The online racing simulator
Dakar 2008 Cancelled
(78 posts, started )
Quote from spookthehamster :They didn't want to stop it, they wanted to kill people. Everybody loses (apart from the people who don't die)

You don't understand... It's about what message you give out when you give in to terrorists...
Quote from bbman :You don't understand... It's about what message you give out when you give in to terrorists...

Well what can you do? You can't bomb their countries or go at war with them, cos it always turns into a RACE/RELIGION war or at least to some 'well, why did he attack, it must be because of oil' and just other bullshank
Quote from BlueFlame :Well what can you do? You can't bomb their countries or go at war with them, cos it always turns into a RACE/RELIGION war or at least to some 'well, why did he attack, it must be because of oil' and just other bullshank

You're not counting on me answering that rubbish, are you?
Lets make a poll of who thinks we should get pay back on those bloody terrorists and who thinks the dakar rally should include guns
who agrees
Quote from bbman :You're not counting on me answering that rubbish, are you?

My point is, it doesn't really matter WHAT we do, The terrorists will always 'win'. And just be thankful it's not in Austria, it's mainly in the Middle east and Africa, even spreading to Europe and the UK but that is the sad thing, these terrorists think they are giving Islam a good name... Well they aren't.

They are doing 10times the opposite but think about it, most of them swear down their religion wants them to do this. So that means the nice Muslims (which is apparently the majority of ALL Muslims) aren't faithful and true 100% to their religion, so it just screws everything up regarding their religion anyway.

I'll put a bet that over 60% of all terrorism in the past 10 years has had some kind of Muslim involvement. And then people say I am narrowly minded when I am biased against it (Islam). Pint in the pub = fine; but globally, I can't stand them.
Quote from BlueFlame :...blueflame demonstrates all the political acumen of a cold virus...

Yeah, whatever....

All rather odd: there is little more than speculation that the murders in Mauritania were the result of a terrorist attack. Robbery seems a much more likely cause, and the ASO should really be more specific about the nature of the threats that have allegedly been levelled directly at the organisation.

Given that people die on the rally every year anyway, I don't see that some ragged and badly organised terrorist cell would make much difference to that particular statistic. Given too that the rally's route is almost a of tour France's imperial interest in Africa, it would be surprising if they have never received threats in the past.

Sounds like a failure of organisation really. Surely part of the point of the rally is to route around trouble anyway?
<not serious mode> Well, weren't there a few hummers in the race anyway? I think they come with an optional turret? </not serious mode>
Can we please narrow them down to Muslim Terrorists please, I don't think you would see even the Russians doing this. Well, actually they would, but they wouldn't sit about making threats about Jihadding the place up, they would stop ****ing about and just do it. And most of the Russian Terrorist demands aren't as bad as what the Muslim Terrorists want
Quote from BlueFlame :Can we please narrow them down to Muslim Terrorists please, ...

Um, I have no idea what you are on about... Do you mean even if the murders were not actually committed by terrorists?! Or are you just talking generally, like we should just franchise out the terrorism business to Muslims to save any further confusion?

Anyway... Robby Gordon agrees with me
They should go to alaska, there's snow instead of sand.
Quote from nihil :Um, I have no idea what you are on about... Do you mean even if the murders were not actually committed by terrorists?! Or are you just talking generally, like we should just franchise out the terrorism business to Muslims to save any further confusion?

Anyway... Robby Gordon agrees with me

No I am just sick of people turning a blind eye with the word Terrorists, because they avoiding the word Muslim, for the threat of them being named a Racist. And some of you are talking about giving in to Terrorists, well, when you just say Terrorists you ARE giving in. People aren't making a point about the shame they are doing to their own religion they are just bypassing the whole thing by saying they are just Terrorists. It doesn't matter what religion they are, IF they say it's their religion guiding the way for them, they need to be named and shamed by being named after which religion they follow. So, if you just say Terrorists, it could be anyway, i mean for heavens sakes it could be Buddists for all anyone knows if you don't Narrow it down.
Quote from BlueFlame :No I am just sick of people turning a blind eye with the word Terrorists,

OK, I think you're alone on your soapbox there... And I can't really be bothered to unpick the blather. Perhaps someone else will...
Quote from nihil :OK, I think you're alone on your soapbox there... And I can't really be bothered to unpick the blather. Perhaps someone else will...

I'll re-write my post as first time wasn't well written. If you say Terrorist, that means they could be of ANY religion. The fact is, the ones threatening the Dakar are Muslims, so they should be named and shamed as MUSLIM TERRORISTS, not given the credit of being like all other types of Terrorists. Not all Terrorists are Muslims, the fact they are Muslim means when you say Terrorist on it's own you are technically being racist but the word Racist on it's own is a joke anyway. GG spending the best part of half of your life figuring that one out. If you don't get it, well there is no saving you. Good luck on teh London Tube!
Quote from BlueFlame :...not given the credit of being like all other types of Terrorists.

So there is credit in being a terrorist, so long as you are not a Muslim terrorist?

Really, I think you've got the wrong end of the stick somehow. Admittedly, the Dakar organisers have been very coy about the nature of the threats they have received, but the Mauritanian government have arrested nine people that allegedly have links with the men who killed the French tourists at Christmas time, who, in their turn are suspected of having 'links' with Al-Quaeda...

If you really want to jump and down and shout "Muslims! Muslims! Muslims!" in the middle of that fog of suspicion and allegation, then be my guest.

Personally, though, I think it would be foolhardy.
I KILL YOU!!!
!!kill
I kill youuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!

!!noob
thinks terrorists are noobs so there

!!Jelous
Thinks terrorists are jelous so there
Quote from nihil :So there is credit in being a terrorist, so long as you are not a Muslim terrorist?

Really, I think you've got the wrong end of the stick somehow. Admittedly, the Dakar organisers have been very coy about the nature of the threats they have received, but the Mauritanian government have arrested nine people that allegedly have links with the men who killed the French tourists at Christmas time, who, in their turn are suspected of having 'links' with Al-Quaeda...

If you really want to jump and down and shout "Muslims! Muslims! Muslims!" in the middle of that fog of suspicion and allegation, then be my guest.

Personally, though, I think it would be foolhardy.

~

but the point is Terrorists these days are always Islamic followers, so if you shouted that, you would probobly be killed anyway. And believe me, I have seen the video's, it ain't pretty.
Quote from BlueFlame :~

but the point is Terrorists these days are always Islamic followers, so if you shouted that, you would probobly be killed anyway.

No. People would point at you in the street and laugh, sometimes to your face and sometimes behind your back. The likelihood of being killed would be extremely low, and even then it would probably be due to your being allergic to Stelazine.
Quote from nihil :No. People would point at you in the street and laugh, sometimes to your face and sometimes behind your back. The likelihood of being killed would be extremely low, and even then it would probably be due to your being allergic to Stelazine.

Ah ok, you are 100% correct. I'd love to see how you enjoyed being laughed at in Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Sudan, Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Yemen, Iran, Iraq, or maybe even Mauritania.

GG
You'd have a 50:50 chance of being killed by an angry lynchmob for seriously insulting them, their county and their culture, just like you'd be if you shouted "you're all nazis" in Germany (or Austria, for that matter)...

I sometimes really do wonder how you manage to breathe...
Quote from bbman :You'd have a 50:50 chance of being killed by an angry lynchmob for seriously insulting them, their county and their culture, just like you'd be if you shouted "you're all nazis" in Germany (or Austria, for that matter)...

I sometimes really do wonder how you manage to breathe...

Open your eyes, this is not what would happen, nobody in Austria would kill me even if i said Austria shall burn in hell and I would know about this, the UK's Crime rate is higher than Austria's for a start, so I already know more about violence and criminal activity than you do, as the stats say I have already encountered it more than you have, giving me a more un-biased opinion of the world as the UK's crime rate is somewhere in the middle of the worlds crime rates but obviously, countries with corrupt governments aren't elidgible for the crime rate statistics list.
Dakar set to move to South America
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64687

Quote :

After the cancellation of the 2008 Dakar Rally following terrorist threats, it appears that the route for 2009 will be completely new, moving continents from Africa to South America.

Autosport.com understands that ASO, the organisers of the event, have signed a deal with a promotion company in Argentina to have a fresh start, therefore distancing themselves to the terrorist problems that eventually stopped the 2008 edition earlier this month.

BTW... As I understand it. a number of privateer teams who were set for the Paris-Dakar are competing in the Budapest-Bamako instead:

http://www.budapestbamako.org/en/utvonal.phtml
Quote from Kristjan.J :They should go to alaska, there's snow instead of sand.

Maybe not Alaska, but what about London to Helsinki?
Quote from duke_toaster :Maybe not Alaska, but what about London to Helsinki?

No
something like Holland(ore germany to) China acros rusia and siberia

Wpould love the idea of a copuld unforginving continetd wich cars race trough

Dakar 2008 Cancelled
(78 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG