The online racing simulator

Poll : Do you want ALL your online pb's cleared?

Yes, i would not mind that my online pb's are cleared now with the changes in patch Y.
No thanks, please leave my pb's alone!
I want to clear pb's, but i can't speak for others, i can clear my own pb's on lfsworld if i want to
Sod it, delete them all, start afresh.
Only delete those from NIKI !

Nah I don't care, why not delete them if we're unlikely to beat them anyway ?
It MAY be unfair to the people who worked for it, but it will be even more unfair to the people who want a wr or better pb, and cant get it because of track and physics changes. Very unfair IMO, delete them all.

Whether i have no WR, or if i had all of them, new physics.. whats the point in keeping them?
Quote from aoun :It MAY be unfair to the people who worked for it, but it will be even more unfair to the people who want a wr or better pb, and cant get it because of track and physics changes. Very unfair IMO, delete them all.

Whether i have no WR, or if i had all of them, new physics.. whats the point in keeping them?

exactly, they still hold the LFS s2a patch x records and wil never loose them. in the javelin every time the WR strays towards the upper limit of the playing field, they alter the javelin to prevent it being thrown as far and only measure world records with the new javelin, everytime a race track is modified substantially all the track records are reset, the old ones being recorded for posterity
Quote from Victor :Hi all,

This poll is to find out if it's a good idea for me to clear everybody's online pb's.
Thing is, blackwood's size has changed and all cars are a tad slower, so your current pb's might be hard to break.

So there is the option that I clear everybody's online pb's, but doing that feels like a big infringement towards your hard work, so I'd like to know :

Do you want me to clear your online pb's?

edit - an alternative is : you can also clear your own online pb's - i don't necessarily have to do it for you. You can do that on lfsworld : http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=settings (bottom of the page)

Well, victor, I think that the poll numbers have answered your question, but I would also assume that all the WR's are to be cleared as well with the new patch?

RANT:Well, it's like Mario Andretti's record at laguna seca... shure, it's the BEST TIME, but the track alters so much in 30 years, and the cars change a lot, so while it IS still a record, it does not really mean much, and can't be used for acurate comparison purposes unless the event is run with the same driver and car.. but then again, that driver is now also 30 years older, so that plays a factor in as well.
yes, kill the pb's.... kill them with fire
I don`t think that it`s something we can change now. Over 75% of the people that have voted has said yes to remove it. Now the final dessision is up to Victor, but my guess is that they are going to be deleted
Yes.
Please do.
clear the laptimes or mark them
clear the laptimes or mark them as "before" Y...

I am nowhere close at these time, but they help as orientation how wide the gap is and this does´t work when the cars are much slower now and the tracks are more tricky...
Since its most likely going to happen.. hopefully it is done very soon.
I'm going to reset pb's soon. I will only reset pb's that were made before patch Y though, so all pb's made during roughly the last 2 days will stay.

Quote from Victor :I'm going to reset pb's soon. I will only reset pb's that were made before patch Y though, so all pb's made during roughly the last 2 days will stay.

Great news thanks. Yeah i was bit concerned since i like to keep track of my doings, and even if the laptimes arent too good its very nice to be able to race yourself everytime you are online, and hunt for little improvement in pb. Now that i was waiting for them to be cleared, it also made the aspect of racing yourself tad pointless.. well.. anyway.. thanks for the headsup.. and this great sim.
well, they're reset!
Quote from Victor :well, they're reset!

saw that, but now the wr's cannot be seen.... i have a crappy lap in as7@fbm, and it says no wr for this car/track.....

Thanks a lot mate.
Now go and have a happy christmas

Are they gone forever or they will be restored like in someones idea that You were considering ?

But LFS-World still records PB's from older LFS Versions (I tested it with Version W).

Can you change that please ?
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
oh well majority won

At least now we can compare our PB's like in old days, hehe but i worked hard for some of those, nvm, i'll get them again
Quote from Mad Hornet :But LFS-World still records PB's from older LFS Versions (I tested it with Version W).

Can you change that please ?

If you mistakenly use the wrong version and so get a wrong PB, you can delete your own PB at LFS world.

It's not all that easy to make old versions not record PB and it's not clear if that is the right thing to do, specially not when I'm on holiday
Today I made hard work to do some PB-s @ Blackwood. Are they deleted or system is functioning and no more worries ?
I really don't agree with the deleting the pb's at all, I read only a few posts in this thread from people with valid reasons why they want to keep their PB's, I think it was Renku who said that he had every single PB for every combo and it wasn't the actual times he was bothered about, but it was just the achievment of having them all.

I'm not really bothered about mine but I was happy with them to stay, as if they were to fast on certain combos it was easy enough just to delete them, and if I wanted rid of them all i'd just hit the "delete all" button, which was more than sufficient.

I don't see why it had to be done, especcially when you consider the amount of licenced S2 users to the amount of people who voted in this thread. Better still, all those people who voted yes had to do was delete them all themselves.

Do you want ALL your online pb's cleared?
(212 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG