The online racing simulator
Any Teams Recruiting ?
(25 posts, started )
Any Teams Recruiting ?
Hello folks,

Im getting more into lfs and now i think its time to get myself a team. Im not the Fastest Racer around but im not the slowest but im rather decent with constant top 5 places in the races i enter ( more then enough for any team.... )

If you have a decent team , leave a message here or pm me.... don't try to re-direct me to your " team site " where i waste 20s min's pming you and wait a week for a response..

regards,

theirishnoob
Yesh...Haha COme on speak up!!lol but yea maybe if you prove yourself!?
promotech needs everyone it would be like the bigest team ever to have been created.
Quote from theirishnoob :
don't try to re-direct me to your " team site " where i waste 20s min's pming you and wait a week for a response..

Quote from theirishnoob :( more then enough for any team.... )

don't try to re-direct me to your " team site " where i waste 20s min's pming you and wait a week for a response..

It´ll be hard to get into any team with that kind of attitude. Even Promotech.
Yes, by looking at the teams general forums, and setting up sometime to race with them there is no real way to make sure you fit with the team. Storm Racing is based mostly on attitude, clean racing and friendliness / helpfulness. It doesn't matter if you are super fast. So thats SR in 10 seconds. Please expect to spend more time looking around to make sure you fit in with the racers already on the team, (for whichever team you choose to pursue).
I think that at least one month trial for unknown driver should be minimum, unless u are friend of teammembers for a long time or u are as they call well-known-superb-driver, u do need some patience. being in a team is not just wearing a tag, so good luck finding a team.
wearing a tag u represent your team, have responsibilities and obligations also...
Quote from zeugnimod :Not really.

Look at his post history and you know why.

and yeh...200 wr's required
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
Quote from theirishnoob :Back due to the expectation of patch Y

That right there is enough to say why would someone want you on their team - you left, and came back because of a new patch?. I thought these guys were just flaming you and all but they are particularly right in a lot of cases... Mainly the attitude of don't send me anything I should just be accepted as is - honestly Storm Racing would have done this until you posted a quote of yourself saying don't redirect me ... alls you really had to do is go on and start talking on the forums and show general interest in the team.
To answer the opening post's question. Yes, there are many teams recruiting at this time. Should you wish to find them, why not try reading the Team's subsection of the LFS Forums.

As a team owner myself, there are several points which you typed which turn me off, away from yourself as a potential applicant. The largest one is you not wishing to have replies with people redirecting you to their team website, which - in whatever condition it is in, - is something which those teams and their members have worked long and hard on creating to provide people, like yourself, with a nice place to visit, and to keep in contact with team members and the general public.

Best of luck to you in your team search.
generally , i dont need to go to a team site , where i find out its 4 members , of which 3 are un active , if you have a decent team , fine , if you wish to waste my time look else where because anyone can see that theres new teams made every day and come here recruiting then shut down after a week... thats not what i want and thats it seems thats all im being offered.

What a pitty theres still such a lack of respect on this forum , the least you guys can do is not post and keep your opinions to yourself , granted that i do ave the occasional outburst but theres always a good reason behind it. I think it will be best that i just wait till a good patch or version this game comes out then ill return.
Quote from theirishnoob :I think it will be best that i just wait till a good patch or version this game comes out then ill return.

Goodbye. Don't let the door... etc.
Well when LizardFolk posted about our team it is pretty active, we have 8-12 members or so and of those we are all around and doing events, including the team is running events. I don't really know what else to say about you not wanting to visit a teams site, how else do you get to know whether the team is active or inactive.

About some of the things said in my last post, sorry some things were kinda harsh, but I want to point out that if you leave and come back for the next "good" patch then thats exactly how teams die. Their members get bored of the current "new" patch and leave, then when patch Z comes out they rejoin another team for a bit and end up leaving when they get bored of that. I don't feel any of my teammates are like that and just a look around our site/forums will show there are a lot of active people.

I am not trying to flame you or and of that crap, I am just discussing the how the teams that offered you a position are feeling about your previous actions and attitude. I am curious though as to how you would choose a team without going to their site/forum and meeting them? How else can you know if the team meets your own expectations? I mean, there must be something you expect from being on a team - other then "Whoo! I get a badge in front of my name!" Sure I guess thats a benefit but wouldn't you rather know what combos the team likes to run - to make sure its a good variety, or your favorite combos or something that fits your wants and needs?
Quote from theirishnoob :generally , i dont need to go to a team site , where i find out its 4 members , of which 3 are un active , if you have a decent team , fine , if you wish to waste my time look else where because anyone can see that theres new teams made every day and come here recruiting then shut down after a week... thats not what i want and thats it seems thats all im being offered.

What a pitty theres still such a lack of respect on this forum , the least you guys can do is not post and keep your opinions to yourself , granted that i do ave the occasional outburst but theres always a good reason behind it. I think it will be best that i just wait till a good patch or version this game comes out then ill return.

Ironic, you complain that you are not getting respect while you're not giving respect yourself. TcD and SR are far from "teams where there are 4 members, 3 of which are inactive" and to be fair to TcD, it is one of the new teams that is the most popular and it wont be likely that it'll "shut down" after a week.

I fail to see how Storm Racing also falls into that category. As Blackbird has stated we have 8-12 members all of which are active in LFS and a majority are active on the official forum. All of them are in leagues and events and Storm Racing also host their own event. Sure, we are not the top team, but if you're looking for that I suggest next time you specify next time. A "decent" team is very vague.

To be honest, the POINT of directing to the main site is for you to talk to the team. What better place to chat with the team about what you're looking for than the team's home forum. Sure many new teams are inactive. But SR, and TcD are pretty far from being inactive dying teams.

Also, if you're back and suddenly leave because of being "bored" of the patch, how do you expect a "decent" team to recruit you? The point of being in a team is to further your driving skills on the long run and interact with other people with similar interest: racing. If you just want to join a team for the "novelty effect", then I suggest you reevaluate your situation.

Finally, if you think we (or the majority of the posters here) are flaming at you, then you have no idea what flaming is. Some here are just mildly irritated at your strange response.
Quote from theirishnoob :generally , i dont need to go to a team site , where i find out its 4 members , of which 3 are un active , if you have a decent team , fine , if you wish to waste my time look else where because anyone can see that theres new teams made every day and come here recruiting then shut down after a week...

Thats a fairly long sentence, ive quoted it entirely as so not to be accused of miss-quoting.

Generally, you will find that a team which has a "real" domain/website wont be one of these so-called "forum teams" which are set-up on Monday and disbanded on Wednesday.

Generally, if you are in a team, or to be accepted to a team, then they will wish you to visit their team website, that point, is in most cases, a deal breaker.

Personally, I don't wish to waste your time at all, it frankly doesn't seem worth it to bother with you. You seem to be very stuck into what you are looking for with no wiggle room whatsoever.

Quote from theirishnoob :thats not what i want and thats it seems thats all im being offered.

Of the two offers which you were very lucky to have had posted with such a "high and mightly" opening post, both websites are worth a visit. Both have many active members and both would not comply with the quoted above.

Quote from theirishnoob : What a pitty theres still such a lack of respect on this forum , the least you guys can do is not post and keep your opinions to yourself , granted that i do ave the occasional outburst but theres always a good reason behind it. I think it will be best that i just wait till a good patch or version this game comes out then ill return.

Lack of respect.. from yourself you mean, yes, that is sad, however, expected these days.

The least "us guys" can do is not post and keep your opinions to yourself.. Take a little look at where you are. You are posting on a forum. A forum is a place for discussion. Get used to seeing people's opinions.

It has nothing to do with lack of respect. If you do not wish your time to be "wasted", then please, don't waste others.

As for awaiting a "good patch".. Well that together with not having your time wasted, I believe would put your potential chances of getting a place with any team posting here, down low. Very low.

Finally, nah, not worth it.

Goodnight.
well... you fit very well at BUTT Hole Drifters
Quote from chanoman315 :well... you fit very well at BUTT Hole Drifters

ROFLMAO ahahahahaha.

Sorry that was just too funny.

=/ No offence.

But yeah some pretty good teams are offering you to try to join them and you thank them by calling them teams that arent important realy and they will probably die soon. Very nice.

Maybe you were aiming for teams such as 1st or Core?
Quote from evilpimp :ROFLMAO ahahahahaha.

Sorry that was just too funny.

=/ No offence.

But yeah some pretty good teams are offering you to try to join them and you thank them by calling them teams that arent important realy and they will probably die soon. Very nice.

He has high hopes...Maybe butt hole drifters is PERFECT!
good luck for ur waiting for new patch...then u will be accepted in best lfs teams for sure...
Quote from evilpimp :

..NOOOT
Ok some of you guys are starting to flame him again, with the whole "BUTT" comments... IrishNoob please take a look at my previous post as I am very interested in what your thoughts on getting into a team was to begin with if you couldn't visit the offered forums/sites. Also on another point of interest as some did bring up another point; if you were looking for the "top" teams then you would have heard about that team, why would it be necessary to post "Any Teams Recruiting?" if you were looking for a team with a reputation for being a top / active team? (This is a general statement and is not directed at anyone - including you IrishNoob).
Quote from blackbird04217 :Ok some of you guys are starting to flame him again, with the whole "BUTT" comments... IrishNoob please take a look at my previous post as I am very interested in what your thoughts on getting into a team was to begin with if you couldn't visit the offered forums/sites. Also on another point of interest as some did bring up another point; if you were looking for the "top" teams then you would have heard about that team, why would it be necessary to post "Any Teams Recruiting?" if you were looking for a team with a reputation for being a top / active team? (This is a general statement and is not directed at anyone - including you IrishNoob).

There is absolutely no flaming going on. What's going on is mild irritation not flaming. The "BUTT" comment was just poking fun (which apparently happens a lot on LFSForum). Nothing too serious I suppose. It's like the people saying "I can only turn left" XD
Meh, I guess this is opinions about "flaming" but I wouldn't feel very happy about that comment... I *guess* its just poking fun but when your the loner and you'd read a comment like that over and over, I wouldn't consider that just poking fun... Maybe if it wasn't so rude/mean I suppose, and "you can only turn left" is a little different because its aimed at a style... idk, I just felt the first "BUTT hole" comment made was considered flaming because they had nothing useful to say, IMO thats flaming (or at least posting just to post and not actually contribute something).

That is besides the point though, as I am really interested in hearing IrishNoob's points of view on the questions I have asked in my previous post about how else one would expect to join a team and be able to know that the team is what he would want to be apart of and the other questions above. So I hope he does read the other 2 posts of mine and gives me a good response...

Any Teams Recruiting ?
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG