The online racing simulator
How can I get max graphics in LFS?
Hey! I've been wondering for a while about how the XFR vid around BL that was released before S2 came out. I just wanted to say, how can I get the game to look like it did in the video because I loved the way the car's windows were shining and the little cool fine details. Thanks!
... Turn up all the graphics details in the options menu....

Assuming you have the required hardware, namely a videocard manufactured within the last decade or so, it will look just like that video!
What video? I'd like to see that video... where can I get it from?
Leprekaun write something more about your hardware - CPU, GPU etc.
www.liveforspeed.net

take a screenshot of what your LFS looks like .. because it should look like it does in that video
I noticed that some LFS videos looks better than LFS in real. It can be only my feeling, it can be caused by some picture retouch during videoediting... dunno. Are you sure you have AA and AF on if your GFX driver settings?
#7 - Don
the windows were shining (reflecting?) the sky more, because it had obviously different envmap, but i dunno what you mean with "little cool details"...?
Well, my pc specs are:

AMD Athlon XP 1800+
ATi Radeon 9250
lol lol and lol
With a computer like that, you're not going to get good graphics. I had a Athlon 1700+ and some integrated card... i talk from experience.
I've been wondering the same - hope you don't mind if I thread hijack! I have a heavily clocked 9800Pro (256Mb) and a 3700+ O'cd to FX-57 speeds. I can get about 100fps with everything maxed, what else can I do to make lfs look lovely? I'm using ATi tray tools to put everything on max, and it seems to be maxed on the options menu. Any good texture replacements about?
#12 - Vain
Yes, you can find better textures in the "Unofficial Addons" and "Miscellaneous Addons" sections of this forum.

Vain
#14 - Jakg
Quote from Leprekaun :Well, my pc specs are:

AMD Athlon XP 1800+
ATi Radeon 9250

rofl

Welcome to the 21st century, what fps you get with that l33t rig?

in all seriousness, turning up all the options is about all you can expect to do without your fps going as low as president bush's IQ
Quote from Lible :With a computer like that, you're not going to get good graphics. I had a Athlon 1700+ and some integrated card... i talk from experience.

Same here. Except I had Intel 1700+, and I had LFS back then (S2 Demo) in 1024x768 with medium options, and even so got 30-40 FPS.
Quote from af3blue :I've been wondering the same - hope you don't mind if I thread hijack! I have a heavily clocked 9800Pro (256Mb) and a 3700+ O'cd to FX-57 speeds. I can get about 100fps with everything maxed, what else can I do to make lfs look lovely? I'm using ATi tray tools to put everything on max, and it seems to be maxed on the options menu. Any good texture replacements about?

Buy a NVIDIA card to get 16XAA .Seriously it work and looks nice.
There are unofficial track hi-res textures and sky hi-res texture here in the forum.Just use search function
more hijacking..

where do i find an ATi Smartshader?! tried google, came up with nothing.
Smartshader is an option in the ati driver options panel, you can access them through display properties..........

Have they removed it or moved it in the later driver versions, I can't find it now........

Well that is where it used to be i'm sure.. so you could start by looking there.
found this: http://www.driverheaven.net/smartshader

allthough im not getting anything out of it with LFS.. it even says on the page that its only openGL applications, well, LFS sure is an openGL application "WORK!!" but it wont..

any help!? what drivers do i want? catalyst? my current driver dosn't have smartshader options.. maybe up-to-date drivers has?
LFS uses DirectX doesnt it?
Quote from Phill :found this: http://www.driverheaven.net/smartshader

allthough im not getting anything out of it with LFS.. it even says on the page that its only openGL applications, well, LFS sure is an openGL application "WORK!!" but it wont..

any help!? what drivers do i want? catalyst? my current driver dosn't have smartshader options.. maybe up-to-date drivers has?

As Maggot says, it's directx (direct3d), not opengl.
woohoo I was right for a change!
haha that explains it!

w00t w00t.. wait.. in this screenshot thread/topic whatever, there was a guy who said he had added the effects using smartshader.. hmmmm i wonder what version he was using then!

he had a few effects on, among others, "bloom" and "hdtv" it was called, i believe..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG