The online racing simulator
LFS Patch Y Setup Renamer
(75 posts, started )
For some reason the new files are named as follows "setupsFOX_Fast SO Long.set"

Can anyone shed some light why the "setups" is added prior to the set name?
.NET 2.0 installed and working fine.
Quote from traxxion :I can think of the following two things:
1. Make sure you select the "LFS\data\settings\" for the Old settings directory (top textbox).
2. Make sure you don't change the values for New settings directory (middle textbox) and New colours directory (bottom textbox) after it's derived from the original settings path.

If that doesn't work, please give me shout so I can investigate more thorough
I´d like to know where is it this explanation about this new setting system in the LFS page????
It work pecfect Thx M8
ummm the link for the non .NET version doesnt work for me????
all i would like is my drift setups for the xrt turbo ??? i dont know and to be honest could you please tell me wot to do if i would like to rename them for example this is one of the setups (one that i cant use) XR GT TURBO_drifter.set to what???
a fast reply would be helpfull a LOT
thanks
Lee
Quote from Lee531 :could you please tell me wot to do if i would like to rename them for example this is one of the setups (one that i cant use) XR GT TURBO_drifter.set to what???
a fast reply would be helpfull a LOT
thanks
Lee

XR GT TURBO_drifter.set = XRT_drifter.set
XF GTR_as1_race.set = XFR_as1_race.set
XF GTI_bl1_qual.set = XFG_bl1_qual.set
etc.

So change from full names to three letter prefixes
Well saddly it's not working for me. I have 2.0 and everything seems to be in order. When I extract to C:/Live for Speed/data/setups it accually places them in C:/Live for Speed/data... It names them correctly but it puts the name of the folder in front of the file name. Thus XF GTI_bl1_qual.set becomes setupsXFG_bl1_qual.set... Any suggestions?
Quote from traxxion :I can think of the following two things:
1. Make sure you select the "LFS\data\settings\" for the Old settings directory (top textbox).
2. Make sure you don't change the values for New settings directory (middle textbox) and New colours directory (bottom textbox) after it's derived from the original settings path.

Does that work?
Thanks a lot for this app.
Quote from gtman :hey guys have no clue on wat to do??? it jsut says that wen i open the lfs game it goes and error and says data/skins/default_jpg or something lie that? wtf do i do?

Sorry to hear it doesn't work.. if you'd mind to repeat the above in proper English so I can actually understand what you're trying to say, I'll try my best to help you out..
Works great ! Minutes to execute , hours saved . Thought all was lost , thank-you traxxion .
Quote from traxxion :I started this before I saw Ian posted his solution (nice work Ian ), but I wanted to finish it anyway

With this application you can easily rename your current setups and color schemes to the new Patch Y standards. Just select the source folder for the settings (LFS\data\settings) and click Go!

To be safe, please make sure you create a backup of your settings folder before using this application!

.NET Framework 2.0 required
Edit: Or use splattael's solution if you don't have .NET Framework installed and can't be bothered to do so.

René

EDIT: Updated to v1.1
- Now also transfers the colour files into the right directory.

thank you very much .
Quote from traxxion :
One question so you can maybe pinpoint me to the problem if it is the app that causes it:
- Are the setups and colour files renamed to the new format? I.e. has XF GTR_BlackwoodGP.set turned into XFR_BlackwoodGP.set?.
If the latter is the case, you could also just manually move all the .set files to the \setups\ folder and the .col files to the \colours\ directory.

i got similar problem. I ran Splttael's prog - it renamed old files (now in "setups" folder) into new format, the new ones (in separate folder) into old format... brilliantly... but LFS now sees the new ones only (though they have old format like FO8_Race_S.set :shrug

any ideas?
Quote from AndRand :i got similar problem. I ran Splttael's prog - it renamed old files (now in "setups" folder) into new format, the new ones (in separate folder) into old format... brilliantly... but LFS now sees the new ones only

Hmm, I don't really understand what's wrong here? It renames fine and it locates the files into the right directory, but LFS doesn't see it?

Quote from AndRand :(though they have old format like FO8_Race_S.set :shrug

Just to be clear, that filename you mention is in the new format, not the old!
i thought it is "Formula V8_xxxx.set" now - and i got a folder Setups with such formats but LFS doesnt see them ".col"s moved to new Colours forlder work fine
Thanks 2 you and your program!
I prolly messed up renaming folders first, what I was prompted by Ian.H's prog.
thx Ian
Quote from AndRand :I prolly messed up renaming folders first, what I was prompted by Ian.H's prog.
thx Ian

Ah yeah, I guess my program wasn't designed to deal with manual interference.. apologies for the misunderstanding.
Good to see Ian was able to help you anyway
Thanks a lot!

I had like over 1000 setups that was suddenly gone, and you saved them all!
gj thanks for the app
Puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh!!!! All my setups back !!!!! THANK YOU!!
Great, thanks!!

LFS Patch Y Setup Renamer
(75 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG