The online racing simulator
Hello lads,
It's with great pleasure i arrive and post for the first time here.
It's my child's dream somehow to play in racing simulations. I waited that I am 31 years old to do so, don't ask me why :P.

So after I looked around a while and figured LFS is the best option for me, being as realistic as it could be. I got the demo today and started taking tutorials and got some first attempts on pub servers.

I am not sure if I should get S2 license straight or if i should practise on demo first, then S1, then S2.
What is the best option for a good learning curve?

Edit: Well i took the S2 license anyway now. I figured I might get more training stuff like that.
Hey Im new to the game.. sort of.. had it on an old computer.. Oh well lets just say im new, Downloaded the game about 2 days ago?
Im using demo .. Because my family dont allow me to pay for S2 Licence... (Yeah I know STUPID!)

Looking forward to some good clean racing (If I get S2 [Hopefully I get it] Because in Demo.. there is NO clean racing, people go flying into you on purpose and go the wrong way making people crash etc. )

Hope to see some of you Clean racing Demoers in game!
Hi all,

I've been observing LFS's progress for the past few years, and it's really come a long way. I used to play GTL and rFactor back when I had a wheel/pedal controller and more spare time, but LFS seems to provide a more intuitive driving experience.

Good job on the devs!

Only critique is kamakaze AI. At least when racing in real life people don't try to ram you - at least it hasn't happened to me!

Planning on getting the S2 license as soon as I can arrange a new c/c account. Unfortunately I'm stuck on mouse/keyboard controls though.
SUP...

SaNTi here, Just bought a S2 license after playing the demo for a while. I'm mostly a Console racer, (Forza 2) but i also enjoyed LFS a lot.

Hopefully i get my moneys worth out of the game, and hopefully get a decent wheel cause I'm currently playing with the 360 wireless controller (ARGGGH) Hope to see you guys around.

Quote from SaNTi iTNaS :SUP...

SaNTi here, Just bought a S2 license after playing the demo for a while. I'm mostly a Console racer, (Forza 2) but i also enjoyed LFS a lot.

Hopefully i get my moneys worth out of the game, and hopefully get a decent wheel cause I'm currently playing with the 360 wireless controller (ARGGGH) Hope to see you guys around.

Welcome to the track

Try use KB and mouse

Regards

Inouva
________
Lincoln-Zephyr Specifications
G'day
Hey all. I acquired a Logitech Momo recently, having never gamed on PC before (but I am far from a computer novice). I'm an old fart (50) to start computer gaming, but LFS is fun... even if I suck at it right now.

I just want to learn how to:

1. Stick to the racing line
2. Stop skidding when I brake.

I know - it's practice.

Take care all,
John
Hi, I just starting playing recently, i like the game, but I can't afford a S2 or even S1 license and no one has a credit card .

Well nice meeting you anyways, i guess i'll always have to be a demo racer.
Quote from AntipodeanCharm :Hey all. I acquired a Logitech Momo recently, having never gamed on PC before (but I am far from a computer novice). I'm an old fart (50) to start computer gaming, but LFS is fun... even if I suck at it right now.

I just want to learn how to:

1. Stick to the racing line
2. Stop skidding when I brake.

I know - it's practice.

Take care all,
John

Welcome to the track , a tip , try no push to the botton the breake pedal

Quote from N1Te :Hi, I just starting playing recently, i like the game, but I can't afford a S2 or even S1 license and no one has a credit card .

Well nice meeting you anyways, i guess i'll always have to be a demo racer.

Go here and try win the S2 voucher

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=36739

Good Luck and welcome
________
Lsv
Yes the quiz was very hard unfortunately... and someone got over my score sadly.
Hey everyone

Have been playing various demo versions of LFS on and off for quite a few years, ive finally decided to get an S2 liscense and I am loving it, superb work from the LFS team

Joe
Quote from 5haz :Hey everyone

Have been playing various demo versions of LFS on and off for quite a few years, ive finally decided to get an S2 liscense and I am loving it, superb work from the LFS team

Joe

Glad to hear , Welcome to the track
________
Toyota c transmission specifications
Hi everybody,

I'm Uala, and I'm from Brasil. I live on Rio, and I've been playing with LFS on the last 2 years, mostly on weekends, and just a month ago I've bought my S2 license.

Since than I've been poking around with the FOX and some setups, but not so sure how to do things yet. I'm doing the -shame-1:15 on BLGP, and hoping the next months I'm getting better!

I'm trying to be as clean as a newbie can be, but I'm lacking some experience... So, back to practice with 20 AI's and see what happens !

See you around the tracks!
Quote from uala :Hi everybody,

I'm Uala, and I'm from Brasil. I live on Rio, and I've been playing with LFS on the last 2 years, mostly on weekends, and just a month ago I've bought my S2 license.

Since than I've been poking around with the FOX and some setups, but not so sure how to do things yet. I'm doing the -shame-1:15 on BLGP, and hoping the next months I'm getting better!

I'm trying to be as clean as a newbie can be, but I'm lacking some experience... So, back to practice with 20 AI's and see what happens !

See you around the tracks!

Welcome to the track , dont be shame of your time , is only practice

And dont be afraid to go online , where gets better exp , Ai is ok to practices but i recomend you go online , one server with almost 8 or 10 players , watch how race and try to do the same
or go to the pro servers , like Conedodgers 1 or 2 , or Red line Or ctra and look how drive and learn form there

Regards

Inouva
________
TUBE 8
Quote from Inouva :Welcome to the track , dont be shame of your time , is only practice

And dont be afraid to go online , where gets better exp , Ai is ok to practices but i recomend you go online , one server with almost 8 or 10 players , watch how race and try to do the same
or go to the pro servers , like Conedodgers 1 or 2 , or Red line Or ctra and look how drive and learn form there

Regards

Inouva

Hes said it for me.

But nevertheless, welcome to the community uala.
Came by a friend last friday and he showed me LFS.....I got catched with the virus.

Bought myself a license and in need to get myself a steering wheel.

Just a great addiction!
Hi all

I am Aroutin i am 16 years old.
I live in the Netherlands
I have played 2 months demo(drifting)
And then i buy`d yesterday S2
I am really happy now and now crashers in S2
And lfs is a fantastic game, and......nothing

Aroutin
Heeey all,

I'm new here, I live in Holland, in Eindhoven, if somebody knows that place :O, and i'm 19 years old, just bought a s2 license 2 days ago, played different versions of the demo as well, from the beginning, didn't think at first it would become this big, but LFS turned out te be a big succes!
So congratulations to th devs. And it aint even finished yet :P.
The game just feels so good and reel, i'm glad i bought the license.
Hope to see some people online .

Cya.
New from Québec
Hi,

Name is Clarence Prigent, from Canada. 39y old (I know, its a bit old to play with little cars!!!!). I like simulations, like Flight sim (I have been playing that game for 5 years now) and now I decided to change and try driving a car for a change.

Like the others, I just bought my licence yesterday and decided to join this wonderful community!!!

I will buy my new wheel, the G25, next month.

Hope to see you soon on the course!!!
Quote from v-sem :Came by a friend last friday and he showed me LFS.....I got catched with the virus.

Bought myself a license and in need to get myself a steering wheel.

Just a great addiction!

Quote from ArOuTiN :Hi all

I am Aroutin i am 16 years old.
I live in the Netherlands
I have played 2 months demo(drifting)
And then i buy`d yesterday S2
I am really happy now and now crashers in S2
And lfs is a fantastic game, and......nothing

Aroutin

Quote from Speed_Flame!RO. :Hy , i'm new here i decided to make an account because i'm like all of you a Big FAN of Live For Speed ... my first race in LFS was...aaa...in 2005 / 6 i dont know :P i didnt have internet conection at that time ...anyway .. . I would like to know new drivers...not NOOBS from a couple of servers :| ... ONLY PRO Drivers ... ho knows how to drive a Virtual car ...and Congratulations for Scawen Roberts ,Eric Bailey and Victor van Vlaardingen GREAT GAME ...so real ...and more :P . In a few days i will upload my Personalized Skin ...and....i've got a good set.. ho wants a DUEL ? ...
o...and..i say now.... i have a Bad-English (hope you understand)
Have a good day all...and Drive-Fair :P

Speed_Flame!RO.

Quote from Mrlyrical :Heeey all,

I'm new here, I live in Holland, in Eindhoven, if somebody knows that place :O, and i'm 19 years old, just bought a s2 license 2 days ago, played different versions of the demo as well, from the beginning, didn't think at first it would become this big, but LFS turned out te be a big succes!
So congratulations to th devs. And it aint even finished yet :P.
The game just feels so good and reel, i'm glad i bought the license.
Hope to see some people online .

Cya.

Quote from hanomag251 :Hi,

Name is Clarence Prigent, from Canada. 39y old (I know, its a bit old to play with little cars!!!!). I like simulations, like Flight sim (I have been playing that game for 5 years now) and now I decided to change and try driving a car for a change.

Like the others, I just bought my licence yesterday and decided to join this wonderful community!!!

I will buy my new wheel, the G25, next month.

Hope to see you soon on the course!!!

Welcome to the track to all , enjoy the game
________
BUY NO2 VAPORIZER
Quote from Inouva :Welcome to the track to all , enjoy the game

^------- He's our official welcoming party!
Hi there,

I'm a 18 years old german-russian driver .
Just bought S2 and the MOMO Racing wheel last week. Great simulation, feels really awesome!
I have already played GTR, GTR2, GTL and Rfactor and must say that LFS offers best online races.
Hope to improve my skills with MOMO shortly...
Quote from xCRuSTyx :Hi there,

I'm a 18 years old german-russian driver .
Just bought S2 and the MOMO Racing wheel last week. Great simulation, feels really awesome!
I have already played GTR, GTR2, GTL and Rfactor and must say that LFS offers best online races.
Hope to improve my skills with MOMO shortly...

Welcome to the track

Yeah is great race online , and if you play thats game and like it , try race with 32 racer online with the great physic LFs has , and you will love it more that anithing
________
VAPORMATIC VAPORIZER
Hi everyone, i am new here, and new to simulators. i have played some driving games but apperently this is the most physically realistic game out there (exept for the barrier physics and damage model). I heard of this game in driftcentral when disscussing simulators that would actually teach you something about physics.

I am a 16 yr old asian american, and i started to get interested in motorsports when i saw some option videos. I am a big fan of asphault rally and touge(i don't want to type mountain pass racing). note: i am also a big fan of AWD compacts

I got myself an xbox controller because i can't do smooth inputs on the keyboard.... i got XBCD 360(saw it in the forums here) and it works perfectly! I love the game, unfortunatly, i can't really buy a licence since i got a controller instead with the money

Looking forward for my stay here!
Quote from atlantian :Hi everyone, i am new here, and new to simulators. i have played some driving games but apperently this is the most physically realistic game out there (exept for the barrier physics and damage model). I heard of this game in driftcentral when disscussing simulators that would actually teach you something about physics.

I am a 16 yr old asian american, and i started to get interested in motorsports when i saw some option videos. I am a big fan of asphault rally and touge(i don't want to type mountain pass racing). note: i am also a big fan of AWD compacts

I got myself an xbox controller because i can't do smooth inputs on the keyboard.... i got XBCD 360(saw it in the forums here) and it works perfectly! I love the game, unfortunatly, i can't really buy a licence since i got a controller instead with the money

Looking forward for my stay here!

Welcome to the track , enjoy the game and try buy s2 license
________
Chrysler falcon history

New players say hi here
(3706 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG