The online racing simulator
Quote from niall09 :OK, when you open your scene, you see your car etc...
You know where the layers are, dont you?(They are beside the roatating tools) If so, click on the first little box (ie the first layer). All you will see is the car.

Now, press 'a' untill everything is selected. Then press 'shift+d' and click the left mouse button.

Next, click "object" and go to "move to layer", then you can move it around etc..

Then you select all the active layers and Render!!

Hope this halped

Thanks Nail, got it working. been playing around with and camera angle. Its great. Cheers
hmmm getting the same car that is easy now. Still struggling how to get another car.

If the car is not the same:
  • Select the car-to-duplicate 's scene
Now where can I select that ??. I havent got a clue.
Quote from niels1 :hmmm getting the same car that is easy now. Still struggling how to get another car.

If the car is not the same:
  • Select the car-to-duplicate 's scene
Now where can I select that ??. I havent got a clue.

Ok, choose the scene. Then go to the scene where the car you want to transfer is open. Then do exactly the same as you would if you were duplicating it. Once you have moved the model a different layer, click "Ctrl+L" and choose the scene that you want to transfer the car to.
Quote from niall09 :Ok, choose the scene. Then go to the scene where the car you want to transfer is open. Then do exactly the same as you would if you were duplicating it. Once you have moved the model a different layer, click "Ctrl+L" and choose the scene that you want to transfer the car to.

I did all that but the car wont change to a different car. Stays the same.
Quote from niels1 :I did all that but the car wont change to a different car. Stays the same.

You then have to select the layer in which you moved it to.
hmm I must doing something wrong bcus it doesnt change into another car. . Its in the different layer. I klik scene to, select the car, and it stays the same as the original. There isnt changing anything.

lost it
Very nice tutorial, but how are people getting cars? There's only one for me?
redownload the .blend file. there all there
"blurred details" after rendering
Hi all!

First of all: Great tutorial (or should I say: Great easy_to_do_file?!)!

But nevertheless I have experienced a little problem and as I am completely new to this, I cannot resolve it on my own .

As You can see on my attached image, quite a few details are kind of "blurred", especially writings. I have already tried playing with OSA(?)-values but that didn't really help. Exept for turning it off completely resulting in a totally ugly "pixel-salad" ...
That apart I left everything as it was (just selecting the car and my skin-file and adjusting point-of-view slightly) ... oh ... and I turned off reflection (RayMir(?)) to the body-material, 'cause it was too reflective in my opinion ...

So the question is:
Has anyone of You any solution to this?

thanks in advance,
avetere
Attached images
FBM-avetere.png
Quote from niels1 :hmm I must doing something wrong bcus it doesnt change into another car. . Its in the different layer. I klik scene to, select the car, and it stays the same as the original. There isnt changing anything.

lost it

The principle is "copy the car n°2 into the car n°1 scene" The CTRL+L keys are performing this. It transfers object from a scene to another one. Example: You want to put a MRT5 with a XRT. Select the XRT scene, move the XRT to another layer, select the MRT5 scene, select the MRT5, press Ctrl+L, choose the XRT's scene destination, and then check if both the different cars are in the same XRT'scene. You work with two different scene.

Quote from avetere :Hi all!

First of all: Great tutorial (or should I say: Great easy_to_do_file?!)!

But nevertheless I have experienced a little problem and as I am completely new to this, I cannot resolve it on my own .

As You can see on my attached image, quite a few details are kind of "blurred", especially writings. I have already tried playing with OSA(?)-values but that didn't really help. Exept for turning it off completely resulting in a totally ugly "pixel-salad" ...
That apart I left everything as it was (just selecting the car and my skin-file and adjusting point-of-view slightly) ... oh ... and I turned off reflection (RayMir(?)) to the body-material, 'cause it was too reflective in my opinion ...

So the question is:
Has anyone of You any solution to this?

thanks in advance,
avetere

I've don't tried it yet:
Set OSA to maximum and make a very high resolution render and then resize it to remove the blur.

Quote from NathanRx-7 :Very nice tutorial, but how are people getting cars? There's only one for me?

You can choose the car in the listbox at the top "SCE: -name of the car-"
Just tested the resize technique.

The 800*600 render:

The same rendered with a 2048*1536 resolution, redimensioned to 800*600 bicubic filter:

It's less blurry but took 46min to render instead of 5 and the small and fine letter can't be displayed better because of final resolution.
lol I'll have it rendered in low res then photoshop the logo on it instead!!!
Bogey Jammer - Are you going to make a tutorial on how to use the indigo renderer?
Don't know yet, I'm still learning Indigo and it's quite frustrating to edit materials; too long to wait rendering and my old machine is starting to feel it's really obsolete now. I also think that using Indigo is too difficult to newbies. The simple fact to reload each path texture (because blendigo does not seem to support relative path) would afraid noobs. See my earlier blender tutorial, it's a failure, but the rendering kit is a success because people like it like it is even if it makes basic -blurry plastic- renders but mainly because you just have to put a skin texture and press F12.
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :redownload the .blend file. there all there

Yeah but when I open the file I only see one car? How do I find the others even? xD

EDIT: oh I've found out how now.. You see the first time I used blender was when I found this ;P
Quote from Bogey Jammer :T
I've don't tried it yet:
Set OSA to maximum and make a very high resolution render and then resize it to remove the blur.

Just to give You a reply:
I've tried the procedure and results are really much better due to higher rendering quality. Not perfect though, but at least you can read the writings
Enhancements test progress:

I'm still not satisfied yet.
Quote from Bogey Jammer :Don't know yet, I'm still learning Indigo and it's quite frustrating to edit materials; too long to wait rendering and my old machine is starting to feel it's really obsolete now. I also think that using Indigo is too difficult to newbies. The simple fact to reload each path texture (because blendigo does not seem to support relative path) would afraid noobs. See my earlier blender tutorial, it's a failure, but the rendering kit is a success because people like it like it is even if it makes basic -blurry plastic- renders but mainly because you just have to put a skin texture and press F12.

What about using something like Kerkythea?
http://www.kerkythea.net/joomla/

There is even intergration with Blender
http://cobalt3d.free.fr/images ... /Blender2Kerkythea_en.htm
Kerkythea's too blurry, too much shadow noise.. I've saw a scene rendered both with indigo and kerkythea, the difference is scary.
Yafray is better

Kerkithea:

Indigo:
Last try. Blender's ambient occlusion is crap it generates too much noise. Blender needs a good global illumination feature to go further than this to render as good as brazil. And I can't manage to find the ideal setting to create the rim metal material :gnasher:
1H50 to render this :zombie::

Next step: Indigo
Quote from Bogey Jammer :Kerkythea's too blurry, too much shadow noise.. I've saw a scene rendered both with indigo and kerkythea, the difference is scary.
Yafray is better

Kerkithea:

Indigo:

That's true, Indigo is the better MLT renderer of the two (the example images you gave are both MLT renders). However, Kerkythea also has other renderer options, such as the more traditional ray tracing, photon map, path tracing and something called bi-directional path tracing (which seems to be similar to MLT). It might be worth considering testing those options if you haven't tried them?

Quote from niall09 :Is that what you use? Do you have any renders of LFS cars?

No, I can't get to grips with the material system in Kerkythea. I use Cinema4D, although I'm currently using a trial of Modo which is very good. My last render is back here http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=583878#post583878
At Least
:cool:

Indigo rocks

(35hour render)
Wow, that looks great!

Now to make a tutorial

Ready-To-Render kit (free)
(973 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG