The online racing simulator
#1 - J@tko
Applications to join
We are ready (I think!)

If you wish to compete in the LFS Beginner's Cup, then please sign up below.

The regulations for entry are that you must consider yourself a beginner, and with your entry, please give the reason why (e.g 'Got S2 last week). Any cheating of the system will result in a ban from all New Dimension Racing Events.

Please sign up like this: LFS Username[space]-[space]Name you will use in races[space]-[space]Which rounds you will compete in, seperated by commas. If you want to participate in all rounds, just put ALL.

Feel free to change any part of your entry before Round 1. Do this by deleting your original post (edit it, then delete all the words and put POST DELETED, and make a new one.

Here is the draft calendar so far: Races will be on Sundays starting 3rd Feb.

R1: BL GP - XFG/XRG - 10 laps
R2: FE RX - ALL Road Cars - 14 laps
R3: SO CH R - UF-BR/XF-JR - 25 laps
R4: AS NO - FXO/RB4/XRT - 7 laps
R5: an AX layout - MRT - ?
R6: KY NA R/chicane - FBM - 9 laps
R7: SO LO - XRR/FXR/FZR (enduro) - 20 laps w/pit stop
R8: FE BL - RAC/LX4/FZ6 - 5 laps

You will be given an entry number, which is the number which your name is next to below. You must use this number as your race number during the series. Just get the skin you normally use, edit it in paint or whatever, and put two boxes on it - one on each side - with your number in it. Then upload it to LFSW using 'My Online Skins'.

NOTE 1: If you get the number 13 (lucky you!). PM me for details on how to change it!
NOTE 2: If someone else gets a number you want, PM them and ask to swap. If they agree, PM me.
NOTE 3: If someone else does not have the number you want, and probably never will do (e.g #99), then I might give it you if there is a special reason, (e.g religious significance or something like that) then PM me also.
The reason for this rule is because I want the numbers to be nice and ordered, and don't want any silly numbers in the series!

We will have 2 races as we have more than 29 competitors. See 'Race Day timetable'.

We have an absolute maximum of 38 competitors, due to server restrictions.
Attached files
Entry List WORD.doc - 32 KB - 375 views
#2 - J@tko
Entry: J@tko - Jack (ENG) - 1,3,4,5,6

Got S2 on Xmas Eve Eve.
Entry: FinnWest - FinnWest - ALL

Played demo a couple of times and bought S2 last tuesday, never played any league online before so Beginner's Cup would be a great way to start.
#4 - J@tko
Quote from FinnWest :Entry: FinnWest - FinnWest - ALL

Played demo a couple of times and bought S2 last tuesday, never played any league online before so Beginner's Cup would be a great way to start.

Yes!!! An entry! Thank you!

Back on topic, please put a number 2 on all the skins you want to use in the series, and read the other threads in the forum. Thanks
intresteded but unsure
hey guys i'm intrested in this,

although not sure on how exactly i get to do this internet stuff as everytime i try on multiplayer i keep getting rejected (unable to proceess track info), plus i have saved skins to comp but dont seem to be able to transfer them let alone move them to paint to add a number.

yes i am a newbie i have looked through the forum but dont seem to be able to answer my ???? to my computer ability.

cheers

sloth
#6 - J@tko
Quote from slothspeed :hey guys i'm intrested in this,

although not sure on how exactly i get to do this internet stuff as everytime i try on multiplayer i keep getting rejected (unable to proceess track info), plus i have saved skins to comp but dont seem to be able to transfer them let alone move them to paint to add a number.

yes i am a newbie i have looked through the forum but dont seem to be able to answer my ???? to my computer ability.

cheers

sloth

Thanks for your interest. Your multiplayer problems might me because of a slow/laggy internet connection, or due to the fact that you might be physically a long way from the server. Your skins should be in LFS/data/skins. If not, download a new copy of LFS. Another issue may be that you'll have to get up early on a Monday/Tuesday morning to compete in the series.

Anyway, hope you solve these issues.
#7 - myx
Entry: tvpro - tvpro - ALL
Peter Collins - ? - ?

(NB: Due to work commitments, I will only be able to participate with a 9pm GMT start - sorry!)
#9 - J@tko
Quote from myx :Entry: tvpro - tvpro - ALL

Sorry my friend - you need S2 to compete

Quote from petercollins :
Peter Collins - ? - ?
(NB: Due to work commitments, I will only be able to participate with a 9pm GMT start - sorry!)

Peter, you posted this in the wrong forum - I didn't explain very well!
This is the forum for general entries - then you select the car you want to use and confirm your attendance in the 'Round 1 Entry List'.

You say that you can't get to LFS before 9pm. If we have an 8.30 start, then you can join mid-race.

P.S Can you re-post in the other thread again please - Thanks.
pete44ni - Pete904NI - ALL

I've been about LFS on and off since S1, but only for the odd banger race or mucking about in a drift server - never done a proper race before or a series before... hope I qualify
Just a couple of questions before I sign up

What dates will the rounds be held on (If you know yet)?
What time will the races start?
And how long (roughly) should each round be?

I have to balance LFS around school and work, and I'd just like to make sure I can make it
im game, entry jeff h - cougar7005 - all, im waiting of my wheel coming so ill have number 13 if you dont mind (at least then ive got an excuse if im rubbish :shrug
Thanks to those who have signed up so far. - Dont forget to read the rules (here) and choose your car (and confirm your entry) for Round 1 here.

Quote from dougie-lampkin :
What dates will the rounds be held on (If you know yet?)

Hopefully, every week starting 3rd/4th Feb

Quote from dougie-lampkin :What time will the races start?

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=36309
Quote from dougie-lampkin :And how long (roughly) should each round be?

There will be a 15 min quali session, followed by a race of about 20 mins (30 mins for enduro - Round 6). So about 3/4 hour in total, including faffing about before quali e.t.c
Can i join plox?
Got a wheel christmas so im a good o'l noob
All the S2 tracks/cars are pritty new to me
Name: GRace|Jim
S2: Jimaxx
Quote from jimaxx :Can i join plox?
Got a wheel christmas so im a good o'l noob
All the S2 tracks/cars are pritty new to me
Name: GRace|Jim
S2: Jimaxx

Entering all rounds?
ill try and enter whatever i can be on time for so just all for me \
Cheers.
Quote from jimaxx :ill try and enter whatever i can be on time for so just all for me \
Cheers.

Great.

NOTE TO ALL: If you put all, then find you can't attend a particular round, just say so in the Round X Entry List and Information thread. I know some things just crop up (even some things more important than LFS :tilt and so just telling me you can't attend is fine.
OK, I could make that I think!

dougie-lampkin- [OPC]ROB! - All, hopefully!

EDIT: Forgot to say why I should join as a beginner!

I've been S2 for 6 months, but I've never entered any leagues before, the closest I got was CTRA, and I ain't too good there! (Copper, Clubman and Yellow lol). I have done 7700 miles, but 95% of these were done with a keyboard or PS3 pad. As of 3 weeks ago, I'm G25! So I am like a complete beginner again, I'm 5 - 6 seconds off my old PB's, which were nowhere near Wr's anyway lol. I just want to join for fun and to learn to drive more competitivley (spelt wrong isn't it...)
EveningStar - EveningStar - ALL

Hi! I'm not really new to LFS but i have spent most off the time with Tweak, cruising and drifting and i have never entered a league just a few pickup races from time to time. i really want to get more serious racing and i think this cup would be a perfect entry...
I hope the events will be on sundays because i have to work in the evening on mondays ...

Greetings from Austria
Name: GRace|HuRLeY-S2: Hurley24(ALL)

just got S2, don't really know s2 tracks

oh if i could be # 12 that would be great!!
mccoll99 - mccoll99 - ALL

I bought S2 on the 27th of december and haven't competed in a tournament yet... Hope to be involved!
JO53PHS - JO53PHS - ALL

I have only been playing for a month or two and I consider myself a begginer. I'm not exactly fast round the tracks and still learning the tracks. I'm getting a wheel in a few weeks so I will be a bit slower anyway .

I hope I'm allowed to join!

Please note I've only just got the CTRA bronze license. So consider me copperish level
I am complete and utter shite, even though I've had my license for about 6 months now. Favourite car is the RB4, next favourite is the FBM. Consider me a crap driver at everything except the RB4 and FBM.

Race Name: [SR]DalekSam(highlight it)
Licence Name: <------

All Races
Thanks for your entry guys.

Quote from mccoll99 :mccoll99 - mccoll99 - ALL

I bought S2 on the 27th of december and haven't competed in a tournament yet... Hope to be involved!

As long as you don't mind getting up early on a Monday morning and have a good internet connection then fine!

Quote from JO53PHS :Please note I've only just got the CTRA bronze license. So consider me copperish level

I envy you. You have the UF-BRs!

Quote from Dalek0220 :Favourite car is the RB4, next favourite is the FBM. Consider me a crap driver at everything except the RB4 and FBM.

You'll be OK in 3 rounds then!

NOTE: At round 2 (the RX round) you are now able to drive all road cars. Fastest is RB4, closely followed by FZ5 and LX6.
Thanks for letting me join!
This thread is closed

Applications to join
(126 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG