The online racing simulator
Car volume for individual cars.
In other words, have a general sound volume for the game, then individual volumes for each one of the cars. Who else has jumped from a XRT to the XRR, their hands flailing at the speaker volume control because it was too loud, or vice versa.
+1

i find that switching between the xrt and bf1 is the worst... and having to change the volume can get a little annoying, but an alternative would be to just change the engine sound properties in shift+a.

I had also noticed that in the audio menu, when setting the slider for engine volume to 0, you can still hear the engine when it should be totally muted, could it be a bug?
A general volume slider would already be a major improvement.
#4 - ajp71
What about an auto-leveling general sound slider based on the cars on track and the sound volume output. Having all the cars adjusted the same would just be silly, a small hatchback should not produce the same amount of noise as a Formula 1 car
#5 - heson
While I do like the realism of the current way, my neighbours don't.

And if I adjust all cars to sound as much that realism is thrown out the window anyway.

Q: Is it possible to control sound level from insim? (then I know what my next hack will be)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG