The online racing simulator
Help Needed: new LFS purchase
(5 posts, started )
I am an S2 owner, and I bought another S2 license for my brother, for Christmas. I received an email from "BMT Micro Orders" with a "registration key" which I forwarded to my brother (he lives some distance away). How is he to use this key, to unlock LFS?

I don't recall exactly how I went about purchasing my own license, but it eventually amounted to entering a user name and password for "unlocking" LFS. However, my brother has no user name and password; only the emailed "registration key." So, how can he unlock LFS, using that code?

Thanks for any help. I am very much looking forward to my brother's enjoyment of LFS, as I have enjoyed it, and I would like to be sure that I have received a functioning license for him, in exchange for the charge placed on my credit card. So, if someone knowledgeable, will explain how to unlock his copy of LFS, I would be grateful for that.

David
There are no codes involved, you just put in your screen name and password that you bought LFS with.

I have no idea what BMT Micro Orders is, sounds like spam mail to me, and just was coincidental that it sounded like LFS with a "registration key"

If your brother is to unlock LFS too, he must go through the same process and has to use your screen name.
Which, in case you do not know, only one of you can be playing at a time, EXCEPT in case of playing on a LAN.

Just looked through BMT's website and it doesn't look good whatever it is.
#3 - Jakg
Where did you buy it from?

Did you order it as a voucher for another account, or were you signed in to his account at the time?
#4 - troy
let him create a new user on www.lfs.net then he can go to his "license status" and enter the key there

edit: god im so slow

edit2: a short research and i found the localized US salepoint linked on lfs.net http://www.feelthere.com/2005/lfs.html and they sell it via bmtmicro so no problem at all. let him do what i told in the first sentence of my post
Thanks, Troy. It worked as you described, and my brother is now S2 licensed (the registration key, as a proof-of-purchase, was entered after registering as a new user, rather than making a purchase after registering as a new user, which was how I did it).

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG