The online racing simulator
#1 - J@tko
Calendar Discussion
This is the thread to discuss the 2008 LFS Beginner's Cup calendar.

Here is the most up-to date version:

3/2/08 R1: Blackwood GP - XFG/XRG - 10 laps
10/2/08 R2: Fern Bay Rallycross - ALL Road Cars- 14 laps
17/2/08 R3: South City Chicane Course Reverse- UF-BR/XF-BR - 14 laps
24/2/08 R4: Aston North - FXO/RB4/XRT - 7 laps
2/3/08 R5: http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=47170&d=1200214218 - MRT - 28 laps
9/3/08 R6: Kyoto National Reverse a la Rockingham - FBM - 9 laps
16/3/08 R7: South City Long - XRR/FXR/FZR (enduro) - 20 laps w/pit stop
30/3/08 R8: Fern Bay Black - RAC/LX4/FZ5 - 5 laps - This race is at 7pm BST

Please discuss improvements.
Dont wanna sound like a noob But can you post the full track names in so i can get some practice in?
#3 - J@tko
Quote from jimaxx :Dont wanna sound like a noob But can you post the full track names in so i can get some practice in?

Done . Sorry for the confusing names. I can never remember the numbers (eg SO3) so I use shorthand instead. Looks like this is the final calendar.
Quote from J@tko :Done . Sorry for the confusing names. I can never remember the numbers (eg SO3) so I use shorthand instead. Looks like this is the final calendar.

Thanks <3 (in a non gay way)
#5 - J@tko
Changed calendar. Round 3 sees debut of XF-Baby R and a change of circuit. The Sprint 2 circuit only has 16 grid slots, and we may exceed this in entries. So, we have moved to South City Chicane Course Reverse.

Also, Round 5 is now at Kyoto National Reverse a la Rockingham. (KY national Reverse with extra chicane) This was because the FBM is too slow to go round the whole banking, so there is now a chicane there.

Layout attached for practice.
Attached files
KY2R_BCfinal.lyt - 1012 B - 297 views
I've just edited the chicane so it is easier to see when the chicane is coming up. Editing is done with permission of the creator.

Can you please look at this J@tko and PM me with your thoughts. Make sure the creator (sorry forgot his name) takes a look at this.

I'm happy to stay with the original layout if you don't like this one
Attached files
KY2R_BCfinal.lyt - 1.2 KB - 302 views
Quote from JO53PHS :Make sure the creator (sorry forgot his name) takes a look at this.

I'm happy to stay with the original layout if you don't like this one

here's the creator with this message ( thoght already that it's for the beginner's cup):

well... the reason that there were no barriers was that if you make a mistake, you have the chance to recover. these barriers are unvorgiving... I would prefer using bals or tyres for this... that it's uploaded should as well give you the chance to learn where the braking point is... but these lines and the signs are good in this context, because they are eyecatching fixpoints...
I could change the barriers to bales or posts...maybe
#9 - J@tko
Quote from TFalke55 :braking point

Found a big problem. With my Blackwood setup (as little wing as possible and warm tyres) I can take it flat easily. Which doesn't solve the problem as I'm on the limiter again afterwards.

@TFalke55 - How would you reccommend tightening it?
We could either make the chicane tighter or move it further back along the track.
Well... that problem I noticed as well, so I did something like this... a very smooth tightening. Now the chicane is quiet narrow, but i think not much more narrow then at FE Club. I could add the indicating lines and signs, sothat you can use it....

EDIT: uploaded a replay of the tightened chicane and the camera file for Soeren Scharf's LFS TV Director 0.2 , sothat broadcasting is easy for you
Attached images
lfs_00000011.jpg
Attached files
yfb.Zz0_KY2R_UFR_Im Ziel.spr - 168.2 KB - 308 views
KY2R.zip - 465 B - 220 views
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :I'm not sure about this...To my understanding, the road cars include - UF1,XFG,XRG,LX4,LX6,RB4,FXO,XRT,RAC,FZ5 - right?

Yep. Around that combo - the fastest are RB4, LX4 and 6 and FZ5

Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :Just wondering where the 'BR' is coming from?

Baby-R - 45% restriction for UFR and 43% for xfr.

Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :Are these cars even matched in terms of performance?
*typo - FZ5

(I knew about the typo - I was testing you !)
Well, the actual class is FZ5, RAC and LX6, but the LX6 is quite a bit (a couple of seconds) faster around FE Black, so I put the LX4 in, as it has about the same lap time as the other two. (see LFSW WRs.)
I edited the layout to give you a further choice of layouts - I don't know what one you want to use but i'm just showing you my idea

Its the same thing as the other one I showed you but the barriers are replaced with bales and with another addition.

Attached are screenshots and the layout file.
Attached images
lfs_00000055.jpg
lfs_00000056.jpg
lfs_00000057.jpg
Attached files
KY2R_BCfinal.lyt - 1.3 KB - 221 views
-
(kABLiuks) DELETED by kABLiuks
Please excuse my ignorance but what's:
UF-BR/XF-BR, and FZ6. What's the BR designation? FZ6? Is that supposed to be FZ5 or FZR?
Quote from Technique :Please excuse my ignorance but what's:
UF-BR/XF-BR, and FZ6. What's the BR designation? FZ6? Is that supposed to be FZ5 or FZR?

FZ6 is a typo... should be FZ5

and the UF-BR is the UF-Baby-R, UFR, 45% intake restriction

The XF-BR is the XF-Baby R, XFR, 43% intake restriction (designed by J@tko and myself to be a competitior to the UF-BR
Quote from Technique :Please excuse my ignorance but what's:

Quote from J@tko - my answers a bit further up the thread :
BR=Baby-R - 45% restriction for UFR and 42% for xfr.

FZ6 is supposed to be FZ5 - it was a typo which I thought I had corrected, but didn't.

@JO53PHS - Was it 43 or 42? My default XF-Baby-R setup says 42.
Quote from J@tko :Baby-R - 45% restriction for UFR and 42% for xfr.

When did it become 42%?
Quote from J@tko :

@JO53PHS - Was it 43 or 42? My default XF-Baby-R setup says 42.

I swear on my life it was 43% - check the thread you made
Quote from JO53PHS :When did it become 42%?

See post above - was it 42 or 43.

THOUGHT: I'll go and check the XF-Baby-R thread.
Quote from J@tko :See post above - was it 42 or 43.

THOUGHT: I'll go and check the XF-Baby-R thread.

Are you sure you didn't steal my thought?
Quote from JO53PHS :Are you sure you didn't steal my thought?

Nope, I was typing the same time you were. It is 43 - My mistake.
Looked at the edited layout yet??
Quote from JO53PHS :I edited the layout to give you a further choice of layouts - I don't know what one you want to use but i'm just showing you my idea

Its the same thing as the other one I showed you but the barriers are replaced with bales and with another addition.

Attached are screenshots and the layout file.

Okay, this is just from looking at the screenies (Don't flaming bannana me ! I haven't touched LFS on a PC since November 19th !), but is that the pit entry or out ? I'm sure that no one will pit because it will cook their race in our series, but if that's the pit exit, I'm a bit concerned about blending with pit exiting and people off the track. When I get S2 this coming weekend, I'll give this layout a try and see if my feelings are worth it or not.
Quote from dekojester :Okay, this is just from looking at the screenies (Don't flaming bannana me ! I haven't touched LFS on a PC since November 19th !), but is that the pit entry or out ? I'm sure that no one will pit because it will cook their race in our series, but if that's the pit exit, I'm a bit concerned about blending with pit exiting and people off the track. When I get S2 this coming weekend, I'll give this layout a try and see if my feelings are worth it or not.

That was my gut feeling too. I doubt anyone will pit as the only damage anyone will get is from hitting other people (but they won't do that will they ) If they do, then we'll have to think of a solution.
Quote from J@tko :That was my gut feeling too. I doubt anyone will pit as the only damage anyone will get is from hitting other people (but they won't do that will they ) If they do, then we'll have to think of a solution.

I will give the layout a test as soon as I get S2 and make any comments. If I'm cool with it, I'll give it my Charlie Whiting-esque stamp of approval.

If the chicane does its job, I expect that the speeds will be slow enough to negate the issue.
This thread is closed

Calendar Discussion
(86 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG