translation as well.

I'm interested to know if any Korean people would like to make a start on a Korean translation. If so then we'd like to hear from you.

I'll tell you more about it, so you can decide if you want to volunteer for this - there are about 1600 lines to translate, mostly quite easy lines but some taking a bit of consideration or research. After creating the translation in the first place, it shouldn't be too hard to maintain, we normally add a few more lines that need translating when a new patch is coming out, and we send a notification email to all the translators when there are a few lines added. The new lines are clearly displayed in the online editor. More than one person can be assigned to a translation, so that can make it a lot easier than just one person working on it.

Well that's it for now I guess, I look forward to hearing from you if you are good at reading English and very good at writing Korean! Thanks!

We want it!!

this post is very good news for Korean user

I can help your work.
and other koreans maybe also

good luck for this work
We Posting the 'Korean Translation' News In Korea Racing Game Portal.
Wow
I will volunteer.

we korean LFS users always considered doing this job.

The most of the LFS users in korea are in one community so

it shouldn't be hard to translate them.
We sure wanted to do this or help translating since LFS came out.
It will definitely boost the popularity of LFS from all the korean LFS fans. There are many koreans who are fluent in english.(at least i know a few guys ;D) let us please know what we could do. Also , know that we koreans are enjoying this game a lot and passionate about it. So, I wanna thank you for translating in korean. Again, let us know what we can do. Have a good day!
Thanks! It's good to hear from you!

What we need is a small group of people to do it. This group of people must be happy to work with each other on this, and the other Koreans must be happy with the choice of people. I would suggest the best number of people is three or four. All these people must be very good at writing Korean correctly in a consistent style. And they must be good at reading English too, and be very familiar with LFS.

So maybe some of you could propose a group of 3 or 4 people? When we have some general agreement on that (and people who are not in that group agree with the choice of people) then we can assign you to the online system and you can start translating.

Is there any existing Korean translation, that uses C-LFS for example? To use that as a starting point... or will we start from scratch?
NOTE : We have already created an "empty" Korean translation, so we're ready to start as soon as we have decided on the group of translators.
Korean Translators List here.
Here..is Translators...Group.

cowlevel / megaepsilon / J.I.T / kew0914 / Simbahuh

5 people(we are Friends.)

We Are Ready To Translation~
OK - you may start editing!
Thanks for your response. As you are friends and you are all the Koreans who posted here, we accept your group of five!

I have now assigned you all to the Korean translation. One person can translate at any time. There is a "QUIT TRANSLATING" button at the top of the page which you must click when you are finished, so another user will be able to edit the translation.

First you have to log in at www.lfs.net then go to the translation page : http://www.lfs.net/lfs_translate/translate.php

You should be able to enter whatever characters you need there. To save your work, when you enter some text into one line then click on another line, you can click the "small disk" symbol to save the line. Alternatively you can edit several lines then click "save whole translation". When you have finished, please click on the "QUIT TRANSLATING" link at the top of the page to unlock the translation.

I hope it goes well. Please let us know if it works ok or if you find any problems.

Thank you very much for your help!

P.S. The translation cannot be tested in LFS yet. But I am working a few hours a day to get to a testing version as soon as possible.
Code page...
One note - there is a choice of code pages for Korean in PHP (PHP is the programming language used for the translation page).

The code page named "Windows-949" doesn't seem to work as expected. We have now chosen one named "EUC-KR" which seems to correspond with the actual Windows double byte code page 949.

Anyway please let us know if it seems to be working correctly and allows you to enter whatever characters you need.
korean translation
what a nice plan!

actually we are always want korean translation!

Many thanks for this plan.

i do not very well do the english

but i can do that simple word
I'll join :)
I'm also Korean and Friends of those 5 volunteers.

I'll join with them and help to translate
Thanks for the offer darkblade but I think 5 people is enough - actually 3 or 4 is the preferred number but because 5 came at once we decided to make it that group.
Korean updates!
Hello - I just had a look and saw that Korean is something like half complete now!

I noticed one thing though, some lines were translated recently near the end of the file, and I think someone uploaded a complete file today and the end lines have been lost.

I've found the lost lines in a backup file (attached). Please tell me if you want us to try and merge this information into the current file, to save retranslating those lines - I think there were something like 100 lines that have now been lost.

Actually I think you can merge them yourself, by downloading the uploaded one, and copy and paste the lines from the backup file... I can do it if you want though, just tell me.
Attached files
Korean_backup.txt - 3.4 KB - 397 views
We are LFS League + Translation

But This Job is Fun~
I'm pleased you like doing it. The progress looks very good!
Hi

I'm also a Korean user.

I've done a lot of translation works ( eng->kor ) for commercial advertising and brochure stuff. So I will be pleased if you guys need my hand. As a LFS mania ( still noob though :P ), that's gonna be a great chance to get involved into the project.

btw, any prize at the end ??? LOL

please feel free to contact me

my email address is

[email protected]

Cheers
Translator Team Got a Mail~ Thx Scawen

Translation almost End..

maybe Next Monday translation almost Complete.

More Wait in Korean LFS
Scawen, we receive your mail and testing language.

looks good!
but may i ask you about font? lfs default font is arial and that cannot be changed?

if font type can be changed, we want do that (in default font type, some people say "ugly" )

Korean Translation
(63 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG