The online racing simulator
road cars HP
(171 posts, started )
road cars HP
hello..

I dont want to start on saying how much I love this game because I wont finish..

The only thing I have in mind about it is the power of the road cars. I think theyre too week comparing to real cars these days.
They would be fine 5 years ago. but now?
they should all increase 50 - 100 more horsepower.

examples:

XR GT Turbo = 245HP ==> 320 HP
XF GTI = 115HP ==> 160 HP
RB4 GT = 241 HP ==> 310 HP

Road cars need to be updated comparing to real cars..

Any comments..

thanx for such a fantastic game... and patch Y is AWSOME
Quote from anasmak11 :Road cars need to be updated comparing to real cars..

Why's that?
(if you don't mind me asking)
because they're too week.. A normal sports car nowadays is like 300 HP..
#4 - Jakg
160 HP out of a 1,300 CC Engine?!
It can be made to a 1,600cc or 1,800cc maybe

I mean comeon... 1.3 liter?? thats like the worst Suzuki or Daihatsu available... 1.6 or 1.8 is more average.. like a VW Polo or Golf
Quote from anasmak11 :hello..

I dont want to start on saying how much I love this game because I wont finish..

The only thing I have in mind about it is the power of the road cars. I think theyre too week comparing to real cars these days.

examples:

Any comments..

thanx for such a fantastic game... and patch Y is AWSOME

Whel i think if that happends they wil be abit to powerful casu in real time 2007 impreza STI(RB4 like car) gets 287 hp fron its engine and thats on shel v power

An XRT with around 300 bhp would to much like purpose bluild drift car
i think around 280 would be okay

and XFG shoudl be okay if the engine compasaty is enlarged

whel and the swift is also a 1.6 now days my dad owns one stil siting with dilema of no modern driving game like forza2 gives me the modern swift
They're not really too weak are they?

Theres plenty of cars with similar BHP

Just because manufacturers are offering bigger, more powerful engines, doesn't mean every single car has one.
Quote from JO53PHS :They're not really too weak are they?

Theres plenty of cars with similar BHP

Just because manufacturers are offering bigger, more powerful engines, doesn't mean every single car has one.

Treu but stil like the ideea if just bit more oomf
#9 - ajp71
They are mostly based off somewhat older cars, less powerful, lighter, easily as quick round a track and far more fun than modern cars. If you want overweight modern cars with a bit more power be my guest, I'll go for the current option
Anasmak, there needs to be a class of cars with the current power level of the TBOs and demo cars. The LRFs have the contemporary power level you're thinking of. Changing the cars as you've suggested would break the 80/90s design they emulate.. They'd have to have different tires etc, it just wouldn't be as fun to race them.

What we do need are cars at the LRF tier that are easy to drive. All three LRF are a bit quirky for anyone else than purists and experienced players.
Quote :
What we do need are cars at the LRF tier that are easy to drive. All three LRF are a bit quirky for anyone else than purists and experienced players.

They're nice cars to drive, what I think we need is a RWD naturally aspirated car that can compete with the TBOs.
A very big NO for adding steroids to the present road cars. Add new cars.

An american muscle car with a roaring V8, if you please. The only car class we don't have in LFS. Heaven in a straight line but hell in the corners
Would make the drag strip usefull too.
Also, more HP doesn't mean more acceleration and speed.

Because with the added power, you'd also need to add weight, and lots of it, and all the fancy electronic stuff that also draws power from the engine. In the best case, these things would equal out the added power, in the worst case, the cars would become more sluggish.
good idea, because RB4 with 300hp is like evo or impreza, and xrt is (almost) perfect car for drifting (and racing too! but faster )
maybe just little modification in TBO class? 2.0 (and 1.9) engines with turbo can have ~300HP so..
but imo devs never change it - - why? i don't know
Search for: Top Gear : Generation game

And see whether new cars are actually faster than their older versions...

Or watch this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpGwyhjL-lI

Why do people want to change the old cars? Why not have new ones instead?
Quote from anasmak11 :because they're too week.. A normal sports car nowadays is like 300 HP..

Firstly, WTF is a "normal sportscar"!?

Secondly, there's no min / max BHP for car manufacturers, least of all "normalising" with the competition.

Thirdly, most of the street cars are based on 80s models, that's far from "nowadays".

Damn!

Regards,

Ian
I think that the cars we have now should have a 'facelift' to make them look a bit more modern

/me wants a Mercedes E63 AMG
Quote from JO53PHS :I think that the cars we have now should have a 'facelift' to make them look a bit more modern

I agree - but for S3 .

Esp. XR and XF.
Quote from anasmak11 :It can be made to a 1,600cc or 1,800cc maybe

I mean comeon... 1.3 liter?? thats like the worst Suzuki or Daihatsu available... 1.6 or 1.8 is more average.. like a VW Polo or Golf

yes, but a VW Golf 1.6 is 60hp
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
Quote from JO53PHS :I think that the cars we have now should have a 'facelift' to make them look a bit more modern

/me wants a Mercedes E63 AMG

Nah, IMHO the cars in LFS resemble the last era of good looking cars. I really despise the whole pedestrian safety chubbyness. Well, I despise the looks, not the safety
Quote from ussbeethoven :[...]1994s Fiat Punto GT (965kg) got an 1372ccm with 100kW/136hp.

Punto GT: 1.3 L turbocharged
XF GTI: 1.3 L N/A

Why!? I've never understood this fascination with people. The existing cars are designed to be as they were in their day. If you want a different style, then we need extra cars, not bastardisations of the current, classic-styled models.

And tbh, modern == bollox on the design front. The cars the LFS models are roughly based on have character to them, as do many of the older pre-90s designs. Today, cars look too similar and far too ugly to get excited over (bubbles on wheels really don't do it for me).. and yes, this includes most supercars (the one that instantly springs to mind is the Ferrari Enzo.. WTF was their designer thinking!? ).

Regards,

Ian
Quote from anasmak11 :The only thing I have in mind about it is the power of the road cars. I think theyre too week comparing to real cars these days.

examples:

You've got a point, except those cars you gave as examples have realistic power ratings for their engine configurations.

There are quite a few cars in LFS which are blatant analogies with real-life cars, even though it's not officially stated:
UF series = Minis
LX series = Caterhams
RB4 GT = Toyota Celica GT4 (ST205) in a Supra-like skin
Formula XR = Formula Renault 2000
Formula V8 = 1999-2004 era Formula 3000
Quote from samjh :You've got a point, except those cars you gave as examples have realistic power ratings for their engine configurations.

There are quite a few cars in LFS which are blatant analogies with real-life cars, even though it's not officially stated:
UF series = Minis
LX series = Caterhams
RB4 GT = Toyota Celica GT4 (ST205) in a Supra-like skin
Formula XR = Formula Renault 2000
Formula V8 = 1999-2004 era Formula 3000

Yeah and FBM, BF1, MRT5 and RAC. Allmost every car
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
Quote from 1303s_vortech :Punto GT: 1.3 L turbocharged
XF GTI: 1.3 L N/A

Peugeot 106 Rallye S1, 1995-1997, 1.3l NA 100bhp.
Corking little car

XFG is 16v, so slightly more power to be expected.

road cars HP
(171 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG