The online racing simulator
MINE IS WELL COOL TAKES SOME TIME GETTING USE TO IT
Mine isnt :@ It wont recognise that im turning everything else works great, and the buttons on the wheel work, its just the steering Any1 help ??
Getting Very Annoyed now !!!
Grrrr, i still cant get the steering to work The buttons on the wheel work fine though, and so does everything esle, Just steering!! Even when i was running the installation, the program didnt recognise i was steering. I take it i have a dodgy unit ??
iv done all that lol,
Umm what wheel, what brand maybe? Make sure its pluged properly?
Quote from evilpimp :Umm what wheel, what brand maybe? Make sure its pluged properly?

Its the G25...power is fine, altho the light on the shifter is very dim...Iv just read that uninstalling the drivers, and cranking the wheel all way to the right and then installling it again will sort it.....il try when i go home later
Let me know how it goes.
Quote from evilpimp : Let me know how it goes.

Noing my luck it will fail i was really looking foward to spending the night on it too If i have to send it back il be sooo angry lol
If your wheel works in the windows game controller screen and shows that you are pressing pedals and moving then wheel then your controller is fine. It's probably just a matter of mapping the controls within LFS.
When you are in game go into the controls menu, select the axis assignment tab and look at the bars on the right hand side of the screen. They are your steering, throttle, brake, clutch axis. Click on steering and then select the steering axis of your wheel and bam now you can steer
Quote from Brookaovhaydock :Its the G25...power is fine, altho the light on the shifter is very dim...Iv just read that uninstalling the drivers, and cranking the wheel all way to the right and then installling it again will sort it.....il try when i go home later

Have you got it plugged into the mains adaptor? The light is dim when its not plugged into the wall.
it sound like power loss. make sure your power supply is plugged in properly.
It`s also possible that if you`ve attached the wheel to a desk that one of the cables underneath has pulled out slightly while you were clamping it. When I got my second G25, it took ages to work out why it wouldn`t steer no matter what I did.

Eventually I took it off the table and noticed one cable sitting just very slightly squint on the connector, and as soon as I pushed it in again it immediately started calibrating.

it`s worked fine ever since, so worth a look anyway in case it is that simple for you.
WooHoo, all working...Just 1 Problem
The problem is, no matter what settings i play with, i cant get the Cars to use the full 900 degreese of wheel rotation, i only have to turn my wheel half way and i does full lock, any1 help me out ?? cheers
Got G25 Working....But
I cant get the cars in LFS to match the full 900 degrese rotation of my wheel ? how can i set it up so it does ? the settings on LFS are on 900.....
the most any steering wheel turns ingame is 720...
#91 - VoiD
:wow:

:eek: You started five threads for setting up a simple wheel...
yup, set your wheel to match the game 720 is honestly better anyways 900 is too much.
And + if you want set your G25 really good, you should check out this.
or just click the link in my sig
#95 - VoiD
Do youself a favour and read some info about your new G25. Especially in your other five threads!
Driving in a "City Driving" server will NOT help you to learn the wheel.

Just a little heads up.

I am Australian.
The steering is always plugged in -.-.

It's the cable that runs from the unit to the computer.. you CANT pull it out (Well you probably can if you wann waste $500).
Check the device is working in game controlers. You will need to assign the axis in LFS, if you don't know how to do this then check here.

I think you've probably just not done something rather than an actual problem with the wheel, it's a bit hard to tell without more info though.
Quote from mathew4445 :The steering is always plugged in -.-.

It's the cable that runs from the unit to the computer.. you CANT pull it out (Well you probably can if you wann waste $500).

NOT TRUE!!!! I just got a G25 today, used it.. Moved my desk a bit, went to use it again and I could shift, move and brake.. but I couldn't steer. I looked down and the steering wheel wasn't plugged into my power bar... If the wheel has no force feedback and it doesn't callabrate when u plug it in..then check the power supply.
In LFS, check the garage for the different cars that you can drive. It tells you how much lock they have. Set the profilers to that much and you're done.

Of course, different cars have different lock. Most are either 720 or 540 I believe. What I did was copy the LFS exe and call it 720.exe and have logitech profiler point to that when I want to use cars that have 720 degrees of lock. I set the amount of rotation in each profile to match. I also created a profile for use with cars that use 540 degrees of lock and call it something like LFS_540.exe to run cars with less lock. I think LFS has an easier way of coping with different levels of rotation in game but I prefer to do it this way.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG