The online racing simulator
Automatic Update LFS.exe
(9 posts, started )
Automatic Update LFS.exe
I did a few quick searches and couldn't find anything on this...

I think LFS should like most software nowadays check for latest versions or patches and prompt us to update, i know a few people who aren't involved in the community at all and they were many patches behind.

Yeah, I think this is a good idea.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :Or an LFS.exe that checks the last date they were seen in the forums and says "Hey buddy, why don't you visit anymore? We miss you, you old lug!"

illepall lol!!
I don't think updates are released often enough to warrant this feature. Im sure most of us are here scouring the forums for new releases. Still, it would be cool to have nonetheless.
Good idea!
I think it's enought that you get an email from LFS that there is a patch available. If you have enabled it...
#7 - axus
+3. Muahaha.

Regarding updates being to rare, there was a time when test patches were coming out every few days or so practically. If we ever see that update pace again (and I hope we will), this will come in handy, especially if it could just update the LFS.exe rather than downloading a whole new one.
#8 - ORION
This would be nice, but I think it would be even nicer to have some HUGE text showing the links to lfsforum.net and lfsworld.net, so ppl will get to know where they can find help
Not too bothered about an auto update, some some sort of feature that tells you an update has been released would be nice, say an automated email service. Not everyone reads the forums, so id imagine itll take some a while to find out that their is even a new update released.

Automatic Update LFS.exe
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG