The online racing simulator
somthing like a Miata?
(44 posts, started )
Quote from Fonnybone :I'm not sure why you feel this way. I drive a 2nd gen Miata LS from time
to time, i have it right now (looks outside, mmmmmmmiata ) and i find
it's pretty damn close. Subjective rating is nothing but, well, subjective.
Go do some tests and compare performance result and it's pretty damn
close.

Wow, I couldn't disagree more and the number of handling awards the MX-5 has won would also suggest otherwise. Under no circumstances has my MX-5 been as unstable as the XRGT. There is no comparison.

The MX-5 is a tail happy car but it is also a balanced one that only slides when you want it to, not on almost every turn of the wheel. Put simply, you have to be trying to drift to get an MX-5 to drift whereas the XRGT, like most of the LFS road cars, you spend half your time working to stop it drifting.
Quote from durbster :Wow, I couldn't disagree more and the number of handling awards the MX-5 has won would also suggest otherwise. Under no circumstances has my MX-5 been as unstable as the XRGT. There is no comparison.

The MX-5 is a tail happy car but it is also a balanced one that only slides when you want it to, not on almost every turn of the wheel. Put simply, you have to be trying to drift to get an MX-5 to drift whereas the XRGT, like most of the LFS road cars, you spend half your time working to stop it drifting.

Exactly.. that's what I meant in my previous post, it's very balanced, whereas the XRGT can pretty crazy pretty fast..
I suppose the only MX5s I have seen being driven hard may have been set up for racing use so may have some of the tail happiness taken out of them but I really find it hard to beleive that they're as tail happy as the XRG, which is stupidly tail happy and definatley not a finely balanced small sports car
The miata wouldn't need a class. In auto-x, a miata could beat a corvette at one event, and then a corvette could beat a MR2. etc. auto-x doesn't need classes!
There are a lot of cars I woudl like to see a race prepped spec miata or FFR Cobra would be great. The honda S2000 is also a good choice to model a LFS car around.

As for the LXs and the RAC, with the right set they are a dream. Later after I get home I will post my LX4 and RAC sets for you all to play with and to show you the cars are the dreamlike little sports cars you hoped they would be. Took a long time to sort them out but it was worth it.
Cool, always looking forward to trying new setups.
As promised The Roadsters Unleashed. I will add the LX6 later when I rebuild the set. The RAC is still a little tempermental but much better then it use to be. All will need slight adjustment to camber and tire pressure from track to track. Idealy you want to tires to have even heat at their inside edges and centers at or within 10F above optiimal temps after three laps.
Attached files
LX4_Unleashed.set - 132 B - 1000 views
RA_Unleashed.set - 132 B - 217 views
Was about to go link this thread in the setup forum, but figured I'd leave that to you. (as for all I know, you've already posted it there anyways, etc) Will hopefully try them out shortly.

EDIT-hey Gimpster, you know you're missing an I in your signature? "..Racng Union"
Quote from Tinytacohead :Maybe I've missed the suggestion, or maybe it's already available with the S2 license, but a car much like the 1st generation Mazda Miata.. small, lightweight RWD roadster with, a small displacement, low output, smooth revving powerplant.

to be honest, i think the mx-5 miata (or a clone) just deserves to be in lfs cause it was the most successful roadster ever.
in my opinion...
besides i mostly see one car-class races all the time (on public servers) (serious) mixed car races are pretty rare.

but who am i to argue about that with the devs huh?
Yep, I meant to wiggle that into one of my posts somewhere, and it just never made the leap to the keyboard, lol.. Just don't make it the latest generation of it, haha. (nice car, but..... we won't get into that one, lol)
Quote from Tinytacohead : Was about to go link this thread in the setup forum, but figured I'd leave that to you. (as for all I know, you've already posted it there anyways, etc) Will hopefully try them out shortly.

EDIT-hey Gimpster, you know you're missing an I in your signature? "..Racng Union"

Doh! thanks
np.
Can't beleive I missed that thread!!

How about I yes to add a Miata in LFS Even if the XRG has similar spec... it is too tail happy and has an hardtop At the worst, give me a XRG without a top and SUPER tire
Another miata driver here who would love to see one in LFS! I think, with some improvements to the autox system, we could get an awful lot of autox drivers involved in LFS. And with a car with the specs of a Miata, I think we could pull a few more people in too! Practicing my autox skills at home in the same car I drive out there would be fantastic
#40 - Reed
Wow. I definately would have spoke up on getting a Miata-like car added to LFS years ago had I thought I'd have someone to back up the idea with me. Another "heck yeah" vote from me.

(Having owned two 1st gens, I'm pretty sure I'll never buy another type of car again.)
Apparently, although I have yet to get a test drive, the 3rd gen version is rubbish in comparison - little feel and front end grip so I heard.
Quote from tristancliffe :Apparently, although I have yet to get a test drive, the 3rd gen version is rubbish in comparison - little feel and front end grip so I heard.

Don't believe the hype.

It depends on the one you get, so it seems. The tolerances for setup from Mazda are so vague with the mk3 that it seems to be a matter of luck whether you get a good one or not. There's a story from the Hawaii launch where one journo was complaining about the lack of feel when a Mazda rep told him to take a different car. He came back again saying it was brilliant.
hey, there's always the mkII Ahhh my little baby RX7 Timeless elegance if you ask me, just like the mkI will always be cute, always.
This thread is starting to slip. We can't have that.

If there is one car in LFS and really suprized me in its handeling and shear fun factor it is the XF GTR. It has a just the right combination of weight, power and grip to nmake for some really fun races. I would really like to see in the future, a Front engine, RWD car added which has about the same specs as the XF GTR. I do not care if its a Sedan, Family Coupe (Not a Fastback like the XR) or Roadster like a Miata. An AWD in the same size/weight/power class would also be a great addition for Rallycross. Any car added shoudl have Two trims, street and racce prepped.

somthing like a Miata?
(44 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG