The online racing simulator
Does anyone have any ideas who the best flight deals can be booked with? I need to fly from London (I live 5 miles from Heathrow, so thats my preference) to Vienna. I don't have much experience with finding cheap flights, and I thought there might be people here who have.

Cheapest so far I've found is either £171 (inc Taxes) on Opodo, but I'd like to get it down a bit from that.

No-one happens to work for an airline do they?
Tristan you should have booked your flight eariler to get it cheaper :P
#29 - Smax
Ryanair which does mean you'll have to go from Stanstead

OUT
Reg fare Adult Reg Fare24.99 GBP

Fri, 03 Feb 06
Flight FR2314 06:25 DepartLondon Stansted (STN)09:35ArriveBratislava Vienna (BTS)
Reg fare
BACK
Adult Reg Fare19.99 GBP Mon, 06 Feb 06
Flight FR2315 10:00 DepartBratislava Vienna (BTS)11:15ArriveLondon Stansted (STN) http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/ for alternatives

We're off to Berlin with them for about the same price.
Depends how easy it is for your to get to Stanstead and how far out Bratislava is at the other end, as to whether this will make a real difference.
well, vienna is in austria, while bratislava isnt....
#31 - Smax
D'oh....just realised it means that Bratislava has an airport called "vienna" :doh:

I read it as being the other way around, I did initially think it a bit strange since I know Bratislava isn't in Austria...
It's about 60 km from Bratislava to Vienna, so I guess that the airport is right between the two cities.
scarsely dressed booth babes yeah. They gotta wear clothes now
Not in Vienna (afaik)
damn...
would be rellay coOL to go to vienna.
if the weather isn't fine enough i cancel the trip to my grandparents to germany and i'll visit THIS event in vienna...
would be really great!

i always whine to vykos "why not setting up a LFS show in austria". and now, where there is an event I'm not able to visit

if you need some translations or any german flyers, let me know!
and if you need something else, let me also know, maybe i can help you out...
Victors postcards turned up today, and now my housemates think I'm weird(er) with 1000 LFS cards.

Hotel is booked, flights are being arranged, and all is good. Thanks for the offers of help, but right now I think all is in hand.
great, so, may the show begin
are u going to take some photos or even videos?

or can someone do that? would be coOL!
Dressed booth babes?!? booh!!
Pleased it's all working out, Tristan

When you next mail the cyberseat guys, please can you tell them the LFS link on this page is broken :

http://www.cyberseat.co.uk/gameInterface.htm

And... while i remember : you know how to map /restart to a wheel button, don't you? Using a CTRL+F9-F12 key... just in case the cyberseat guys don't know that yet - it will save having to ask someone to press SHIFT+R every time.

EDIT - they need patch Q for that, of course...
I shall do so - I have an email to send to them later tonight.

Yeah, I did know about the ctrl+F9-F12 thingy, but I've never used it (in fact, I forgot about it for weeks after you told us). I'll have a fiddle with it so I understand it before I go (don't want to look like a n00b). And I shall stick patch Q on a USB drive, cos I think you put P12 on their system. I doubt it's been updated.
Speaking of Cyberseat, they still haven't fixed the LFS site link on that page Scawen linked :doh: I told Fordman and he said they'd fix it. But thats been months.
haha i still go for the keyboard sometimes but then i remember i dont need to anymore.
Eh Tristan, ready to meet the TONGUE? MUHARHARHARHARHAR...
Quote from Vykos69 :Eh Tristan, ready to meet the TONGUE? MUHARHARHARHARHAR...

Heh, he already met and survived "the nose".
Quote from Vykos69 :Eh Tristan, ready to meet the TONGUE? MUHARHARHARHARHAR...

hmm, are you ready to meet the hacksaw?
Oh my... How many people WILL BE there? I think they need another booth just for all the regular LFS-players...
Quote from three_jump :hmm, are you ready to meet the hacksaw?

Are YOU ready to meet the... uhm... Flo ?
i won't be there....

btw: did tristan send you your pullover back?
All sorted now I think. Flights and hotel sorted. Hugh has asked me to fix the website, and also add a bit more about LFS, which I can do I think by viewing the source of a page, editing it and sending it back to Hugh via email. But if someone who isn't a website noob wants to do that, then feel free.

I have Florians t-shirt, and I'll be bringing it over with me, so I can return it. I washed it too

Looking forward to meeting everyone, and yes, I think I am ready for the tongue. After Bob's nose, my hacksaw and 3J's sarcasm I think I can cope with any of you

Quote from Hugh Meares :Could you get in touch with Victor or Scawen. We need to be able to offer some prizes and these could be some full licence copies of LFS.

Also, could you be in contact with Scawen and get the Live for Speed patch from him which he did for us (I have never installed and tested it). The idea is that we can configure a button to execute a set of commands read in from a config file. The immediate use for this patch is that we can do an immediate restart for the next passenger. Other uses might include changing car or track. Could you get the patch, find out how it works and bring it with you?

All the best

Hugh

I'll leave the option about LFS Licences as prizes upto you. And I assume he means patch Q, so thats already on my USB drive, but if he is referring to something else, that perhaps Scawen spoke to him about, then I'm all ears. I'd have thought Q would be fine though.

I think Florian is doing something with CD's, so how are these going (out of interest)?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG