The online racing simulator

Poll : Do you want ALL your online pb's cleared?

Yes, i would not mind that my online pb's are cleared now with the changes in patch Y.
No thanks, please leave my pb's alone!
I want to clear pb's, but i can't speak for others, i can clear my own pb's on lfsworld if i want to
Quote from Bawbag :... all those people who voted yes had to do was delete them all themselves.

Quote :Yes, I would not mind that my online pb's are cleared now with the changes in patch Y.

People who voted "yes" were saying that they "would not mind" if their own PB's were deleted. They didn't vote for deletion of everybody's PB's they just indicated what was ok to be done with their own.
A sample of 800, whilst not technically everyone, isn't a bad sample, and the results probably aren't far off from reality.

I'm happy with the decision, even though I had quite a few combos logged. And as I can't find the time to play very often it'll be a while before I stop looking like a noob (with only a few, slow combos) as I mess about a bit too... One day I might get back into daily playing and league participation, in which case the times'll come a falling!
If people are getting there backs up about PB's being cleared, think of it like this, you obviously sucked, lagged or cheated to get those laps, if you are scared you won't be able to do it again then you will be the ones crying over teh PB's being deleted. It's a new patch, with alot of new stuff, everything should be reset, what is the point having a PB at the PEAK of the Patch X performance, if you can never beat it with patch Y because of the new features? It's just weird not to want them deleted, it's effectively like a whole new game with blackwood and southcity changed.
you have the cheek to say anybody sucks with stats like this :
Hosts joined: 523
Races won: 17
Second: 13
Third: 14
Finished: 186
i don't mind if my pb's are deleted. i will just get them back.
Quote from BlueFlame :If people are getting there backs up about PB's being cleared, think of it like this, you obviously sucked, lagged or cheated to get those laps, if you are scared you won't be able to do it again then you will be the ones crying over teh PB's being deleted. It's a new patch, with alot of new stuff, everything should be reset, what is the point having a PB at the PEAK of the Patch X performance, if you can never beat it with patch Y because of the new features? It's just weird not to want them deleted, it's effectively like a whole new game with blackwood and southcity changed.

I beat quite a few pbs on the new patch, so I must have "sucked" back then? BTW, you should add to your list of why people don't want there PB's deleted, like the 1 reason alot of people had was "I want to keep my pb's because I done all the possible combos". It's not a bad reason and if someone wants to keep this acheivement then I beleive they have the right too, especcially when there was no need to remove everybodys pb's.
Quote from Bawbag :"I want to keep my pb's because I done all the possible combos". It's not a bad reason and if someone wants to keep this acheivement

Can't you can still see this in lapcount?
Quote from Bawbag :I beat quite a few pbs on the new patch, so I must have "sucked" back then? BTW, you should add to your list of why people don't want there PB's deleted, like the 1 reason alot of people had was "I want to keep my pb's because I done all the possible combos". It's not a bad reason and if someone wants to keep this acheivement then I beleive they have the right too, especcially when there was no need to remove everybodys pb's.

Well, i never did an ONLINE lap on every combo possible, but even still I think because it is a new patch and the physics and some of the tracks have been changed, the PB's should be obsolete and therefore deleted
If you aren't afraid you can't get a good PB again, then just accept the PB deletion.. simple?
Can we close this now? Nothing new in here...

Edit: forget my line above
Quote from BlueFlame :Well, i never did an ONLINE lap on every combo possible, but even still I think because it is a new patch and the physics and some of the tracks have been changed, the PB's should be obsolete and therefore deleted
If you aren't afraid you can't get a good PB again, then just accept the PB deletion.. simple?

I've accepted the descision, but that doesn't mean I don't have the right to say that I don't agree with it, does it?

I dunno where you get the illusion that people were scared of getting a good pb, i've said it twice allready that the main reason people wanted to keep their PB's was the fact that they had put so much time and effort into getting them all.

BTW, this is the first time this has happend since I got the game, and this is the 3rd "obsolete" patch i've been around to experience and this is the first time that this has happend, we had the choice with the last patch when Victor gave us the "Delete all PB's" button, which was more than enough....
only clear the bp's from the changed circuites
couse the other circuits arn't changed right?
Yes, but this is the first physically incompatible patch in which the changes resulted in slower lap times across the board. The tyre physics changes at the time of the BF1 launch resulted in better lap times, so no need to remove the pb's. This time, 100% of the pb's achieved before are unattainable (if the old pb was a "good" pb) and invalid because they were done using cars that could rev higher.

Anyway we cast a vote and the results were overwhelming. This isn't a democracy but it's nice to know that when making this decision which in some ways is a totally obvious thing to do, and in my personal opinion is not a big deal (removing old hotlaps would be a big deal) we did please most of the people.
a good idea
Fantastic new stats system
Awesome change to the stats, with the number of laps and all
and fuel usage too now. I hope it's a bit accurate - it's kind of a test

(on your pb listings on lfsworld that is, for those who wonder what we're talking about)
Quote from Scawen :Yes, but this is the first physically incompatible patch in which the changes resulted in slower lap times across the board. The tyre physics changes at the time of the BF1 launch resulted in better lap times, so no need to remove the pb's. This time, 100% of the pb's achieved before are unattainable (if the old pb was a "good" pb) and invalid because they were done using cars that could rev higher.

Anyway we cast a vote and the results were overwhelming. This isn't a democracy but it's nice to know that when making this decision which in some ways is a totally obvious thing to do, and in my personal opinion is not a big deal (removing old hotlaps would be a big deal) we did please most of the people.

Actually, if I remember correctly, a long time ago there was a patch in which tire physics were improved, but the cars were slower. I remember because the WR on BL1 was close to 1:32:00, and after the patch the WR was close to 1:33:00, and stayed that way for a while. So I don't think this was the first patch to decrease lap times, and a few people had PBs of 1:31s on BL1 from a very long time ago. Again these PBs were obsolete and could not be attained anymore, but they were still there and were not deleted until today. I think, even though these PBs are obsolete, they are personal, not like the hotlaps, and they shouldn't be deleted without the user's permission.

I'm not talking about myself here, as I deleted all my PBs as soon as the patch came out as I wanted realistic PBs, not obsolete ones.
Wohoo more stats!!! I like stats!
:wow:

Major improvement!

Personally I don´t care about fuelusage. I´ve an oldskool paperboard with data about that. But I really like the new look and the other infos.
I'm also displaying your pre-y pb's there now, greyed out. That's the only place you can view your old pb's. When requesting pb's from yourself or someone else from inside LFS, you'll only get the post-y pb's. Also pubstats will only show the new pb's.
Maybe I make a mistake, but the new PB-s cover old and I cannot see them.
Quote from okijuhans :Maybe I make a mistake, but the new PB-s cover old and I cannot see them.

Yes, same here, can you make it Victor so that when you hold your mouse on the new PB, it displays an old one, like before when it displayed number of laps when you hold the mouse?
i could, but i won't. This is just to ease the transition and not to have so much blank spaces in your pb table.
It's like your pb's have not been deleted, except if you now drive a new pb (can be slower than before), it will 'overwrite' the old one.
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
Quote from Victor :i could, but i won't. This is just to ease the transition and not to have so much blank spaces in your pb table.
It's like your pb's have not been deleted, except if you now drive a new pb (can be slower than before), it will 'overwrite' the old one.

But why you made such a big time table. I mean couple of words and so long box for time. Compress time box and put old PB-s there before time box.

Confusing, but maybe you manage it.
Quote from Victor :i could, but i won't. This is just to ease the transition and not to have so much blank spaces in your pb table.

Yea, guess your right, what's the point anyway Don't know about the laps driven on combo, maybe that should be deleted aswell? It can be kinda misleading, comparing someone's PB with driven laps..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Yea, guess your right, what's the point anyway Don't know about the laps driven on combo, maybe that should be deleted aswell? It can be kinda misleading, comparing someone's PB with driven laps..

Driven laps is interesting and please dont delete that. PB-s are due physics.

Do you want ALL your online pb's cleared?
(212 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG