The online racing simulator
#1 - eobet
Will there be a new track for the TV show?
It will be interesting to hear comments regarding the car in LFS on the TV show, I guess...

...but since they hopefully are going to race the real car on an actual track, isn't the real test to have that track modelled in the game so you can seriously start comparing (and testing), well everything really?
IIRC, somewhere on this board, the reason the Formula BMW is included with the demo is because the party privy to the car asked for it to be, which I would think that logically, the track used in the demo would have to be free also.

So, I think the answer no, sadly.
#3 - eobet
Wow, just one reply?

You lot here have just completely given up on new tracks before S3, haven't you?
wich tv show? ^^
I guess he is referring to the v1 championship?
Is the V1 championship only airing in Europe?
i think yes....
darn
#10 - JTbo
Eurosport(nordic?) is airing something that has several games, including Live for speed, forgot what link was but it was going to be some new format of online gaming, tv and league. Only information I saw was written in Finnish. Anyway it says that Realistic racing sim LFS was licensed to be used in that.

But guys, we just got new track with car, so answer to original question is yes
New real track? doubt it, but you never know for sure.
Quote from JTbo :But guys, we just got new track with car, so answer to original question is yes

No, we did not get a new track. We got a new layout. That's almost like getting nothing new. But it's easier to make all these layouts to an existing track area, than it is to create a completely new area.. So I can understand why we're getting these layouts/configs to drive every which way around the tracks that's possible.

As to the original question.. I don't think we'll be getting any news on track department before S3 comes out. The alpha version we have now is supposed to be what the S2 "final" will be, content wise. If there'd be a customer wanting a track into LFS, I guess it could be added at some point. But this V1 championship, the way I understand it is that they'll use LFS in the screening process, meaning that there's no use for a real track at that point. It isn't going to be mixed with the real driving part.

Of course, if I'm mistaken and they are going to run real cars and LFS side by side as the competition continues, there could be a slight chance that it'd profit us a new, real track.. Which would make me a happy panda. But I can't see it happening
#14 - JTbo
Quote from Huru-aito :That's almost like getting nothing new.

Huh

It sure has many km to walk to be almost nothing new
#16 - wien
Regarding the TV show, anyone seen this: http://www.v1racer.com/? Looks like Scawen will be on TV too? Apparently he's in charge of Online Driving Evalutation. There's a few shots of Scawen in the intro video and the "full promo" too.

EDIT: Just found this, never mind. Searched and everything.
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
Quote from ussbeethoven :Btw. did anyone notice this V1Racer version is using patch Y2 dated 2008?

It's identical to Y other than the default car and skin are different. Somewhere else Scawen asked people NOT to download it unless they don't already have LFS as it's a waste of time and bandwidth.
One of the people running the V1 thingy looks like Donald Trump.
my question is why can't V1 efford 24 pounds for a LFS lisence? then they can train in an XRT or something.
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :my question is why can't V1 efford 24 pounds for a LFS lisence? then they can train in an XRT or something.

Because - surprise surprise - the prize is a Formula BMW seat (IIRC)
i wish all of us can be in a bmw fbm hour long race. wouldnt that be great!!!
Quote from Nakkitartsani :OMG warez ban! :splando:

Uh, no. There is no illegal software on that site. Warez means illegal software, get it?

If copyright holders would like to file a complaint with the site administrators, they're welcome to do so.

Please keep this thread on topic. I won't be answering anything else about the link I posted. If you'd like to discuss the ethics of such website, feel free to start a new thread in the appropriate forum.
Quote from Lateralus :Uh, no. There is no illegal software on that site. Warez means illegal software, get it?

If copyright holders would like to file a complaint with the site administrators, they're welcome to do so.

Please keep this thread on topic. I won't be answering anything else about the link I posted. If you'd like to discuss the ethics of such website, feel free to start a new thread in the appropriate forum.

for example you can find Colin McRae rally legend dvd from that site and you think that's not illegal? So it must be okay too if I give url to patch Y crack..
Quote from Nakkitartsani :for example you can find Colin McRae rally legend dvd from that site and you think that's not illegal? So it must be okay too if I give url to patch Y crack..

It is illegal, but the DVD is not software. LFS is.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG