The online racing simulator
New tintop class?
(22 posts, started )

Poll : Should there be a super-gtr, RWD tiptop class?

Yes.
No.
New tintop class?
Should LFS have a third tin-top class - a kind of super-GTR, on the molds of GT2 (600+hp tintops, rearwheel drive) - I find the GTRs realy nice, but even bigger engines would be great - just 490hp, 3liter engines... I want the huge v10s with 700, 800 hp!
Ideally(eventually even) LFS should have all forms of motorsport known to man, but i doubt Eric and Scawen would be able to do that in any reasonable amount of time. That is unless you know of a way of developing LFS in the afterlife :P
Of course I want billion cars and classes, but there's more interesting classes I'd like to see before this one, so voted no.
Voted Yes only because I do want those kind of cars...eventually. But like frokki said, there is a couple other more intersting classes I would rather see first.
Quote from Stigpt :Should LFS have a third tin-top class - a kind of super-GTR, on the molds of GT2 (600+hp tintops, rearwheel drive) - I find the GTRs realy nice, but even bigger engines would be great - just 490hp, 3liter engines... I want the huge v10s with 700, 800 hp!

I agree 100%
The current gtr' s are really slow compared to "le mans class" gtr' s. Also the current gtr' s feel very heavy with handling as if they are over 1500kg.

super gtr' s spec examples:
Porsche RS Spyder LM-P2 class, 500HP and empty weight of about 780kg's. Will probably be very close to FO8

Or Dome S101, 4 liter V10 600-650hp (restricted) 900Kg empty weight. probably faster then FO8, but not on small twisty tracks , i guess...
Aussie V8 Supercabs Four-door 5L V8, 600+ hp, 1500kg.
Supercars (Fez/Lambo) - Two-seat MR layout, 6L V12 or V10, less than 1000kg.
Aussie Racing Cars - spec series with one seat, 1200cc 125hp engine, 450kg. Magic

I dunno really, there are so many tintops I'd like to see in this game I wouldn't know what to pick...
No. Faster cars does not mean better racing; look at F1.

Tintops like SuperTourers yes, 800hp prototypes, no.
Quote from Hankstar :Aussie V8 Supercabs Four-door 5L V8, 600+ hp, 1500kg.

Wouldn't be right to have them without Bathurst though
More tintops, regardless of class please, tintops are where it's at.
A RWD to compete with the XFR/UFR would be fun.
Aussie V8 Supercars would be awesome in LFS, especially if a few of the Aussie tracks could be brought into the game.
doesn't the dev's have something against real tracks

don't they have to pay for the use of them
oh and if we "aussies" got one of our tracks, the brits would want two of their own
#13 - JJ72
Quote from Bluebird B B :I agree 100%
The current gtr' s are really slow compared to "le mans class" gtr' s. Also the current gtr' s feel very heavy with handling as if they are over 1500kg.

super gtr' s spec examples:
Porsche RS Spyder LM-P2 class, 500HP and empty weight of about 780kg's. Will probably be very close to FO8

Or Dome S101, 4 liter V10 600-650hp (restricted) 900Kg empty weight. probably faster then FO8, but not on small twisty tracks , i guess...

Those are not GTRs, those are prototypes.
We've got 12 tintops already, 5 single seat formula cars and only 3 open topped cars.

I'd vote for more convertibles, MX5's, Ariel Atom's, Lotus Elise's and the like.

Perhaps the Devs could strike up some sort of deal with a few of the of small independant Kit Car manufacturers similar to the RAC deal.
#16 - mr_x
I'd like to see an S2000 touring car, or Super Touring Car or 2. Something like the old V6 Ford Mondeo's with that awesome sounding engine.
one option would be to bump up the performance of the current GTR's to match rl GT2 cars, and then introduce a new GT3 car to LFS, to keep the slow pokes happy.
Quote from Mazz4200 :I'd vote for more convertibles, MX5's, Ariel Atom's, Lotus Elise's and the like.

Perhaps the Devs could strike up some sort of deal with a few of the of small independant Kit Car manufacturers similar to the RAC deal.

That gets a fat +1 from me!
I'd like some current GT1 spec type cars (a la Corvette C6R, Aston Martin DBR9, etc) and some prototypes (closed and open cockpits) and some late 90s style GT1s (a la Nissan R390 GT1, Porsche 911 GT1, and for the aeronautical enthusiasts, a Mercedes CLR equivalent)
GT1 style prototypes, an AWD FZ50 GTR Turbo to go along with them and also an RWD competitor to the UFR/XFR. Some say we have too much tintops and not enough single seaters. Not true. Ingleseaters are very alike and we have 4 different and on the other hand quite simmilar. THe thing is you can hardly make 2 different cars and make them competetive. And that's the thing. With tintops you can have an N/A engine, FR/MR/RR, FWD, AWD and so on, racing versions of them (there are no single seaters for the road). SOmeone said we need more open cars. What for? They are aerodynamically and constructionally inferior to tin tops - they have more drag and more chassis flex (which is not calculated). The only open cars could be some prototypes. But depending on the calss, the LMP1s will have to be (prolly) closed up in a few years. LMP2 is left though.
#21 - 5haz
What Id like to see is a sort of 'what if' class.

Imagine if Procar hadnt failed, it would be simple, get the F08 or BF1 and replace the body with a saloon style body (Perhaps an XR GTR modified so that it fits the wheelbase), and add some ridiculous wings and splitters and make them breathe fire! Theres something for the devs to think about
I'd like to see a new class of GT racing cars, to offer a bit of variety we could have GT1/silhouette style cars with much better aero and weight distribution but less power than conventional production based GT racing cars with enough power to be competitive against them.

In return I'd like the current GTR class to see a reduction in aero, particularly for the FXR, it's already boringly easy to drive.

New tintop class?
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG