The online racing simulator
Victor, could this be linked to LFSWorld, like join2LFS is?
Hi Victor

I am being told that our CD1 server becomes jerky when connected to relay

Any ideas?
Quote from lococost :Victor, could this be linked to LFSWorld, like join2LFS is?

i will put this on lfsworld tomorrow probably.
Quote from birder :Hi Victor

I am being told that our CD1 server becomes jerky when connected to relay

Any ideas?

not really. The only difference between being connected to the relay or not is that your host must send some more packets outwards. But the relay barely sends anything back to you. So there's not much extra strain on your host.
How many insim connections do you use, if you include the relay? And can your server handle it? (dunno what type of computer it is - doubt that'll be the problem though)
In practic mode, when I join, there's always at all players 0.0 laps done... I waited for a while and numbers of done laps have changed... OK, so I go to the other server and back, and there is again at all players 0.0 laps done... In race mode it's ok, I didn't try qualify mode.

EDIT:
The same with best lap time.
Any host I goto watch that has about 20+ or so people driving, I see the 2sec skips with cars not driving on the right line. Last night I watched the LOTA race that had a large grid, it was skippy, and also some other Spanish league I think it was... also skippy.

Tomorrow's MoE 24 hour race might be skippy I take it
Quote from Drift King CZ :In practic mode, when I join, there's always at all players 0.0 laps done... I waited for a while and numbers of done laps have changed... OK, so I go to the other server and back, and there is again at all players 0.0 laps done... In race mode it's ok, I didn't try qualify mode.

EDIT:
The same with best lap time.

that's normal. the Remote doesn't know about everyone's laptimes and counts when it first connects. And it can't know because the information is simply not available, so it has to collect new information (and some old) as time passes by. Usually after 1 lap from everyone, the racers list is up to date.
Quote from Tweaker :Any host I goto watch that has about 20+ or so people driving, I see the 2sec skips with cars not driving on the right line. Last night I watched the LOTA race that had a large grid, it was skippy, and also some other Spanish league I think it was... also skippy.

Don't know why that would be. I could try a version with a giant frame buffer so that if you get the skips again in the normal version you can compare it with the giant buffer version. If that's better then maybe i have to put a bigger buffer in there by default or make it variable.
Quote from Tweaker :Any host I goto watch that has about 20+ or so people driving, I see the 2sec skips with cars not driving on the right line. Last night I watched the LOTA race that had a large grid, it was skippy, and also some other Spanish league I think it was... also skippy.

Dont you like Skippy the bush kangaroo?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRQnrY5V-rY
Quote from Victor :Don't know why that would be. I could try a version with a giant frame buffer so that if you get the skips again in the normal version you can compare it with the giant buffer version. If that's better then maybe i have to put a bigger buffer in there by default or make it variable.

In fairness, I have the same problem. It's perculiar.
imho (and if I understand it right): just release a version with a (ridiculously) large buffer and rely on the community people to test...
Just watching the MOE Qualy (41 people on server,~30 on track) and i have no problem at all. , but maybe the problem is just in races

Edit: like three_jump: the list is to long and not scroll
I'm getting some weird overlay effect on the names, also the last names get cut (not displayed) when having many people qualify (maybe that resolution dependent, no scrolling possible...)

see picture
Attached images
overlay.png
All I have to say is that I love the new feature, the only thing i would like is some higher resolution maps for the tracks.

Otherwise, i have no problems.
Lovely piece of kit this, all that needs implementing now is tyre temps and suspension damage! Then we won't need to spectate at all.
ok i've been doing some debugging and found something.
Thing is, with the position-packet re-timing, i assumed that the overall packet rate was exactly 2 per second (mci-frames). But this appears not to be the case. On my tests it's usually something like 1.97 mci-frames per second. So over time, the re-timer fall behind.

I've now made a check for this, so that the re-timer adjusts itself to match the actual packet rate. I hope that will solve some problems. I actually don't think a giant buffer will do any good now, because i just can't believe that for example people in the UK would have so much lag. It's more to do with the packet rate and in fact how fast your computer clock is running i think.

I've attached a test version that displays the packet rate and how much the mci timer offset changes over time. Please give it a go and let me know if those that had bad car movements still do (or hopefully not )
Attached files
remote.zip - 1.8 MB - 249 views
Quote from Victor :I've attached a test version that displays the packet rate and how much the mci timer offset changes over time. Please give it a go and let me know if those that had bad car movements still do (or hopefully not )

The attached version is definitely smoother than the one online right now for me. I've tried connecting to the same server with both of them at the same time and switching between them, and it's very noticeable, the dynamic mci offset thing works
Snazzy Vic

About the Mac version, it might need some touchy-feely by a OSX machine, else the permissions are a bit messed.

EDIT: This coming from the Mac user with a OSX so messed up, it dies on start up..
The track names appear to be wrong for the Fern Bay tracks - or atleast FE2 is titled as "gold" - I was just viewing a race on CTRA1 which was FE2 but the track name appeared as "FE Gold" in the remote.
Quote from xaotik :The track names appear to be wrong for the Fern Bay tracks - or atleast FE2 is titled as "gold" - I was just viewing a race on CTRA1 which was FE2 but the track name appeared as "FE Gold" in the remote.

yeah: fe green is named "gold"
Looking at a track in FE (3) i think and it tells me its on rallycross reversed. It would be interesting as its running single seaters
i messed up FE config order. Fixed in my version.
Victor, if you werent' so feathery and didnt have a beak, Id kiss you!
I've just updated the web version. When you go there, reload it once with ctrl-f5 to make sure you download it (instead of starting some cached version).

I've also updated the exes :

Win : http://www.lfsworld.net/remote/remote.zip
Mac : http://www.lfsworld.net/remote/remote.app.zip

I've fixed some qualification bugs and you can scroll the racerlist if it doesn't fit in your window. I've yet to do scrollbars for both hostlist and racerlist, but at least it works for now. I don't have too much time left today, so i'm making sure the 24h race is at least watchable
It seems to have a keylogger now in the message window?
I get InSim Relay connection failed : Error #2048.

LFS Remote / Spectator
(378 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG