New Players who might be looking for a server
I am currently looking at getting a proper server, instead of leeching off the community and i am just wondering if anyone from the community would find it benificial to have a server where you can just casual race or test a new setup and not get kicked for not knowing the layout. i have tested this style of event which is advertised in the forum and in the race calander and we have had a reasonable turn out so do you think it's worth it.

currently were looking at a 12 slot server with 10 slot teamspeak
It's always good to see more Aussie servers.
I guess my ideal server is one where the racing is not 'ultra competitive, the people are friendly, and the LX and tin top cars are being raced.
well it will be a 500servers, server but yes, it will be mostly open to australians because events will take place normally on friday late afternoons

but during the holidays events will take place more regularly

that is if i can get enough intrest in the server
due to complete lack of intrest towards this idea i feel that is pointless for my to waste my time and money and on a community who has no intrest in a new beginner server
Yeah
I just bought this game thinking their would be like heaps of aus servers.

Im disapointed there is a lack of australian servers so please do all you can to add more thank you.
Wish i'd seen this thread earlier.

I think it's a great idea, we need more Aussie servers, the ones that currently are running half the time have no one in them anyhow.
I'd have loved to have seen something come of this... but even if not, any nice people out there reccomend a good server to start on for an Aussie?
well fear not, the lfs community are great people and one of them who is currently having router problems has offered to serve a server for us for no cost and is currently looking at a ventrlio server also to go along with it.

stay tuned people

Australian racing may not be dead after all
Why not play with every other country in the world? I mean unless if its a lag problem, then it's understandable.. but isn't that the fun in multiplayer?
The Aussie connections to the internet aren't exactly amazing, hence why you tend not to see too many aussies on european servers with decent response times.
yeah, most australians need to have 10mbps broadband not to get kicked of servers on xbox live

i have 512/128

pinging from australia to lfsforum.net
Quote :Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Alex Hughes>ping www.lfsforum.net

Pinging www.lfsforum.net [213.40.20.4] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 213.40.20.4: bytes=32 time=365ms TTL=49
Reply from 213.40.20.4: bytes=32 time=366ms TTL=49

Ping statistics for 213.40.20.4:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 365ms, Maximum = 366ms, Average = 365ms

The other issue is that around the time we play most of the rest of the world is asleep... so it's good to have a spot where aussies hang out
oh whats this, a bit of a suprise christmas gift

I HAVE A SERVER, OR RATHER

it was just paid for

13 Slot racing
10 slot teamspeak
3x team admins

i will update you on when our first event will be on soon
Im comin to test it mate

EDIT: Host not found ?!?!?
yup, you needed to give me some time, it has been down and up like a yo yo while i configure and test stuff

ok

server name: Team KA
password, this isn't one, now
ok
here is all the details of today's event

Event Qualifying Starts at: 5pm GMT +10
and the race is 15 laps of South City Chicane Route with LX6+LX4'S

Teamspeak is avalable and i would like you to use it, as it helps with marshelling, if not i can understand.

Server Name:Team KA Racing Server
Teamspeak:195.78.83.8:8786
LFSWorld Link

oh, it seems someone forgot to lock the server
you might be able to sneak a practise in
Quote from Roxors :I just bought this game thinking their would be like heaps of aus servers.

Im disapointed there is a lack of australian servers so please do all you can to add more thank you.

The cost of hosting a server in Australia is way to expensive because of the high cost of Bandwidth. Thanks mainly to the duopoly of Telstra/Optus having the only two major overseas cables out of the country.

I have a dedicated server in a data center in Seattle, Washington that has a 100mb connection and 1TB of data per month for under $100. To host that same server in Australia would cost $5000 per month.

Plus, the data going out of Australia only goes to the USA and from there, to the rest of the world. We have no direct route to Europe which is why playing on European server is near impossible. The data stream travels three quarters of the way around the globe.

However, playing on USA based servers isn't to bad with ping times of around 250ms. Sure it's the upper limit, but it's playable, especially if the server, like mine, has a high speed connection direct to a major US backbone. So servers based in the USA are more centralized for use by everyone around the globe.

If you want to race on a full Aussie race server there is a league that racers on Monday nights. Look here --> www.mondaynightracing.com

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG