The online racing simulator
So, how many 'famous people' do you know?
(62 posts, started )
I don't know anyone famous, but i have met quite a few!

When I was younger, I met Mary McAleese (Irish president)
Sean Óg o hAilpín was presenting prizes at my school awards, I got 2
The famous Munster Rugby Team who won the Heinikin Cup usually train in the pitch across from where I work..before and after training they have breakfast and lunch at the golfclub where I work so i meet them there
Eamonn De Valera (Former Irish Taoseach and President) went to the same school as me
I met Steve Davis on holiday in Portugal with his wife (who is very good looking indeed, top or no top )
One year when I was very little, we took a trip down to Monte Carlo a day after the grandprix. We bumped into David Coulthard, who offered to take his picture with my brother, but my brother was too shy and didnt get the photo taken

My dad has claimed to have met a good few famous people. He has had dinner with Jack Charlton, he has had a pint with Phil Lynott (thin lizzy member). Has had a pint with Rod Stewart.

One of my brothers friends went to Old Trafford, and while taking a tour of the stadium, he was running and accidently clattered straight into Bobby Charlton - knocking him to the ground
Oh yes, I met Russ Swift a few months ago.
Alexander Armstrong was the guest @ our speech day last year. The problem was - I didn't win anything
My cousin is Anthony Kiedis from the Red Hot Chili Peppers and I'm very good friends with Dan Simmons (horror/SF author) and his daughter.
I met all of the cast and crew from Emmerdale when they used to film in a little village, I've also bumped into Jeremy Clarkson at Manchester Airport, some British "sports stars" came to school when they were applying to be a sports college, I got to say hello to the Queen when she came to S****horpe to open what was the worlds largest Woolworths, and though not really famous Lord and Lady Sheffield came to my house a few times when my mother was making Lady Sheffield a wedding dress.

I am sure I have some others but I can't for the life of me remember their names.
Let's see, probably nobody really famous outside of Belgium, but here goes: I know a BelCar pilote, nothing special really.
At a car show I once saw the Belgian prince and his wife and kids.
Some TV people, Piet huysentruyt, Gaston Berghmans (2x), ...
Meh, I don't really care about those people, I don't even notice them most of the time
I know more "famous" people then people who have famous names :S

Not proper famous people, mind. Just the sort of famous where certain people know who they are.

Closest I've ever come to actually meeting anyone properly famous was when I sat and had lunch with Rubens Barrichello when I was working at Volkswagon UK and he was driving for Jaguar. Both their HQ's were pretty much next to each other and you'd often see him in the food hall
My last name is Rodgers. My cousin's name is...... Kenny. Thank goodness I don't have another cousin named Fred . Though Fred's name is spelled "Rogers".

As for knowing real "famous" people, I know none. But my Dad played basketball as a kid with Michael Keaton (Batman), I worked for a guy who was a spitting image of Michael Keaton, thus we called him Batman. I work with Big John Studd's (of WWF fame pro-wrestling) nephew, I partied with Brett Michael's (80's band, Poison) sister. His grandma lived up the road from me. I played little league baseball and went to school with Scott Milanovich (played backup quarterback in the NFL for Tampa Bay and is now quarterback coach for Montreal in the Canadian Football League), and my brother went to school and played little league with Matt Clement.

Scott Milanovich played in the NFL, but never made it big. That's as close to "famous" people known as I get. I never knew Matt Clement who has made it pretty good in the National Baseball League here in the US.
I know Erki Nool - he won gold medal in Sidney in year 2000. He is Estonian athlete and he visits my home town once a year, because his sister lives near me. I know Andrus Veerpalu because I have meet him in Otepää (20 km from our town). They are Estonian celebrities.
#36 - Smax
I don't actually know any famous people but if it's namesakes you want then my best mate is Paul Smith and my name is Michael Johnson.
I did go to school with a professional cricketer called Chris Adams but he's not really a-list material

As for famous people I have actually met [mostly briefly and mostly through school],the list reads HRH Pirncess Margaret, Enoch Powell, Jim Irwin, David Bellamy, Jeremy Clarkson, John Noakes and Air Marshall Sir Charles Pringle who just had lost of medals and seemed to think he was famous.
Oh yea... Today I met the most famous person ever... John Smith...

I saw a movie recently, and they had to get away and called everyone John Smith for the sake of it... Today some guy says: hello, I'm John Smith... I wasn't paying attention, and I was like: WTF?
My friend's brother is called Michael Jordan.
Quote from J@tko :Yes - He went to my school! (a long time ago mind....!)

Seriously?

(P.S, if you hadn't realised, Paul Robinson the England goalie is not my next-door neighbour - just a namesake)

what school do you go to or which school did you go to
hmm lets see..i had lunch with Helio Castroneves. i shoke george bushes hand (hahahaha). i know Billy Montana very well. i know many members of christian rock bands (since my dad works for a record company EMI/tooth and nail/solid state). and ive had many more experiences lol
Quote from carmaniac1993 :...i shoke george bushes hand (hahahaha)...

you should've punched the bastard!

At least that way, you would be put on youtube, and get famous yourself with the video getting 253,232,672 hits...

oh, and did i mention the going to prison part?..
Quote from harjun :what school do you go to

You can work that out yourself! Find any website about him. He's the second most famous person that went to my school after General Sir Mike Jackson - chief on the General Staff in Iraq.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :you should've punched the bastard!

At least that way, you would be put on youtube, and get famous yourself with the video getting 253,232,672 hits...

oh, and did i mention the going to prison part?..

hah yea but this was all 3 months before he was president lol. but now i would have to agree with you lol. if the video got that many hits who cares about prison!!
Have meat a couple of Scotland football players, MacFadden and Miller springing to mind. Also Macfaddens Uncle drives the Taxi's up in my aera.

Also on first name terms with my local football team Ross County, although I'm sure "2nd division football does'nt really count as famous I think.
Quote from jaws99 :Now that's cool

Wish I was more a fan of their music...

It's nice to get free backstage passes and stuff when they come through the area, though.
Another one I remembered...about 5 miles from where I used to live was a scrapyard, where I used to get old clapped out bits for my old clapped out Renault..

..the scrappy was owned and run by Jean Alesi's DAD!

(He had a couple of shells of Ferraris that Jean had wrecked bolted to the walls!)
Well, I know some danish racedrivers... Actually, I send them bills once in a while ( Being a freelance press officer for several danish teams )

Some of them:

Henrik Lundgaard ( Privateer World Rally Champion 2000, Danish Touring Car Championship top-runner )
Kurt Thiim ( 1986 DTM-champion, has raced Le Mans, DTM, Nordschleife etc )
Nicki Thiim ( Kurt's son - one of the young talents. Took 2nd place in his first DTC-race after Le Mans-winner John Nielsen )

Can't claim that I know them, but I've talked to Jan Magnussen ( Stewart F1, Le Mans, ALMS, etc ), Jason Watt, Tom Kristensen, and a whole lot more...

The danish Prince Joachim almost rammed me with a BMW 2002 last summer, when he participated in the Copenhagen Classic Grand Prix in the streets of Copenhagen. The throttle got stucked, so he took a concrete barrier with approx. 80 km/h. I was right behind that barrier, kinda close from getting half a wreck thrown in my face - maybe that's why you have to sign a paper that says something about "The track has no responsability of my health - if I get hurt, I should have stayed at home"
Anyways, we had a small chit-chat when he got out. He was a bit annoyed that he had just destroyed another mans car.

I actually did an interview with Nicolas Larini from the Chevrolet WTCC-team last spring, when he came to Denmark to help out setting up the danish Chevrolets. Interesting person - he should just learn some better english

Oh well. I want to be famous too. No, wait. Nah.
Quote from carmaniac1993 :i shoke george bushes hand (hahahaha).

Did you remember to wash your hands after doing it? And more important, did you count your fingers?

I've known a bunch of respected musicians but there would be no use in mentioning them since they're not really popular. The last one I talked to was Pierre Bastien (video on YouTube). A lovely guy, just as most of the academic musicians I've met. They tend to be much more available and interested in talking about music than pop stars.

Edit: the most curious scene I've ever witnessed about the refusal of a "star status" happened at Link, Bologna. Scanner (aka Robin Rimbaud) had just finished his performance and a fan went on the stage with a Scanner CD in his hands. They shook hands and talked nicely although the fan clearly struggled with English, then the fan asked Scanner to sign the CD. Rimbaud politely declined to do so but the fan insisted. So he took a look at his watch and signed the CD. He probably wrote the place, date and hour along with his signature, thus rendering the autograph nothing more than a simple document of his presence and not a sign of an achieved fame. The fan was scratching his head and was showing the autographed CD to his friends, unable to understand.
#50 - DeKo
arthur numan (legend of a rangers player) came into our school and i used my 6th year privileges to talk to him for about 10 minutes and to sign his book for me, if that counts.

Also, alan gows maw works with mine, talked to him a couple of times. he's genuinly gutted that he isnt breaking into the first team. Also met him a couple of times when he was with airdrie.

So, how many 'famous people' do you know?
(62 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG