The online racing simulator
Quote from Ahriman4891 :^ yes. Also aerodynamics is reworked for the 2008 season, so regardless of how detailed LFS aero is ATM, the downforce should be considerably lower. Less downforce + no TC = major difference. Plus it just looks incredibly hot IMHO.

No. The car modelled in LFS is the F1.06. No modifications are necessary.
I was talking about having both That is, there is enough difference between F1.06 and F1.08 to justify having both in LFS.
I thought downforce was being done in 2009 or 2010, because the teams were talking about it when they tested the slicks tyres. The idea is they go back to more mechanical grip than aero grip, so the slicks and aero changes will come in at the same time I think.
Quote from Ahriman4891 :I was talking about having both That is, there is enough difference between F1.06 and F1.08 to justify having both in LFS.

The only thing that justifies LFS having a new/updated BF1 is if they get another deal with Intel or similar. They don't just go and make the updated model as they please.

I highly doubt we will ever see LFS used again so it can score another deal, since it requires Intel or the-like to have another gaming competition or promotion.

So the 2 year old, poor gripped, grooved tyred, plain looking, 200mph r/c sounding BMW F1.06 in LFS will remain as is, no doubt about that. Unless they can find a better deal to scrap the F1.06 alltogether.... and I'd take a 2009+ era slick tyred F1 car any day.
Quote from Tweaker :I'd take a 2009+ era slick tyred F1 car any day.

I would prefer a 1960-1990 F1 car, one from that Era would be kick ass...but it would drop LFS right into GPL's firing line.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I thought downforce was being done in 2009 or 2010, because the teams were talking about it when they tested the slicks tyres. The idea is they go back to more mechanical grip than aero grip, so the slicks and aero changes will come in at the same time I think.

Yes, you are correct. Aero regs didn't change significantly at all for this season. If they had been, the cars wouldn't look like evolved versions of the cars of the past two years.
Yeah, I was wrong about aero changes . I thought the radical decrease in wing size, etc. is in effect from 2008, not 2009.
I'm anxious for new liveries as well. However, I'm not impressed with the new looks so far. I expected more. I like the front wing of the BMW, but the rest (ESP. THE NOSECONE) IMO isn't all that great looking. The lines around it fits strangely as well. Funyn to see how the front sections of the new cars are much more round and pointy compared to the last years. Anyone seeing a trend to an older style?
are those cars without TC already?
Quote from chanoman315 :are those cars without TC already?

Yes. All the teams which are running their new cars at Jerez are running the standard ECU which disallows traction control and greatly reduces the effectiveness of engine braking among other things.

The teams which haven't launched their new cars are running last year's models with this year's ECU installed.
Quote from Lateralus :This statement is 100% false.

It looks pretty similar to last year's, but that's because the aero regs have been fairly static for a few seasons now. As a result all the teams come closer to maximizing the performance of their cars within the confines of the regulations, and so the look of the cars tend to become more similar.

It may look similar, but not a single component has been carried over from last year's car. It's a completely new design.

Sorry mate, I was just talking from a paintjob's perspective.
From the jerez clip on youtube you can really see the cars becoming more lively in the "traction momemnts", and really shows the differences between drivers on leveling the car and keeping the rear end planted.

This is going to be a good season.
cant see any diffrence from the RB3 myself. oh, apart from the lines on the nosecone join together earlier on the paintjob.
The side winglets on the RB4 are alot different though..
Quote from Lateralus :Yes. All the teams which are running their new cars at Jerez are running the standard ECU which disallows traction control and greatly reduces the effectiveness of engine braking among other things.

Engine braking is negligible in an F1 car, even before the introduction of the Standard ECU.
Quote from samjh :Engine braking is negligible in an F1 car, even before the introduction of the Standard ECU.

Only because of engine brake reduction systems, although I don't know the details of them. I think the throttle is partially opened whilst braking to reduce it (amongst other techniques) to avoid locking rears.
Quote from robt :cant see any diffrence from the RB3 myself. oh, apart from the lines on the nosecone join together earlier on the paintjob.

Most teams don't show ALL the changes yet, I think. Secrecy and all...
I think that new Red Bull is now my favourite, mainly for the amazing paintjob, but also because they don't have ugly hubcaps!
Attached images
XPB_03HQSCH0EUOKN50F130U9-4.jpg
the new RB4 looks so great, to many little aerodynamic wings, that looks so technologic and with a lot of futuristic stuff... loved it
Little reminder, people seem to be misusing word "beautiful" here

-
(JamesF1) DELETED by JamesF1 : No need, really... nothing new to say :)

2008 F1 car launches
(406 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG