The online racing simulator
Got myself a new system on order, can't wait :D
So after waiting for my computer to turn up which i bought a month ago, it never arrived, got my money back and sold a few things, which gave some more money to spend. So a mate did a list up for me on a system that should run LFS with ease, with full graphics etc but i wanted to see what you fella's reckon aswell!

-Gigabyte GA-P31-DS3L S775 P31 FSB1333 DDR2 PCIEx16 SATA2 GbLAN ATX VDBI

-Intel ATX E4500 CORE 2 DUO /2.2GHz/2MB CACHE/800 FSB/LGA775

-DDR2 2048MB(2x1G)PC5300 667Mhz Kingston

-Western Digital 160G SATAII 7200 rpm HDD

-ECS GeForce 8500GT 512MB PCI ExpressVideo

-Samsung 18xDVD -/+R/RW Dual Layer OE Black
Looks good, though I'd spend more on the vid card. At this point your limiting the games you can run that are already out. Forget new ones coming. Look to a 8800GT if you can swing the extra $.
Yeah, the 8800GT is pretty much the only card worth buying at the moment. Shop a round for it though, as the lack of availablility is making a few places put their prices up.
I think too that the gfx card is the only probable weak point. It depends what games you play. If you play LFS only, 8800GT is bit of an overkill. Besides I don't think it is even best bang for the money at the moment. Large demand for 8800 cards (G92 especially) have kept the prices above the recommended prices (at least here). If I was playing LFS only I might get HD3850, which would be enough for many other games too. If you play some new demanding games 8800GT is good. HD3870 is good too as it is much cheaper than 8800gt - especially with smaller screens when it isn't that much slower than 8800gt. 8600gt is not that much more expensive than 8500gt, but still much better (but way slower than 8800gt)
Quote from Kanzai :So after waiting for my computer to turn up which i bought a month ago, it never arrived, got my money back and sold a few things, which gave some more money to spend. So a mate did a list up for me on a system that should run LFS with ease, with full graphics etc but i wanted to see what you fella's reckon aswell!

-Gigabyte GA-P31-DS3L S775 P31 FSB1333 DDR2 PCIEx16 SATA2 GbLAN ATX VDBI

-Intel ATX E4500 CORE 2 DUO /2.2GHz/2MB CACHE/800 FSB/LGA775

-DDR2 2048MB(2x1G)PC5300 667Mhz Kingston

-Western Digital 160G SATAII 7200 rpm HDD

-ECS GeForce 8500GT 512MB PCI ExpressVideo

-Samsung 18xDVD -/+R/RW Dual Layer OE Black

What about Case/PSU?

Also I would of NOT bought that video card if you plan on playing other games. That is a Very low end card.

This is why most people usually post the specs of the computer they are going to buy first to get help & then they order it after you get feedback if you need to change anything.
yeah that videocard sucks. Maybe you could have told us your budget and stuff...
Oh well...that's when people rush. It has it's consequences, unless your budget is really tight.
hate to blow ur bubble but ur more or less buying my system im using the same ram same hdd with same size almost same processor and same GFX card model but mines a 1gb

AND IT TEH SUCKS

and if that GFX card was good to anyone you can call me retardmcspakypants

depending on what operating system u will run the setup will run good for a while till you fill it up it becomes painfully slow and another 2gb is in order,

and dont get that GFX card its processor is wank! u will be better off with a 7600gt 256mb it will be quicker never buy a card because it says 512mb or bla bla bla look at its GPU is it quick bet that one don't make over 1000mhz.
my 1gb makes 1800mhz but its still worse then my 7300gt 256mb
it was just dead cheap for 1gb and i dint look at the processor, i mean 60quid was like very inviting lol. and no stop i know u all told me it was shit :hide:
Attached images
dont get it.jpg
already bought it, and im stoked. It doesn't push over 1000, but its around 700mhz. This system runs excellent compared to what im used to, i only use 4x AA During game etc, just so the gameplay is slightly smooth and i get 40/50 FPS on a full grid with all GFX turned up in LFS. Im not going to complain, considering i got it for dirt cheap.
Quote from Kanzai :already bought it, and im stoked. It doesn't push over 1000, but its around 700mhz. This system runs excellent compared to what im used to, i only use 4x AA During game etc, just so the gameplay is slightly smooth and i get 40/50 FPS on a full grid with all GFX turned up in LFS. Im not going to complain, considering i got it for dirt cheap.

Ok so im guessing you already built it correct? Well as long as its good enough for you. But when your ready to upgrade please post and get some info before you buy.

Ciao
I had consulted lots of gamers that i know, and they said it would run LFS fine, and i've had no troubles at all so im not complaining.

Tho, when i put AA on 8x, it doesn't have the tick beside it, is it selecting it or what? Because the pics arn't entirely smooth at 1024x768
Sorry for the double post...but i was looking through my Bio's last night as my mum was having troubles with her computer, so we were checking defaults etc. I noticed an Option called Overclocking, i've read lots of posts about it but don't quite understand what it does or what it means. Is it safe to do and will i noticed anything different with my PC??

Thanks lads
Trust me, you don't want to fiddle with overclocking. At least not yet. That'll be further on down the road. And unless you really put a decent amount of money into your computer, you aren't going to get much out of overclocking before things start overheating.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG