The online racing simulator
Keep getting "Demoed"
(13 posts, started )
Keep getting "Demoed"
Ok i dont really now how to start this one, but I'm licensed since septembre 05.
Ik just reinstalled my pc (around 6 januari) I (offcourse) reinstalled LfS and unlocked it.

About a week later i was suddenly back to demoracer, so i unlocked again.

But now it happened again and i can't unlock S2 ffs ;(

Anyone else having these problems?
It occasionally happens. Make sure you have access to write and read to the /path/to/LFS/Data/misc directory.

There is a few known issues, if I remember correctly they were caused in-conjunction with a driver problem - I cant remember the details, but if you search the Technical Assistance forums you'll find something.
just a guess, but maybee this happens due to a "restricted user" since more and more users run their machines using restricted users to be more safe.
so try to run lfs.exe via "run as" (right click) as admin...
or the attributes are mixed up...
Since i'm only logged in as administrator that shouldnt be a problem, and it did work ok though.
then it's worm/virus nagin' you ?
Scary Stuff
http://www.windowsecurity.com/ ... ternate_Data_Streams.html

I HAD THE SANE PROB ABOUT A MONTH BACK. AND A DIFFERENT ONE TOO

AS SOON AS I WOULD LOG ON AND BEGAN TO PLAY MY PING WOULD GROW UNTIL I GOT DUMPED 3 TO 7 MIN AT MOST

I WAS TOLED THAT IT WAS A BANDWITH THING FROM AN INTRUDER.

BUT NOTHING COULD BE FOUND

I NUKED MY OS AND STARTED OVER SAME THING HAPPENED AFTER 1 DAY

AND NO BUGS ANYWHERE AND OTHER ONLINE GAMES HAD NO PROB.

I AM RUNNING XP64 IN A NTFS PARTITION WITH NOD32 & MS ANTI SPYWARE FINDING NO THREATS

THEN FOUND OUT ABOUT THAT REMOTE DATA STREAM STUFF

THIS IS WHAT HAS ENDED THE PROB AND HAS HAD 0 PROBS SINCE

I NOW USE A FAT32 PARTITION FOR ALL INTERNET CACHE, COOKIES & DOWNLOADS. I ALSO UNZIP EVERYTHING INTO THIS PARTITION BEFORE MOVING IT TO A MORE PERMANT LOCATION.

WORKED FOR ME HOPE IT HELPS YOU GUYS TOO
Maybe your computer is sick of your caps lock key?
Ok that is just scary. After reading that article I am not sure I can trust any files anymore.

Given the content of the article he liknked I can over look the use of CAPS.

Yet one more reason to rebuild my computer from the ground up.
Quote from mee too : http://www.windowsecurity.com/ ... ternate_Data_Streams.html

Dude.

Ok but I use DU meter and it doesn't show any abnormal upload etc. neither does my switch or router.

I actually haven't patched it to Q (or P?) yet but i was using the previous version, and that seemed to work fine.
Quote from mee too : http://www.windowsecurity.com/ ... ternate_Data_Streams.html

I HAD THE SANE PROB ABOUT A MONTH BACK. AND A DIFFERENT ONE TOO

AS SOON AS I WOULD LOG ON AND BEGAN TO PLAY MY PING WOULD GROW UNTIL I GOT DUMPED 3 TO 7 MIN AT MOST

I WAS TOLED THAT IT WAS A BANDWITH THING FROM AN INTRUDER.

BUT NOTHING COULD BE FOUND

I NUKED MY OS AND STARTED OVER SAME THING HAPPENED AFTER 1 DAY

AND NO BUGS ANYWHERE AND OTHER ONLINE GAMES HAD NO PROB.

I AM RUNNING XP64 IN A NTFS PARTITION WITH NOD32 & MS ANTI SPYWARE FINDING NO THREATS

THEN FOUND OUT ABOUT THAT REMOTE DATA STREAM STUFF

THIS IS WHAT HAS ENDED THE PROB AND HAS HAD 0 PROBS SINCE

I NOW USE A FAT32 PARTITION FOR ALL INTERNET CACHE, COOKIES & DOWNLOADS. I ALSO UNZIP EVERYTHING INTO THIS PARTITION BEFORE MOVING IT TO A MORE PERMANT LOCATION.

WORKED FOR ME HOPE IT HELPS YOU GUYS TOO

I was having the same problem as you with XP64. After a few minutes I was disconnected from any LFS server. My solution was installing XP32 in another partition. No problems then
Just a couple of quick comments about mee too's post...

If an intruder can see anything on your hard drive, or even see your pc from the internet! your security has failed and that's well before they can start altering files on your hard drive

There is plenty of software and services available for securing your PC these days and I'd suggest it is of the same importance as your Operating System itself

i.e. I personaly would make sure I have good security software that covers: virus, hacker (trojens etc), greyware (spyware, adware), internet (firewall) threats as well as checking your basic security levels of your operating system (passwords, shared folders, network protocals enabled, etc) and run security checks to validate your assumptions unfortunately the default settings of XP is not exactly secure, so we need to know a bit about security and spend a bit of money on security/ antivirus software if we want peace of mind

P.s. also the default settings in alot of security software is not always set to the highest level and often require the user to understand a little about it and manually run some things, to get the best level of security...
Quote from SoloNijN :Dude.

Ok but I use DU meter and it doesn't show any abnormal upload etc. neither does my switch or router.

I actually haven't patched it to Q (or P?) yet but i was using the previous version, and that seemed to work fine.

Download a new patch maybe this will help

Keep getting "Demoed"
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG