The online racing simulator
[can't load jpeg file]
(10 posts, started )
[can't load jpeg file]
When I install the patch (X), that was posted, LFS won't load and says that it can't find a file (some sort of a jpg file..don't recall the name).

I know it's got to be something obvious, otherwise I wouldn't have missed it...any guesses?

Jim
#2 - JTbo
Quote from Intelvet :When I install the patch (X), that was posted, LFS won't load and says that it can't find a file (some sort of a jpg file..don't recall the name).

I know it's got to be something obvious, otherwise I wouldn't have missed it...any guesses?

Jim

You have to install it over old LFS installation as it is a patch, LFS Full is then what you can install to new folder.
Hi,

Thanks...that's exactly what I did, oh well...must be a loose nut behind the keyboard (meaning me).

Maybe I'll give the "Y" patch a try see. Or does one of the other patches have to be installed first?

I do have the updated LFS installed (S2 I think it is), and was interested in seeing how the patch would spruce it up.

Thanks for the reply,

Jim

PS: In case anyone is interested, I have several videos posted on "YouTube"...just do a search for Chitch50 and you'll get the list. Several with LFS, some with MSFS and one with MSTS.
If it isn't an ad on a track, it might be a car skin which has gone corrupt, it has happened to me before.

Tell us what .jpeg file it is though.
#5 - JTbo
You can use automatic update (in game go to multiplayer server list and it gives you opportunity update your game automatically) if your version is X, if it is older (like V), then perhaps it is better to get full download from www.lfs.net
On the LFS Website there is a patch Y full install. Give that a try if you can't get your patched game working.
i get the same problem.. i reinstall the game and it works but then if i close it and start it up again i get the same message. it says Could not open file : data/skins/HEL_DEFAULT.jpg
#8 - JTbo
Which Antivirus software are you guys using?

Sometimes there is possibility that it is Antivirus software that takes file out, you could test also by disabling Antivirus software and installing LFS to new folder and running it with Antivirus software disabled, also some has possibilities to exclude certain folders which could be used to diagnose problem too.
i use AVG free, but this hasnt been an issue until lately. and i try running it without my antivirus on and nothing.. i dunno i tried making a copy of the skins folder and replacing the original with the copy when i get the error message but that doesnt work either... HELP!!! im currently running windows vista, if that makes a difference.
well i did something just now that seems to work for now, i deleted all the text documents except the cfg, and it worked fine... ill see if it messes up again, i do this and maybe itll work, ill reply again when it happens

[can't load jpeg file]
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG