The online racing simulator
New Car in LFS (well, sort of!)
(41 posts, started )
#1 - J@tko
New Car in LFS (well, sort of!)
After extensive testing, (well, this evening ) myself and JO53PHS have created the XF-Baby-R as a competitor to the UF-Baby-R. The XF-Baby-R is simply the XFR with 43% restriction. Putting the two cars together makes for some exciting racing, as the XF-Baby-R is faster in a straight line, but the UF-Baby-R is faster in the corners. The two cars will debut together in Round 3 of the LFS Beginner's Cup, around the South City Chicane Course Reversed. Attached is a base setup for the XF-Baby-R. Enjoy!
Attached files
XFR_XF-Baby-R.set - 132 B - 1149 views
Aren't those cars supposed to be balanced already?

Anyone got a set where all the GTR cars are equal (the three faster cars are slowed down)?
Dunno... but we re-balanced them.
No, at the moment, the XFR is way faster than the UFR...Just like the UF1 and XFG aren't balanced...
#5 - J@tko
No - the babies are now balanced.
What about an FZ Daddy R and an FX Daddy R
Quote from J@tko :No - the babies are now balanced.

No, I meant the un-restricted XFR and the UFR

Quote from JO53PHS :What about an FZ Daddy R and an FX Daddy R

But they would just complain about there backs for the length of a race...
#8 - J@tko
Quote from dougie-lampkin :No, I meant the un-restricted XFR and the UFR

They are balanced. Just like Jatko said about Baby-r. UFR is faster on tighter tracks, slower on straighter ones...
Quote from J@tko :After extensive testing, (well, this evening ) myself and JO53PHS have created the XF-Baby-R as a competitor to the UF-Baby-R. The XF-Baby-R is simply the XFR with 43% restriction. Putting the two cars together makes for some exciting racing, as the XF-Baby-R is faster in a straight line, but the UF-Baby-R is faster in the corners. The two cars will debut together in Round 3 of the LFS Beginner's Cup, around the South City Chicane Course Reversed. Attached is a base setup for the XF-Baby-R. Enjoy!

great set guys i wish to see this car in CTRA UF-BR
Quote from [RF]-art555 :They are balanced. Just like Jatko said about Baby-r. UFR is faster on tighter tracks, slower on straighter ones...

Yes, when racing a 43% restricted XFR...
Concept Racing owns the 'Baby-R' name.

We will however allow you to call it Junior-R ,Toddler-R, Infant-R, Litllebubbakins-R or Cutesywootsy-R
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Yes, when racing a 43% restricted XFR...

But also when they are unrestricted. They are both balanced XFR and UFR. As was mentioned earlier.

Thats what cruising gets you :rolleyes:
Quote from The Moose :Concept Racing owns the 'Baby-R' name.

...and only allowed UKCT to use it for the CTRA-Servers... just to complete your statement moose

But I thought the UFOC would own the name 'Baby-R', which is now owned by concept racing. Otherwise it would have been a property of ZWR!
Quote from TFalke55 :...and only allowed UKCT to use it for the CTRA-Servers... just to complete your statement moose

But I thought the UFOC would own the name 'Baby-R', which is now owned by concept racing. Otherwise it would have been a property of ZWR!

Afaik the name UFOC is owned by ZWR still and 'Baby-R' is Concept Racing's. Though that is still all to be sorted out.
Quote from niall09 :But also when they are unrestricted. They are both balanced XFR and UFR. As was mentioned earlier.

Then why was 43% restriction added to the XFR to balance them?
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Then why was 43% restriction added to the XFR to balance them?

Ok, you obviously don't get this.

The UF Baby-R is a UFR with 45% restriction.
J@tko wanted to see if the XFR could be restricted to make it as much fun.
They ended up saying that 43% restriction for the XFR was equally balanced than the 45% restricted UFR.

Get it?
Quote from niall09 :Ok, you obviously don't get this.

The UF Baby-R is a UFR with 45% restriction.
J@tko wanted to see if the XFR could be restricted to make it as much fun.
They ended up saying that 43% restriction for the XFR was equally balanced than the 45% restricted UFR.

Get it?

Ah yes

lol I didn't see Baby UF, I thought it was the stock one :banghead:
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Ah yes

lol I didn't see Baby UF, I thought it was the stock one :banghead:

Sorry, I didn't mean to be so in your face about it Should have added a smiley
To sort out any copyright issues (:razz, if CR/ZWR have an issue with me calling it the XF-Baby-R then stuff you, (I mean I'll change it!)

To tell you the truth, the balancing isn't quite perfect. What I'd ideally want is a 43.5% restriction, but that's not possible.
Quote from JO53PHS : we re-balanced them.

Quote from J@tko : the babies are now balanced.

Quote from J@tko :to tell you the truth, the balancing isn't quite perfect.

Im not sure Im a fan of restricting it just seems to throw a bunch of yellows.

SD.
Quote from J@tko :To tell you the truth, the balancing isn't quite perfect. What I'd ideally want is a 43.5% restriction, but that's not possible.

Quote from J@tko on the LFS Beginner's Cup Test Server :Perfect!

You were lying

Or did you think further about it after we had done the testing
Quote from JO53PHS :You were lying

Or did you think further about it after we had done the testing

I thought about it a bit later. The XF-Baby-R is a bit too quick in the straights, but the lap times balance out. If you have an XF-Baby-R and can block well in the corners then it's impossible for a UF-BR to overtake.
Quote from J@tko :I thought about it a bit later. The XF-Baby-R is a bit too quick in the straights, but the lap times balance out. If you have an XF-Baby-R and can block well in the corners then it's impossible for a UF-BR to overtake.

Are you gonna stay with 43% or go up to 44%*

*changing to 44% might cause more confusion
#25 - Dru
Quote from J@tko :To sort out any copyright issues (:razz, if CR/ZWR have an issue with me calling it the XF-Baby-R then stuff you, (I mean I'll change it!)

To tell you the truth, the balancing isn't quite perfect. What I'd ideally want is a 43.5% restriction, but that's not possible.

Hey there,

As the person who came up with the UF Baby-R car (and part of the group that came up with the name and Fall-Out league) there is obviously no reason why you can not use the name UF Baby-R.

It is the name we gave to the new class of car, however I would suggest/advise that you called the XF restricted car something else.

The reason why should be obvious:

You will get people confused talking about different 'Baby' car's, which run with different restrictions.

Example, GT2 cars are not called GT Baby-R's they are called GT2.

Also you are/will be using it for your own league then maybe it is reward for you taking the time to properly balance them etc etc

You could call it in reality anything, but I personally wold prefer if you did not use the Baby-R name for the other FWD cars.

How about XF-Cadet or something like that, an idea thought is much more rewarding to see used that just using a name that someone else has already taken the time to think up

Cheers and Regards,

Dru.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG