The online racing simulator
Thoughts on Furries (such as me)
(129 posts, started )

Poll : Furries

I dont care doesn't matter to me
I like them (or am one of them)
I hate them (hate anything associated with furries)
I only hate the yiffers (the sexual ones)
What is the general consensus on furries? For those of you who dont know what they are let me explain (i'm one myself). PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE THREAD BEFORE VOTING. This will explain things thoroughly and remove any false preconceptions.

A furry is someone who has an affinity (or likes) for anthropomorphic animals. Anthropomorphic animals are animals that are bipedal (walks on two legs) and have human characteristics (intelligent, talks, etc). Think StarFox. I am an example of a lizard furry. (my picture is a lizardman).

There are 3 categories of furries.

Category 1 are people who just have an affinity for it. Nothing more nothing less. (Think casual StarFox fans).

Category 2 are people who actually dress up and role play as bipedal animals. These people can be usually found in conventions and online chat rooms.

Category 3 are a scary bunch. These people are actually sexually attracted to "furries" or bipedal animals and perform sexual activities with each other either through suits or online cyber sex (There is a term for this and it is "yiff" or "yiffy"). This is a incredibly sick group of people are DO NOT MAKE UP a good portion of the furry population

I am a lizard furry and a Category 1 but leaning on category 2.

FALSE PRECONCEPTIONS
Comment: All furries are category 3

Answer: THIS IS NOT TRUE NEVER BELIEVE THAT. Just because you have an affinity for it doesn't mean you are sexually attracted to it. I'll give you an example. I love auto racing but that doesn't mean I am sexually attracted to racecars.

Comment: furries are zoophiles (sexually attracted to animals)

Answer: THEY ARE TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT people. They can be the same but not usually.

Comment: furries are always engaged in sexual activity

Answer: Yiff furries DO NOT MAKE up a good portion of the furry community and a lot of furries are against it.

Comment: furries hate to be human and thus like to be something else.

Answer: Not always true. If that is true then all Dungeons & Dragons players hate to be human as well.

Comment: furries are delusional people who actually believe they are a bipedal animal

Answer: Again, not always true. Just because someone role plays doesn't mean they dont have contact with reality. When someone plays a MMORPG do they always loose contact with reality and who they really are? No....same concept
No opinion. I'm just gonna wait and see what responses this thread generates
Are you lerts in disguise?
in before flamewar
@lizardfolk: Woo. Go furries...I know more furries than humans o.o

What the guy above me said.

I know several furries that span all 3 categories. But furries aren't all category 3. Not by a long shot. Most of them are the first 2 categories.

Another myth about furries:

They are all rude and arrogant:

FALSE. They are just like any other human being.

Just my 0.02

DK
*Loads shotgun*
Quote from spankmeyer :*Loads shotgun*

*loads machine gun*

Spanky, a tip. Furries usually fight dirty.

I know from personal experience.
I'm interested to hear your thoughts LizardFolk on 'woodies' (such as me). We have an affinity for anthropomorphic plants and flora of all types. Think shrubbery that walks and talks. I personally am a 3rd level Crassula ovataand hope to become a level 4 Cotyledon orbiculata by early March. Ultimately I aspire to become a level 62 Sequoiadendron giganteumbut then what woodie wouldn't? And don't get me started on those &@*# perverse woodchucks, giving all the rest of us woodies a bad name with their wood chuck here, wood chuck there, here a chuck, there a chuck, everywhere a chuck chuck. No sir, don't think we're all like that. Most of us are just normal, regular people - who just happen to like dress up and pretend to be plants. <rustle/>
*loads RPG launcher, puts on a class III vest and calls in reinforcements from /b/."
Quote from spankmeyer :*Loads shotgun*

Please shoot me first, i don't think i can take much more of this :worried:
Dudes, didn't your hickabilly grandpa teach you go get proper guns? *loads BFG 9000*
Calls Deggis's BFG and raises a Redeemer
That´s just plain weird.... but each to their own. I don´t care, it doesn´t matter to me.
megalolz at all the replies
A good alternative to fox-hunting, which won't harm or scare [real] foxes??
Better a furry than a scaly. Don't see the attraction in reptiles, myself.
What about slimy's?

Why? WHY?
*grabs thread and pulls it back to topic*

During the time I've spent on Second Life (well over a year now) I've been in contact with a lot of people that describe themselves as furries. The vast majority of these have been what you describe as "Category 1" furries, with a handful of "Category 2" ones and the very occasional "Category 3" one.

The Category 1 ones (that is, the ones with just furry avatars) are a generally nice bunch. I enjoy hanging around with them. They don't mind that others aren't furries or anything, they have no general hatred of furry haters either. They just get along with day to day stuff like the average person.

The Category 2 ones are much the same. Again I enjoy chatting with them. They don't try to force anything on people so all is good. These appear to be the ones that get annoyed at those that don't like furries themselves, however I've not personally seen them doing anything *to* said people.

The Category 3 ones are a sick bunch. While I've been in a furry avatar (consider me slightly Category 1, I have a couple of avatars I wear occasionally) all that I have heard from them is requests for some sort of sex/bondage etc. Totally disgusting, and I don't wish to have any Category 1 or 2 furry associated with them at all. Hence me voting for the 3rd option
I still dont quite get what you mean by Furries.
I had a friend a few years back who insisted on going everywhere wearing those lizard eye contact lenses, so I guess that makes him a Cat 2 type person.

But why would anyone go to the bother of dressing up when they're just going to be hanging out in chat rooms?
Quote from AstroBoy :I still dont quite get what you mean by Furries.

See attached for an example
Attached images
Snapshot_004.jpg
Quote from AstroBoy :I still dont quite get what you mean by Furries.

People who dress up like animals. Don't Google it, unless you're turned on by drawings of human-like animals having (gay) sex. Once seen, you can never unsee it again. Remember these words. :geezer:

The Wiki seems to be rather safe, though.

(129 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG