Home Made Controlls
(14 posts, started )

Poll : Good Bad Ugly??

Good
Ugly
Bad
Home Made Controlls
MY FIRST ATTEMPT AT MY OWN WHEEL & PEDALS

Logitech Formula Force board using 100K ohm pots.

My goal was to have a higher effort sturdy feel.

The centering is firm and very progressive (454 valve spring)
it can be adjusted any time by just turning it by hand (mounted on a screw)
The motion is also hydraucally dampened (Hayabusa parts)

Its a Work in progress

What da ya think?????
Attached images
FW.jpg
PED.jpg
RW.jpg
#2 - Vain
Propably not really a beauty, but surely sturdy enough for some hard racing.
Good work there!

Vain
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Looks promising. Is it nice to race with/good feel/etc? Do you intend to add to FFB at some stage?
Personaly dont like force feedback but
Ugly is a theft detterent!

Plans are to to use the ff to controll a hydraulic valve to produce a varing resistance

the feel now is extreemely smooth with zero play or felt transitions when changing direction

Clunk free!

The base plate is what i had at the time (server rack)

Now that every thing works I will make a new piece the that will be more pleasing to the eye.
Always amazes me what some of the people with a little mechanical know-how can accomplish with stuff like that. Did I read right you're making hydraulic force feedback?

Also why not go for the clutch & h shifter since obviously you could do it? How much it cost you to make this?
Beauty is hard thing to determine. And you can't really tell how good some controls are by just looking some pictures. So send them to me and I'll give you an unbiased review. But I won't probably send them back...
feedback
The damper is hydraulic

What I intend to do is use the the electronic ff on the board to controll a solonoid valve.

The solonoid will alter the the amount of fluid that can bypass the damper.

that wont reverse rotation but it will require more effort to continue to turn.

Dont laugh but I now have a two color diode that changes depending upon which the ff would have been pushing.

As far as the shifting an clutch go
Im old and prefer mulit-tasking and try to avoid (Many-tasking) as much as possible
#8 - ajp71
Looks bad and ugly in a good way
Voted good, cos overall it is (despite being a bit ugly). But isn't that gear knob cold?
Nice curtains.

"Real men like pink but call it salmon."
pedals look ugly,, but to be honest i love the look of the wheel. (dont ask me why...)

I have to say well done for the effort. hope it works out nicely
Spirit of home made stuff is very good, even if the final design is ugly

About the pedals, no way you can do heal-toe with that !
I voted Good, as although atm they do luck ugly, the basis of a great peice of equipment is looking promising. As you have done, you get the workings going then comes the "pimping" up.

Nice work. Keeps us informed
:iagree:

Home Made Controlls
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG