The online racing simulator
seems that William might actually provide some surprise!

"As the two FW29B interim cars roll out at the Jerez de la Frontera circuit to start the team's preparation and testing for 2008, the car livery will include references to the company's 30th year of racing and its 500th entry in a Formula One Grand Prix, a milestone that will be recorded at the Turkish Grand Prix this season. "

And the new BMW Sauber is really no different then the old one.
OMG never seen such a ugly looking Ferrair. If enzo would see this he would turn around in his grave. Its all about speed and winning off course but then again I like to look at it as well. This very ugly, I know its a ferrair but for sure it doesnt like a ferrair.
The new BMW is the best looking car so far. Something about the shape of it is different - from every angle the surfaces always seem to fall away from the eye. It looks very neat.
http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/gallery.php?catID=3049
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php ... isplay.php?fes_gal_id=815

Two very ncie gallaries of the new BMW. I'm looking forward to seeing that thing in action. They've been busy at the rear it seems, that area's seen a LOT of development. It's very neatly packed and a lot more compact than most of the other cars'. It makes sense for them to have worked there, to increase the downforce under specific conditions and hence stability of the car. The new front wing also looks very menacing. The area ahead of the sidepods seems underdeveloped in comparison to McLaren and Ferrari. The rear wing is also flat left-to-right: most teams seem to be going for a lower middle section. They say they'll have another aero package by Melbourne - it should be interesting, maybe they'll be up there with McLaren and Ferrari this year.
That BMW looks great, best looking car in 2008 for now IMO
All of them look so similar. How some of you could say that one of them is funking ugly and another one effing beautiful is beyond me.
Quote :Engine freeze shortened to five years

The teams agreed to shorten the current 10-year freeze on engine development down to five years, with the FIA to start work on a new engine concept that will be ready for the start of 2013.

It is understood this new engine will aim to be more environmentally friendly and more cost-efficient than the current 2.4-litre V8 power unit, with provisional engine regulations due to be presented to the teams within the next two years.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64660

Finally some sense to this shit but it's still a bad joke. They're gonna have a busy time suddenly trying to get to the top place of greener racing. Everyone knows what diesels have achieved in Le Mans and next year every class is required to use biofuel, some series are already doing that like IRL but that's different because there is no huge development involved. The train is already leaving...
Hamsters on wheels. And their droppings will be collected, formed into larger bricks and burned to power a supplementary steam engine. This will also help to reduce speed. Speed is dangerous.
Quote from bbman :Is that front wing bucket a clever way to put more weight on the front when it rains?

Honestly, I can't see a profit by raising the front tip of a wing when it clearly would push more air under the car...

Wings which generate downforce modify the incoming airflow such that it is actually moving very slightly downwards as it hits the front of the wing. The leading edge is curved upwards in order to allow this flow to move onto the wing smoothly. A perfectly horizontal leading edge would cause the wing to stall at a lower angle of attack.
Quote from JJ72 :
And the new BMW Sauber is really no different then the old one.

This statement is 100% false.

It looks pretty similar to last year's, but that's because the aero regs have been fairly static for a few seasons now. As a result all the teams come closer to maximizing the performance of their cars within the confines of the regulations, and so the look of the cars tend to become more similar.

It may look similar, but not a single component has been carried over from last year's car. It's a completely new design.
Hmmm new noseart (and nose shape) is quite nice on the BMW. A lot more like a BMW F1 should look. Somehow it reminds me of 'FILA' though, I don't know why.

But wow, some kind of 3-layer front wing? Looks like those renders you get on those official F1 posters.

I think BMW will have a better car this year. Looks great.
Quote from bbman :Honestly, I can't see a profit by raising the front tip of a wing when it clearly would push more air under the car...

which creates downforce if done correctly
i dont like that paintjob
Don't ask me why, but I love the new BMW front wing and nosecone! :spin:
Attached images
XPB_0U86LMO0IGKZGG0J4WFSW-4.jpg
wont they be at a major loss by not having a like second wing thing (you know what i mean)?

It does look very good though
Agreed, the new BMW looks awesome.
Yep, it looks really good. I like the black accents on the front wing.
I made a mess all over my keyboard after looking at that BMW............. Yes I spilt a drink.
BMW's nosejob and front wing are beautiful

*Dreaming of a surprise appearance in patch Z*
Quote from Ahriman4891 :BMW's nosejob and front wing are beautiful

*Dreaming of a surprise appearance in patch Z*

Keep dreaming; it won't happen. A lot of work redoing the geometry of the F1.06 that we already have, for what? LFS aerodynamics is nowhere near detailed enough for there to be a handling difference.
We also should get the TC removed
^ yes. Also aerodynamics is reworked for the 2008 season, so regardless of how detailed LFS aero is ATM, the downforce should be considerably lower. Less downforce + no TC = major difference. Plus it just looks incredibly hot IMHO.

2008 F1 car launches
(406 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG