The online racing simulator
LX Skins (All)
(539 posts, started )
Dr Gonzo and others do their own work (cept bodykits). Like keisu for example...
Quote from Tweaker :Yes, and just about every other thing these "Design" Dudes can churn out is NOT their design work. Just fancy layering of images. Personally I am surprised he is getting votes for 'best skinner' :rolleyes: Sigh.

Hey my work is about 99% my own!(1% is from the bodykits and decals.)Ok the MSports FZ5 i made was from a request for a friend.Not ALL of it is my work.Their I said it!But like i said,I made some decent skins on the downlow that no one knew about.Yes I'm a design dudes member myself.If you would like,i can give you some of my selfmade skins.Sorry for the o/t.

Anyway,nice skin Teaz!God damn that is nice!
Quote from beefyman666 :Vector packs versus own shape/line making... teaz-R wins hands down.

Sorry C40Z, I like your skins very much but it's very obvious a lot of it is from vector packs. Prove me wrong but I'm going from what I can see and not what I know.

What do you have against the usage of vector brushes? It looks great how Caoz uses them. The results looks great. I wish I would be that adept with the usage of PS brushes. Teaz-R's skins also look great, but they are meant to be racing skins. Caoz is making difficult designs with using public brushes. On drift skins like these they just match. His composings are still a product of his brain. If you know a better way to get a fancy result like this without using brushes, with not more time than putting 5 hours in one skin than tell us. The result counts.

@Teaz-R: Puristic like an LX4. Simple but nice to look at.
Quote from Anathema :What do you have against the usage of vector brushes? It looks great how Caoz uses them. The results looks great. I wish I would be that adept with the usage of PS brushes. Teaz-R's skins also look great, but they are meant to be racing skins. Caoz is making difficult designs with using public brushes. On drift skins like these they just match. His composings are still a product of his brain. If you know a better way to get a fancy result like this without using brushes, with not more time than putting 5 hours in one skin than tell us. The result counts.

@Teaz-R: Puristic like an LX4. Simple but nice to look at.

Nothing really against them, just prefer the 'proper' way so to speak. I have them myself, just don't use them on skins.

Some of my skins have taken over 5 hours but now I can usually knock them out in a few hours, depending on the design etc.

Like I said, I still think his skins are very good, but you can't beat making lines/shapes yourself.

Don't want this to turn into an argument, it's just a matter of personal opinion and taste. Each to their own, you know.
Hi all!
Just before the end of 2007,
I give the fourth skin to you.

This time, the idea came from one of the HK's organizations
~The Hong Kong Jockey Club~

Why choose it?
It is because in eve of Christmas (24/12)
one of my friend held his wedding at the ballroom of Shatin Racecourse,
at that night, I saw the logo of The Hong Kong Jockey Club
and thought "why not make it to the skin"
so the LX6 come out.......

If you see any mistake/ error on the skin, please reply and tell me.
Thanks!
the same, it is free for use and edit. see you next year~~~~~~

RE: the idea of the location of number on rear wheel is came from teaz-R last LX_4 skin, hope you don't mind this.........

download:
http://i274.photobucket.com/al ... eung/LX6_JockeyClub08.jpg
Has anyone made an LX skin with the front radiator as a "mouth" ie like they used to paint P40 WW2 planes intakes to look like a mouth..

example
Quote from senn :Has anyone made an LX skin with the front radiator as a "mouth" ie like they used to paint P40 WW2 planes intakes to look like a mouth..

You inspired me
It's not as good as the one for the RAC, but I can't improve it any more.

I'm keeping the skin as personal, but I'll tidy up the mouth part and post it up.
Attached images
Render.jpg
Quote from Bean0 :You inspired me
It's not as good as the one for the RAC, but I can't improve it any more.

I'm keeping the skin as personal, but I'll tidy up the mouth part and post it up.

Awesome Ben0!!!
Quote from aoun :Awesome Bean0!!!

Cheers mate

Mouth as promised...
(Should fit LX4 - untested)
Attached images
LXMouth.png
Quote from mjh93sa :My first post, and my first attempt at a skin.

BMW Ring Taxi version of the LX6.

I really like this one.
My first comment about a skin
Quote from Bean0 :Cheers mate

Mouth as promised...
(Should fit LX4 - untested)

That's awesome! I had wondered why no one else had thought of this, but i'm too unskilled to skin properly. Nice work, just what i was thinking of
Very nice job, I love the details and lines on the Injext skin, and the BP theme looks pretty cool too!
Heavy stretching on the sides though? Fix that and those will be much better.
Quote from Sm0k3 :Nice skin The Best Chocolate in the world

+1

Awesome chocolate indeed
And a nice looking skin
As expected from you, Teemu.

(Meneks se LX nyt nopeammin, Fazerin skinnillä? Täytyis mennää )
hey, i was just wondering if anyone knew what car the LX6 resembles in real life, i got GT4 today and saw it on the startup preview, and ive been looking for it ever since, so if anyone knows the maker, and the country its from, that would be awesome.
Thanks Michael
that should be a "caterham" (british company). if you google for it you'll find lots of results
Or a Lotus 7
The Lotus 7 is the original. I think Caterham bought the rights to build it from Lotus, but I'm not sure.
The Brunton Stalker is pretty close to the LX6, it's American and has a V6 under the hood, still based on the Lotus 7's though.

I made a Castrol skin for the LX4 while i've had no internet.

2048 and 1024 sizes, remove 1024 before use.

Skin name will have to be changed to Castrolblobs for it to show up and not overwrite the other Castrol skin.
Attached images
Castrol LX4.jpg
LX4_Castrol.jpg
LX4_Castrol 1024.jpg
that looks brilliant!
thats awesome!

LX Skins (All)
(539 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG