The online racing simulator
My thoughts on the new patch.
(137 posts, started )
#51 - joen
Quote from redfoxrick :
I really do hope that something is fixed because it will drive away alot of the fanbase.

The fanbase? If they're such big fans why are they still on the demo?

Quote :If you want to encourage people to buy S2, making the demo crappier isn't going to help.

The demo didn't get crappy, it got better by giving a better, broader impression of LFS. Sure, it will probably drive away a certain type of player, but those were never the type of player LFS was made for.

Quote :
I have mixed feelings about the patch, but the things I don't like are the no reversed maps and the XRT out(on the demo).

As said, there's a simple solution. The demo was never meant to provide anything more than a small taste.

Quote :
Some people just don't have the cash.

Tough. That's not LFS' problem though.
Quote from theycallmeebryan :drive away a lot of fanbase huh..... some fans you are.... never contributing to the development of this game....

The demo has always been TOO GOOD. There has been much talk about this very fact the last couple of months... what other comparable racing sim gives you so much for FREE?

Be happy that you have what you have... it could be MUCH MUCH WORSE.

I totally agree. The demo is too good now aswell. Loads of contest.
While I can somehow understand the demo drifters, I still think, it's a good idea to have the XRT removed. Jusrt look at yourself: You're registered here for a year, and have played the demo propably even longer.

Now I see these longtime demo players like you (allthough, thank god you seem to cease to be one soon) as the kind of people who are unemployed and instead of getting a job, happily exploit the social help they get. Basically, the demo players exploit the devs and us, the paying customers, who made it possible for LfS to get this far.
Quote :Do you agree with what I say about Patch Y?

no

Quote :PS I know people will say "Then just get the full and stop whining" but you have to think critically here and realize what makes a person get S2 and that some people just don't have the cash.

To run smoothy LFS game, the user must have a decent computer. So if the user have bought such a computer, he can afford a S2 license.

I'm also wondering why the cash whiners are all north americans, in the same time I'm seeing lot of east-europe S2 licensed who are fair, polite and speak english better...
#55 - JJ72
If the problem of demo drifters is because they have no money.

than neither having your XRT or FBM is going to earn you anything.

XRT is just an EXCUSE for people not to buy LFS.
so having XRT or not does nothing in relation to their problems, ain't it?

Obvious the old demo wasn't the problem because people were having a great time with it, so if the old demo didn't get people to pitch in during the last 2 to 3 years ,the problem must be demo drifters being poor.

I think as most demo drifters are around 16-18 they will eventually go to work coupe years later, they will save up and the whole situation will be solved.

unless most of the demo drifters never wanted to pay for anything and expect everything to be a free download.
I don't get it, how the F*** can u say that the demo is too good?
3cars and 1 track isn't very much for a demo user, even though many demos just have 1car and 1track. I was gonna buy an S2 License but now that you removed the XRT from the demo, i can't help but to feel bad about that many demo users can't afford to buy it. So there wont be any license for me now. maybe when S3 is released.
Personally i don't think LFS is the best racing sim out there anymore..
Most people don't understand what the demo version is meant for. The demo is just a "hey, take a look at this and think of what you will get in S2". But the worst thing is that demo players think that they should be listened, when the only thing they want is to have the demo version as they would like it so they don't have to buy a license.

With the demo as it's right now you get enough feel of what LFS is about: racing and racing. You have a FWD, a RWD and a low-powered single-seater able for beginners. You have one asphalt track and one rallyX one. Drifting? This game does not pursues drifting simulation, but racing simulation. It just happens that when achieving good physics the possibility of drifting comes by itself.

The demo version is much better now. If demo drifters don't like it, it will be all good if they're gone. I knew I wanted an S2 license after just driving the XFG at BL1.
#58 - joen
Quote from daanroof : I was gonna buy an S2 License but now that you removed the XRT from the demo, i can't help but to feel bad about that many demo users can't afford to buy it.

My god, I can't understand people like you!

Stop the "oh the poor demo players that have no money" excuse, I'm getting sick of it. If you don't have money to buy a game, don't you think then that is the least of your problems? Get of your lazy frecking ass and get a job! Jeez.

Very little in this world comes for free, deal with it! If one can't afford LFS, then that's tough, but it's NOT LFS's problem, it's not here to please as many people as possible for free.

you're acting like the devs are being cruel for REPLACING (not removing!) content in the FREE demo.
Quote from daanroof :I don't get it, how the F*** can u say that the demo is too good?
3cars and 1 track isn't very much for a demo user, even though many demos just have 1car and 1track. I was gonna buy an S2 License but now that you removed the XRT from the demo, i can't help but to feel bad about that many demo users can't afford to buy it. So there wont be any license for me now. maybe when S3 is released.

loll ! let me lought a lot XD you say "i don't think LFS is the best racing sim out there anymore" what type of noob you are ??? you play the demo its a preview of the full game in evry demo game you get 1 thing

in bf2142 you get only 1 map
in hl2 demo you get 2 map
in nfsu2 you get 2 car i think and 3 challenge i think
you cant say its not the best cuz its the only one real racing car simulation so go get yourself !
Quote from daanroof :I don't get it, how the F*** can u say that the demo is too good?

i'd be interested to know which one you think is the best, obviously it has to be a free demo as otherwise you'd have paid when this was the best.
Quote from daanroof :feel bad about that many demo users can't afford to buy it.

they have a computer ? an Home ? Internet? telephone ? THEY CANT HAVE 24£ ITS R.I.D.I.C.U.L.O.U.S let me lought a lot... they need to be financed to buy the game or what ?
i really agree with this thread!!!!
i agree that Y pactch have good updates, but for demo drifters this patch killed all the fun because dumbs removed XR GT Turbo from demo and putted some crappy bmw "formula" shit car..

as a demo player i refuse this game untill they will recover xr gt!
#63 - Gunn
Quote from Stnmtz :

Ok, bye.
Quote from Stnmtz :i really agree with this thread!!!!
i agree that Y pactch have good updates, but for demo drifters this patch killed all the fun because dumbs removed XR GT Turbo from demo and putted some crappy bmw "formula" shit car..

STILL ON X GOD DAMN did you get a brain ? and why calling them dumb ? they gived to you a lot of pleasure your soo stupid .... respect is the key of relationship
Quote from Gunn :Ok, bye.

i dont fully agree of your reaction but all demo racer crying and they dont use their brain soo i agree of your reaction
#66 - Gunn
Quote from lfs-drift staff :i dont fully agree of your reaction but all demo racer crying and they dont use their brain soo i agree of your reaction

Meh, what else can we say? The devs aren't going to change their minds just because a person who doesn't even own the game disagrees with the direction LFS has taken. Ultimatums from demo users won't change anything. I hope they buy a license and join us in the full LFS S2. But not all demo users are complaining or making demands. There are many thousands of them, but only a handful complaining.
#67 - joen
Quote from Stnmtz :i really agree with this thread!!!!

I guess it's going to be a long wait for you then. Then again, seeing how long you have been playing the demo you weren't exactly in a hurry to buy a license anyway.
Quote from redfoxrick :If you want to encourage people to buy S2, making the demo crappier isn't going to help.

I personally am about to get S2, so I'm not over-devastated.

seems to have worked on you
Quote from joen :I guess it's going to be a long wait for you then. Then again, seeing how long you have been playing the demo you weren't exactly in a hurry to buy a license anyway.

agree
I saw the link you gave to the RR forum... Complaining about the FOX (as if there were no more cars) and then blaming the FBM like "we don't need more formula cars" when the FBM is an sponsor too, the devs got money for getting it there, and IMO it's a great addition to the Demo and also you complain about false gearboxes when you are using Auto Gears. And the comment about gearboxes in general did not get it.

Quote :What a great idea, lets put racing cars in LFS and then totally forget about what a real racing cars gearbox does, whoever came up with that needs a pat on the back.

Offcourse you know nothing on how racing gearboxes work. Neither stocks. Your manual gearbox goes slower because most cars from the game are H shaped, so you have to gear slowly from one to the other, as on a real H shaped gearbox, or else you'd have an advantage on G25ers and Hshifters
#72 - wien
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :http://www.team-redline.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=855.0

What I see in that thread is a bunch of people so set in their ways that any change would most likely piss them off, regardless of how good it was. I also can't see anyone backing up WHY the changes are bad with any kind of fact. The only argument is that it's different. Well boo hoo.

How about you all step out of your comfort zone and try something OTHER than FOX on Aston Club? This kind of thing has happened before and will continue happen as LFS evolves. The most popular combos are ever changing. At one point MRT on SO Classic was the big one, GTRs at Aston National was (and still is) big, now it's FOX at Aston Club.

If your combo of choice is no longer fun, find another one! Is trying something different really that freaking scary?
Oh dear.
Well well. I see everyone here is having a bash at the devs re. the new update. So here is mine.

LFS was a good racing sim, infact it was the best. Notice the use of the word 'was' there. that is purposeful.

Don't get me wrong, a lot of the changes in patch Y are good. However, I really struggle to see the reason why the following 3 changes were made:

Quote : Gear change auto throttle cut and blip options removed

Removed digital speedo option - now depends on type of car

Right there alone, the 3 best features of the game have been removed.

I play mostly on cruise servers, in 3rd person view and I use a gamepad, so I'm at a big disadvantage now.

It seems that the game is now heavily biased towards those with racing wheels and you may as well not play the game if you don't have a G25.

What the ****.
Quote from janipewter :I play mostly on cruise servers, in 3rd person view and I use a gamepad, so I'm at a big disadvantage now.

#75 - joen
And why exactly did you think that your views could not simply be posted in on of the other existing threads about the same subject?

My thoughts on the new patch.
(137 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG