The online racing simulator
Patch Y rocks!
(136 posts, started )
The online racing with Patch Y is better than ever. The added element of unpredictability and added dash of difficulty (slight) are very welcome additions.

Patch Y FTW.
+1

only played it extremely briefly but seems a massive improvement over X. I've been out of LFS for 7 months for various reasons and have missed it loads. This patch is making me more and more excited to get back into LFS in the new year!!! Whoop!
Quote from bluejudas :Now we just need to remove the chase view

-1 as I find it (and the forces view) very useful for seeing which wheels are locking when adjusting brake balance.
I fully agree with the name of this thread, If they can make it anymore realistic they will have to start handing us the keys.
Adding a large F*ck Yeah!!! to the thread. Patch Y rocks big time.
Quote from unseen :Adding a large F*ck Yeah!!! to the thread. Patch Y rocks big time.

+1
#35 - Don
Damn right this patch rocks! The new shifting and clutch is awesome, adds a whole new feel to each of the cars.

Those hating it, simply don't play it. Go play rTractor or something not as good.

Ever since the patch was released I have been waiting to see so many bad posts of people bitching about losing their beloved drifting car, losing setups, car not moving sue to clutch overheated.

Good job theres people still loving it though. Roll on more realism!

/me hands out beers to Y lovers.
No.. Keith Richards on cocaine rocks... Patch Y is allright.
#40 - joen
Signed.
Where's my beer?
Quote from bluejudas :Now we just need to remove the chase view

This is already done. You can start server with force cockpit option. Well, you still have TV views, but I doubt they are considered advantageous to drive in

Great patch towards more realism ! I hoped it would also include force manual clutch as a server option, but ok, this can be done via insim.
One thing that is a bit annoying to me, is that blackwood track changed and lines are not smooth anymore (weird line after T2) and it can be still cheated at T1 (either grass driving on left or "catapult" on the right). I guess we'll get used to it till next patch .

Great job!
Quote :Patch Y - seperates the men from the boys.

I think it should be...

'Patch Y - seperates the people who are willing to give it more than 2 minutes chance from the people who are willing to give it less than 2 minutes chance.'

Great patch btw
COULDNT AGREE MORE..
i didnt like it at first..
but after playing for a bit i realize patch y is actually a HUGE step towards realistic..

THANKS the lfs development team for the christmas present ..
Best thread on the forum. Some dumbasses just can't get used to realism. I don't have a clutch pedal and I'm not having any problems.
Since all the whining thread have this kind of comment I might add one here aswell:

PATCH Y ****ING RULES!!1!1!!!

Thank you.

Edit: Damn I can't even be -ing abusive because of the -ing language filter.
PATCH Y For the wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin

I even gave myself a new sig
A big to the development team. If I ever get the chance to meet up with you guys i'm buying you a beer.

The latest updates in this patch in terms of realism is a step in the right direction and in the long run I know the sim racing community will thank you for at this point in time raising the bar that much further again.

I know many people are struggling with the cars and clutches now but what I have found is if take a step back and throw away some driving habits that have developed over the last couple of years then imagine i'm sitting down in my real car and driving away and racing everything works fine.

Tonight I did a 1 hour LX6 race at Fern Bay and had a grin on my face the entire time. I finished the race with my tyres nicely warm, plenty of fuel left over. My fuel usage was quite low compared to the others racing, we discovered I have an economocial driving style suited to endurance racing. And my clutch was as healthy as when i started off. The entire race I used my G25 with H pattern shifter and manual clutch.

IMO if your having troubles with killing your car and clutch in LFS your doing something very wrong. Just like in the real world you need to show a little mechanical sympathy or else you break stuff. In LFS you press shift + P to pit and fix your car. In the real world you dip into your bank account and buy new parts. When the repairs are free and take no time you tend to go a little crazy.

Something I can't quite put my finger on but I've found all the cars are much easier for me to drive now. By easier I don't mean easier but they are more true to real life then ever before. Something has defintely changed for the better.
#48 - Gizz
ABOUT BLOODY TIME!!!

im sick of all this "NEW PATCH IS CRAP"...

personly i think this is the BIGGEST patch to date in teams of moving on, BLACKWOOD is just awsome now, took some getting used to but BL is fun now and its a LOT more technical...

car phisics? well so far im more than pleased, and im left scratching my head what all this clutch whining is all about, dont put excess pressure on the clutch and its good to go, abuse it well u pay the price,

my score 99% ad only 99 cus i think the rev limiter kicks in a TAD to soon but hey who am i to complain i love it!!!!!!!!!!
arcadenubz driving their bmw1 on auto.
funniest shit ever.

<3patchY<3
#50 - Niku
im from finland i wait at come to finland patc y then i download it :chairfall :margesimp

Patch Y rocks!
(136 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG