The online racing simulator
This patch is bad
(249 posts, started )
I had a good laugh reading this thread - I mean, seriously

I am not a good drifter nor drift much usually, but I managed to do drifts easily during the test-patch period. So whine off and go learn how to drive if you can't manage.
-
(joen) DELETED by joen
Quote from Bogey Jammer :I've got a Nissan 300ZX twin-turbo, just restored the engine to normal condition and planned to use it to a track when I'll put adequate brakes to it.

It's not for competition and less demanding than drifting, but in my case my car will run on a track, that's how I make my dream come true

i gonne buy an eclipse gsx 95 turbo expensive? not realy 6000$can and when i will get my car i will go to montreal (in quebec) for drifting into a closed track soo never forget ... only dreams can still you alive !
Flatshifting is simply shifting without using the clutch.
Quote from Dannz :Flatshifting is simply shifting without using the clutch.

While keeping throttle down all time.
"Flatshifting is simply shifting without using the clutch."
Every time I tried to do that in lfs, it went into (-) gear and i revved with no connection, was there a way around this?
I think a big help to these flatshifting people, would be a demonstration that flatshifting only adds a slight advantage when shifting to up to 2nd gear. Other than that(plus cool factor or chirping the tires), its just a waste of clutch.
Quote from J@tko :Why don't demo drifters just use the XRG?

I personally think that the engine is too weak, not many cars that drifts has a 140bhp engine..
Quote from JTbo :While keeping throttle down all time.

Well Ive learnt something new today.
Quote from daanroof :I personally think that the engine is too weak, not many cars that drifts has a 140bhp engine..

why not ? you dont need 300bhp engine for drift
driving skills can fix this problem
Quote from Bogey Jammer :Isn't it an AWD

of course but whit a 80/20 rear/front transmission its funny like a lancer evo 8
Quote from Dannz :Well Ive learnt something new today.

But also they actually use clutch there too as without clutch it would not take gear in, I'm perhaps bit tired again as I did not managed to spot that earlier
Quote from ArSk4 :Yes, the clutch burns, tires pop too early, and the digital speedometer is gone :'(. I can barely see the numbers on the speedo now

Do You Need A Digital Speedo To be Good ? i guess no... i never watch my speedo i just know aprrox what is my speed when i see each corner coming
First of all, flatshifting in real life is still something different then on LFS.

Flatshifting on LFS => Trothle down, clutch down and shift
Real life =>Trothle down, shift

I think the flatshifting in LFS is heavier on the clutch because it isn't implented yet because there isn't any gearbox damage.

Seriously, if you are having problems with clutch heat, I just can't wait when engine heating and transmission damage is inserted.
so its bacsically extreme powershifting with no clutching, geez that is so stupid. I shifted just like that before, because i could. But i can also drive a manual IRL so driving it on my g25 is relatively easy, it just heats up too fast.
Quote from JTbo :But also they actually use clutch there too as without clutch it would not take gear in, I'm perhaps bit tired again as I did not managed to spot that earlier

I tought you just needed to wait for the exact RPM and shift into next gear ? If it fails, it just gives some grinding noises.
I just spent quite few laps testing cars and flatshifting.. i ran RAC, XRT, LX6 and FZ5.. i was flatshiftin all the time.. on autoclutch.. and the clutch barely heated.. so it obviously dont prevent flatshifting after all.. *Scrathes head*

EDIT:Not to mention the shifting speed was as fast as with lifting..
Quote from Dillyracer :I tought you just needed to wait for the exact RPM and shift into next gear ? If it fails, it just gives some grinding noises.

Not the case with flatshifting, but with clutchless shifts with matching revs you are right.
Quote from JTbo :Not the case with flatshifting, but with clutchless shifts with matching revs you are right.

Oh, I mixed those 2 up then
^^^Go buy Live for Drift or Drift for speed

I find the clutch easy to use once you get used to it. My clutch temp hardly ever gets into the red, usually just a tiny bit of orange.

This patch is staying right here so deal with it.

EDIT: Most road cars don't have digital speedos so they removed this option to make it more realistic
IF you can't keep a simple clutch from overheating then you really have some problems with your driving skill

Lift off - And Upshift , It's not that bloody hard!!!!!

I've had the patch for about a week and a half now and only burned 1 clutch from about 600 miles of driving!
Its funny how only people who cant drive say this. I havent got a problem atall with it, i dont burn my clutch, Yes i dont drive in r/l, im not old enough, but i know how to, thus i dont burn the clutch
I really hope they don't change anything.

This patch has really upped the realism and apart from the removal of the XRT (which everyone knew would make people cry)

The rest of it is great, the rev meters are actually at realistic levels, the clutch is like a real clutch, the gears are better, everything in general is better.

If you have a problem with the patch, it's not the patch's fault. It's yours.
Quote from danben7 :I really hope they don't change anything.

This patch has really upped the realism and apart from the removal of the XRT (which everyone knew would make people cry)

The rest of it is great, the rev meters are actually at realistic levels, the clutch is like a real clutch, the gears are better, everything in general is better.

If you have a problem with the patch, it's not the patch's fault. It's yours.

Agreee
i em mostly a drifter and i love the new patch, its a good step towards realism and thats what this sim is all about, isnt it?

and i dont get how you can burn the clutch that quickly i havent burned it once (except on purpose)

This patch is bad
(249 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG