The online racing simulator
Quote from h3adbang3r :Turn on auto clutch?

Indeed, with that I had not any troubles with just two pedals, can't really see what else could be his problem
Quote :
What I believe would have been better for everyone though, was to leave the auto-blip/lift options and make them standard to certain servers unless chosen by the host to disable for the more important factor of realism. This way you would balance the amount of "sequential" users to "H-patt" users through servers and choose your selection by what hardware you happen to own at the time. So you will be able to drive the sim, to its full potential.

I don't really like the idea of everybody seperating out due to the hardware they're using. Having to abide by complicated server side options everytime you go online would end up being a headache for everybody, as the more you restrict players by forcing views/hardware/realism level/you name it.. etc the less likely it will be for anyone to simply jump into a race that actually suits them. Finding a track/car combo now that you actually want to drive is already hard enough.
I just think it's really funny people complaining over something that has been thought of and already given a solution.
I have not used any aids since the day I turned off wheelspin control in Gp2 years ago... I don't believe in them, I like to learn the hard way. I'll try auto clutch tonite and see if its the same as before,thanks.
-
(JO53PHS) DELETED by JO53PHS
Quote from J. andersson :When i did buy the LFS S2 licens, i payed for a game without a clutch that can be overheted, if it was like this when i first played LFS shouldnt i buy it... SO THIS IS NOT WHAT I PAY'D FOR.
So im asking you, cant you do something, so we who wanna play the Q patch, on the internet, whit servers. And thos who wanna play the Y patch on the internet with server can do that to?

Cause i dont gonna play this game with this patch! and if so i want the money, I payed to play THE Q PATCH back...

1. General

1.1 In order to unlock Live for Speed to get all its contents, your computer needs to be connected to the internet to unlock LFS S2 (and any later version).

1.2 You need to have checked if the LFS demo will connect to our master server(*) and allow for online play on your computer and location. If not, there is a very high chance you CANNOT unlock your S2 copy!

1.3 We can not accept any responsibility for any damage Live for Speed S2 or any future release may cause to your property or personal health.

1.4 You must be aware that we can alter any aspect of LFS as we see fit. Improvements, fixes and/or changes made to the game, are to be expected.

1.5 Extreme disruptive or offensive behaviour by a user, towards the developers or members of the community, may result in temporary or permanent suspension of the user's Live for Speed license.
This is unbelivable 11 pages of ..........

I suppose I better stick my nickel in.

Forgive me but arn't the cars like BF1 and FZR etc designed to have throttle cut in real life? I seem to recall that F1 cars have a hand clutch which is not used after racing begins except when in gravel and pit etc. Most of you will know that these cars change gear in thous of seconds and do have throttle cut. So why is the BF1 etc not like this if we are to follow the concept that this patch is more realistic? For these cars and for this particular facet patch x was better.

What is the point of rev limiting? At least allowing adjustable rev limit points which is if I am to follow the theme of this thread more closely match that of real life set ups

Apart from these two points I whole heartedly support the upgrade.

Cheers

Bob
Quote from Bob Annesley :So why is the BF1 etc not like this if we are to follow the concept that this patch is more realistic?

Do you people even try the patch before coming here complaining? The BF1, FO8, FOX, XRR and FXR all have ignition cut, meaning you don't have to clutch (or lift) when shifting. You only use the clutch to launch it off the line. In the BF1 you don't even need it there.
Ofcourse they don't! They just want to whine.
Quote from March Hare :Ofcourse they don't! They just want to whine.

Couldn´t we stop to accuse of whining all the time, just because they have another opinion. It´s not nice!

Accuse people of cheating or havíng the wrong opinion, but accusing for whining is lack of words as I see it. Not a very constructive way to keep a debate.

Now it´s my turn to get a slap This forum is dangerous
Quote from spankmeyer :No it's not, just plain silly sometimes.

Well, spanky likes it here, as often it is spanking time
Quote from Humbleridderen :Couldn´t we stop to accuse of whining all the time, just because they have another opinion. It´s not nice!

Yes we could, but we won't.

Quote :Accuse people of cheating or havíng the wrong opinion, but accusing for whining is lack of words as I see it. Not a very constructive way to keep a debate.

Is there anything constructive in this whole thread? Just a bunch of people crying about how they can't play anymore because some things have changed. Apparently many of them haven't even tried the new patch but are just complaining because they want to be cry-babies.

Quote :Now it´s my turn to get a slap This forum is dangerous

Slap slap slapety slap. There you go.
Quote from March Hare :Yes we could, but we won't.

Is there anything constructive in this whole thread? Just a bunch of people crying about how they can't play anymore because some things have changed. Apparently many of them haven't even tried the new patch but are just complaining because they want to be cry-babies.

Slap slap slapety slap. There you go.

:chairs::fence3d::talktohan:uglyhamme:arge::banghead: :bullwhip::jedi:

Good new years Eve!
:drummer::laola::bannana_p:munching_:wave2:
Quote from Humbleridderen :
Accuse people of cheating or havíng the wrong opinion, but accusing for whining is lack of words as I see it.

Opinions can never be wrong. There is no such thing as a wrong opinion. I think spinach tastes bad, someone else thinks it tastes good. Neither opinion is wrong, even though they take opposite positions.
Quote from Gunn :Opinions can never be wrong. There is no such thing as a wrong opinion. I think spinach tastes bad, someone else thinks it tastes good. Neither opinion is wrong, even though they take opposite positions.

Yeah, you are right. Just wanted a little more listening and respect for others opinion. Accusing people for whining is more mobbing, than arguing, I think! Too prejudicial, in my opinion, isn´t it?

I find it interesting to know about the real problems with the new patch. Maybe there could be some good adjustments, instead of just pulling all the critics away by saying they are whining.
Because of the mandatory online update system (correct me please if i'm wrong) the only thing I can ask for, is developers make sure the LOD system is always optimized, so in future, if the graphics requirement will be more eager, we can still play at good frame rate with "relative" old GFX card for a "relative" long time.

Great Patch Y

bye

PS:sorry for my English...
Quote from Humbleridderen :I find it interesting to know about the real problems with the new patch. Maybe there could be some good adjustments, instead of just pulling all the critics away by saying they are whining.

If anyone would raise a legitimate concern and had evidence to back it up, I guarantee they would be taken seriously. This forum is filled with in depth discussions of all facets of car physics and through those many of the current flaws in LFS have been identified.

What will get you slapped around though is just stating opinion without relating it to something based in reality. "I don't like it" or "It was better before" are just not valid arguments. Likewise with anecdotal evidence like "I've never burnt a clutch in my real car", completely ignoring the differences in revs/gearing/aggressiveness between driving in LFS and pulling out of your driveway.

Furthermore bringing up topics and issues that have been discussed to death, beaten, revived, discussed to death again before being thrown in a wood-chipper and beaten one more time for good measure will not get you any favour. 95% of the issues brought up lately have been thoroughly explained soooooo many times seeing them yet again is likely to agitate some of us.

I know we may seem unreasonable over here some times, but do a search and really think through your reasoning before posting and I think you'll find we aren't that bad. Well, Tristan is, but everyone just ignores him anyway.
I'm lovely. I recently won an award for "most lovely person in my house", and I've been nominated for "most wanted in a forum". Sadly, I've also been awarded "least likely to pretend a fool isn't a fool" and "most likely to call someone names because they can't be bothered to read other threads"...

But, deep down, I'm a big softie. No, really!
I dont want any kind of arcade of stuff on my pc in anyway, go buy NFSMW or some other , there is not so much Arcade on Pro street me finkz
Just tried it with auto-clutch as I had been using manual all this time... why anyone would tell me to use auto clutch I can't understand, as I didn't see a difference with either auto/man while driving but really I don't care anymore. I've given up and joined the ban wagon of obnoxious users who just shout, "shut up and live with it or piss off".
Quote from Yiots :I've given up and joined the ban wagon of obnoxious users who just shout, "shut up and live with it or piss off".

Too bad, that's a childish attitude. Sadly some of those who were not happy with the upgrade also developed an equally childish attitude.

OTOH, I believe that the community, and the developers, grow when everybody is able to draw clear arguments with their opinions.

Shouting is for the brainless.
If your calling me brainless, I would advise you gather yourself and have a seat. I already tried to state why I believe removing blips was not a good move. Since many more think it was the best move of all time, that's great! Now how about letting those who think its not speak their mind without ridicule? No way... cause there are too many whiney drifter newbs in here? Right... RIGHT?

Honestly guys saying you don't like something that's changed doesn't mean you hate the overall sim. Just let some people vent and lay out their opinions without attacking their credibility just because you might believe they are brain dead monkeys from space.
Maybe not brainless. Just illiterate.

You said:
Quote :obnoxious users who just shout, "shut up and live with it or piss off"

In which Bodhidharmazen answered:
Quote :Shouting is for the brainless.

So he was referring to those shouting. Not you. So time to brush up your reading comprehension skills. Eh, mate?
in the end, we are getting probably 2-3 years worth of a few guys constant hardwork to make the game better and better for only 12 pound. the price of a pack of smokes for an s1 lisence. if anything i think we are ripping the devs off.
Quote from lEl E Talon :the price of a pack of smokes for an s1 lisence.

/me cancels application to emigrate to Oz

Holy cow, I thought we were being stuffed!

MAJOR disappointment.
(343 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG