The online racing simulator
Head To Head System Test/Comp
(70 posts, started )
Was indeed very good fun again.
This time was even better! This pass-to-win rule really puts some pressure on.

Great race Tea, and so many others too I won't bother to name

Grats Dave for winning again and thanks for everyone that took part in this
#53 - troy
yep was again very nice and the pass rule added some spice to it (sadly i had to learn that the hard way ^^) thank your for organizing and congratulations again to davews for his second championship. i'm surely in next time if i can make it
Hi, I'll just make a brief review of the event if you don't mind Results are attached

Qualify: Two drivers were knocked at the qualifying, [SR]DalekSam and Grace|Jim. But Simah disappeared so Dalek took his place on the races. [FM]troy, with an amazing lap, got his second pole position with cP DaveWS following him closely and Fusion. Jack in third place.

First Round: If there were no surprises with who was knocked and who advanced (based on qualifying places), there were very good surprises in the races themselves: Storm drivers Thor and Blackbird made an epic battle wich ended with Thor winning with best combined time, as well as RP. MistaTea's huge pressure on Phreak23, who didn't let MistaTea pass but lost in the combined times. The new "Pass-to-win" (PTW) rule was used too, by Fusion. Jack over Tony(fin), [SR]E.de Souza over RP.Deranu and NikoPDR over [FM]Laudi. JoLe and cP DaveWS made a lonely lap because of Fusion. Dan and Lelo disconnects.

Second Round: [FM]troy starts at full speed with a PTW over [SR]Thor (after some nice defending), while Fusion. Jack prefers two races to knock JoLe after building a nice gap in race one. RP. MistaTea continues his pressure, now against [SR]E.de Souza, and wins again in the combined times with a 0.18s difference! If that's not close enough for you, cP DaveWS had to try hard to manage a PTW move over NikoPDR in the last corner exit and win by 0.04s!

Semifinals: Fusion. Jack was quick on the inside of first corner when [FM]troy stepped on the grass and went wide. Troy tried his best, but Jack was confident and crossed the line 0.14s ahead. On the other semifinal, this time RP. MistaTea had to deal with the pressure as cP DaveWS was following him very closely, and a mistake on the chicane exit costed him the place on the finals, as Dave won with a PTW.

Final: cP DaveWS and Fusion. Jack, four races, and a PTW move subtracting 1s of the winner time each time. First race was, as Fusion. Jack himself described, "intense": both drivers changing lines to defend/attack, in a beautiful dance, with Dave taking the lead a few meters of the finish line! Not impressed? Gap was 0.01s! Second race was good to Dave again, as Jack stepped on the grass and lost some time on first corner. And as if things weren't going great for Dave already, he still had more to give: another PTW move on last corner again on race three and he was now virtually champion: over 5s ahead of Jack in the combined times. So here comes race four, Jack needs a miracle so he goes for it: he pushes very hard and manages to go side by side twice in two very nice moves, but Dave's equally nice defending keeps him leading at the end. Now cP DaveWS is officialy two-times Head-to-Head Champion! Congrats!

Attached images
H2H #2 Qualify.jpg
H2H #2 Results.jpg
Lol I got the exact same qualifying time twice exactly the same in a row. 55.92

Meh the pressure from Dave made my heart almost explode! O_O

Great races with de Souza and Phreak was pretty stressed in those too. Im guessing its cuz its my second ever event!
I want another head-to-head event!!

I propose as1r & lx4 combo
Quote from tonyonparas :I want another head-to-head event!!

I propose as1r & lx4 combo

Meh, LX4 isn't enough of a beast
Perhaps we'll move to the City
Perhaps. City is fun to race
Great to hear there is some interest in the Head-to-Head events. I am going to be running a League with it soon, so any combo ideas are welcome. I do not want to see more then 1 car on the track even if the class is well balanced, as each car will have strengths and weaknesses. I would like to see the less popular cars: RAC, LX6 and those that are more difficult to control on a specific combo. Tracks can not take longer than 1:30... Events will be held once every two weeks, OR once every week depending if we have enough support and the majority of the racers opinions.. There will be 5 races (if we do 1 race every 2 weeks) or 10 races if we choose to do 1 race each week.

I will make another thread about this soon enough but this is just giving a slight heads up. I am looking for someone with some time and experience to make videos of each event, possibly even the last event because that was amazing.
RAC on FE Green sound interesting in my book.
I guess I just have a softspot for those odd combos. (If only I was fast :P )
+1 for RAC
Fo8 So3
If there happens to be an event on Kyoto: I'm in.(I get 70+ FPS there)
P.S. Internet seems to be fine. If I do lag though, just tell me. But only if its serious. For example, if I just lag for a little while in the middle of a race, its not serious. If I'm lagging the whole server, ban me for the rest of the day.
Last time u Dalek showed up during the race and linked something to the forums and left. What was it?
Quote from tonyonparas :Last time u Dalek showed up during the race and linked something to the forums and left. What was it?

It's over and done with, nothing to worry about!
Well, G-Man and I just had a two hour conversation over the event - also known as we watched all the replays and started commentating on the Head-to-Head Event 2. We are hoping to have it done as soon as we can but for the moment I can't offer any sort of time line. As well as I can't offer a direct time frame for the start of the Head-to-Head League. I will make a League Discussion post when the time comes so that people can discuss combos and all the other things...
Quote from blackbird04217 :Well, G-Man and I just had a two hour conversation over the event - also known as we watched all the replays and started commentating on the Head-to-Head Event 2. We are hoping to have it done as soon as we can but for the moment I can't offer any sort of time line. As well as I can't offer a direct time frame for the start of the Head-to-Head League. I will make a League Discussion post when the time comes so that people can discuss combos and all the other things...

I´ll be waiting for it
Can I get a mod to move this and the other Head-to-Head threads into the Head-to-Head Racing Series sub-topic? Thanks!

Head To Head System Test/Comp
(70 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG