The online racing simulator
#1 - SFL
HLVC bug or working as intended? (using the green surfaced parts of tracks)
My guess is that it's working as intended. Imo it's perfectly ok to use those parts of the track. The reason there are bumps on some parts probably is just to make the track a little more intresting as you have to make a decision if you want to take a risk or play it safe.

Example:

What do you guys think? Anyone know what rules are used in rl racing?
#2 - Woz
Quote from SFL :My guess is that it's working as intended. Imo it's perfectly ok to use those parts of the track. The reason there are bumps on some parts probably is just to make the track a little more intresting as you have to make a decision if you want to take a risk or play it safe.

Example:

Normal rules is that you keep 2 wheels on the track so I would say that is not valid.

Hope that gets nailed as I had all the corner cut exploits that people use.
I'd say you're off the track there - all four wheels are well outside (inside, depending on your pov) the curb.
#4 - SFL
Quote from Woz :Normal rules is that you keep 2 wheels on the track so I would say that is not valid.

The way I see it is that the green stuff is an extended curb and the curb is part of the track.
Quote from SFL :The way I see it is that the green stuff is an extended curb and the curb is part of the track.

The track is black, and you're not on it.
Wrong section.

Also, I agree with Benny.
You should keep the black thing on black. Or half of the blacks on black while the other half of the blacks is somewhere else.
#8 - SFL
Then why is the example HLVC valid (should be easily fixed) and why isn't the tire row longer?
#9 - SFL
Quote from SFL :Then why is the example HLVC valid (should be easily fixed) and why isn't the tire row longer?

I'd say its definitely a HLVC bug.

The tire row probably isn't longer because that's just dangerous. There are times when someone might get pushed a little wide going through that turn, you don't want them flying through a stack of tires. Extending the tires out to the edge of the curb would kind of defeat the purpose of having that green runoff area there.
Historically, the green stuff would have been grass (or mud). More recently it's become 'grasscrete' (concrete with holes in it planted with something resembling grass) or coloured concrete. I still think it's not part of the track (or curb). OTOH, the curb is part of the track.
should definitely be HLVC invalid... FIA rules say the track is outlined by the white lines at the edge of the track...
Hey, thats me... I'm not a cheater!

Damn I'm cutting that much...
#14 - SFL
Quote from Kronvall :Hey, thats me... I'm not a cheater!

Damn I'm cutting that much...

Are you on my side or a hypocrite? ;D (jk)
For hotlapping it should be invalid. Online however, I see curb cutting all the time. I'm guilty of it too as it is the fastest way around certain tracks. I am all for placing tires in areas to prevent this though.
Kyoto has to be modified : in the GP config, this corner and the first corner of the last split are clearly not well done
Quote from Flotch :Kyoto has to be modified : in the GP config, this corner and the first corner of the last split are clearly not well done

Nothing needs to be done to the track, people just need to stop cutting corners.
#18 - Woz
Quote from UncleBenny :Nothing needs to be done to the track, people just need to stop cutting corners.

LOL, that won'y happen. Just look back to the old BL track. If you didn't go wide before the S you were too slow. You were forced to "cheat" to compete. Now that has changed to grass so you can't take that line any more. A good thing.

I would like stop/go's given or some other penalty for corner cutters. If you did a cut like that IRL you would get penalties or pulled from the race.
We just need realistic suspension damage - hitting a speed-bump at 80mph with stiff racing suspension probably wouldn't do the car a lot of good...
Quote from SFL :My guess is that it's working as intended. Imo it's perfectly ok to use those parts of the track. The reason there are bumps on some parts probably is just to make the track a little more intresting as you have to make a decision if you want to take a risk or play it safe.

Example:

Definitely off-track.

In real life:
  • You can only run off the track in order to avoid a collision (example: first corner scrum).
  • You are not allowed to gain an advantage by going off the track (example: if you exit a corner too wide and go off-track but end up overtaking someone in the process, then you will be penalised or required to relegate the position to the passed driver).
#21 - SFL
Quote from samjh :Definitely off-track.

In real life:
  • You can only run off the track in order to avoid a collision (example: first corner scrum).
  • You are not allowed to gain an advantage by going off the track (example: if you exit a corner too wide and go off-track but end up overtaking someone in the process, then you will be penalised or required to relegate the position to the passed driver).

I totally agree. I just thought that the green stuff was some sort of curb and the curbs was part of the track.
Bit of advice from me, don't do that ever lap in a racing car during an endurance race. I found out the hard way when my suspension let go, not before doing a spectacular 2 wheeler in the FO8 though.
I'd say that is invalid. although, I'd say that if he had 2 wheels on that lighter green strip after the rumble strip he'd be OK.

for races I'd say that lap is still valid though

/my opinions.
Quote from SFL :The way I see it is that the green stuff is an extended curb and the curb is part of the track.

Curbs are not part of the circuit in any racing series I know of... the white lines define the circuit and their should be at least 2 wheels on the circuit at all times.
Quote from UncleBenny :Nothing needs to be done to the track, people just need to stop cutting corners.

IMO, that chicane needs to either be straightened out or (preferably) turned into a 90deg corner that you actually need to slow down for (would be a great passing opportunity following the long oval section). Been saying this since S2 came out, and I'm not alone on it.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG