The online racing simulator
How to use em?
(11 posts, started )
How to use em?
I'm sorry if this is against the rules or anything, but I don't understand how to load setups?
And I'm finding it very hard to drift, or even stear with the mouse nor keyboard... now this maybe because I'm used to NFS etc, but may someone lend me a hand?
Would be appreciated if anyone could respond,
-Nath
If they are saved in your "setups" folder and if they have the 3 letter abbreviation in front of the name (e.g. "XFG_", "XRG_", "FBM_") you should be able to just select them in the pit screen. They should show up on the top right.
Okay thanks. and thanks for the fast responce.
But now I know how to load them, I'm still haven't problems controlling them... I just keep going out of control or going into a wall (xD) I'm using keyboard settings, and ideas?
The game is really frustrating because you can't ease around a corner.. and if you try break it, you go into a slide, so you counter steer and spin? wtf..?
Quote from NathanRx-7 :Okay thanks. and thanks for the fast responce.
But now I know how to load them, I'm still haven't problems controlling them... I just keep going out of control or going into a wall (xD) I'm using keyboard settings, and ideas?
The game is really frustrating because you can't ease around a corner.. and if you try break it, you go into a slide, so you counter steer and spin? wtf..?

That's called realism
Lol I guess :P
Been playin for abit and starting to get a feel for it... Though I can't drift any corners FAST yet :P any tips on that?
It just takes a little getting used to. Stick with it a bit. Try cruising round at 40mph if you have to, then slow ease the speed up. You'll soon start reaching the limit of different corners and get a feel for the track.

Be gentle and smooth. If you're violent with the controls the car is more likely to react violently.

Edit: Oh you're trying to drift? Well, then my tips still apply, but the learning curve is a bit steeper.
Quote from NathanRx-7 :Lol I guess :P
Been playin for abit and starting to get a feel for it... Though I can't drift any corners FAST yet :P any tips on that?

Just pratice...practice....oh practice some more.....and more...more....even more!

Hehe I'll bare em in mind
And wow, this community is very friendly :o
Quote from NathanRx-7 :Hehe I'll bare em in mind
And wow, this community is very friendly :o

Yes it is, and its one of the main things that pursuades people to buy S2. *poke poke*

Glad to see your enjoying LFS though, and its nice that for once, you did'nt complain about the car's handling in a whingy way. You even admitted that it may be because your not used to the realism of it, when some new people come on and start saying "Omgzz1! My CAr Iz NoTZ TurRnINgz ANDZ DotnZ drIveZQ!!!one!" etc.
well the first part is setting up your keyboard steer correctly.
i tried to use the mouse and was very frustrated.

under controls you can alter your steer and return rate.

here are my settings.
steer rate: 0.47
return rate: 0.38

fast steer mutiplier: 3.00
slow steer multiplier: 0.25

button control rate: 10.0 (if you are using patch x, then use 6, just make it as high as possible.)

i also advise using the "no help" option, because it will let you feel the car better

for controls, left steer is left arrow, right steer is right arrow, slow steer is down and fast is up.

i usually drove around with down always pushed and pressed up when i wanted to make fast corrections.
in otherwords, my middle finger was always on the down arrow and my other fingers were on steer control.

throttle: a
brake: s
shift up: x
shift down: z

of course its a lot more fun when you have a real controller or wheel.
i went and got a ps2 style usb controller about a year ago and have used it since.

hope this helps
xD And yeah I'm gonna buy S2 maybe this weekend.
Again, thanks for your help.
EDIT: for the post above

Yeah I might get a wheel :P

How to use em?
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG