The online racing simulator

Poll : Do you want ALL your online pb's cleared?

Yes, i would not mind that my online pb's are cleared now with the changes in patch Y.
No thanks, please leave my pb's alone!
I want to clear pb's, but i can't speak for others, i can clear my own pb's on lfsworld if i want to
Quote from DarkTimes :I say clear! A fresh start is always good.

You only dont mind because you can get them back easy
please only clear my blackwood pb's please not my other's
Yes of course, it has no sense keeping them. Besides if you did an excellent lap time and you are an excellent driver, you can do it again
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I wasn't fighting for my position in 950 combo club for nothing.

I want my pb's to stay !!!!

There is no need to ask. PBs online means nothing if there are physics changes, so I can't see a reason to keep them further
I just made all 1040 PB-s and now they are all gone . Lots of nolifing again.

BUT SOME PB_s I made are in the tespatch time so why delete them.
clear the pb's, but not the kms or laps done in every track/car
I've already seen lots of complaining like "I can't reach my PB anymore, this patch sucks!!!111!!!11!", so a complete clear would stop this
I reached some of my PB easily. Yesterday I made UF1@BL1R PB and why do I need to delete it ? (done with X38).
Quote from mutt107 :please only clear my blackwood pb's please not my other's

There are physics changes too, no matter what lap time you did, now you can't compare with any other, and no one can ever know which LFS version you were playing on that lap.
All PBs online previous to patch Y are fakes, and the only way to know that all current PBs are actual, is deleting them all...

Quote from okijuhans :I reached some of my PB easily. Yesterday I made UF1@BL1R PB and why do I need to delete it ? (done with X38).

Just becouse there is no way to know that you really did it with X38. Deleting all PBs solves this problem and, in my opinion, deleting PBs online should be a lot less controversial than deleting HVLC times...
i dont understand why you want to keep yopur old PB's :P, they are supossed to be there as a benchmark for every combo, so now that the game is pretty much different there's no meaning on keeping old PB's.
Voted yes.

edit: it will be good if we can have the laps done cleared too... at least in blackwood and SO(since they have mor bumps and BL is very changed now)
Quote from anibarro :Just becouse there is no way to know that you really did it with X38. Deleting all PBs solves this problem and, in my opinion, deleting PBs online should be a lot less controversial than deleting HVLC times...

I would say quite the contrary. While WR's are really a benchmark, and an official one at that, PB's mean nothing or very little at best but can be important in different ways for different people (I mostly mean sentimental value).

And using PB's for league qualification is useless, as you can set up your own private server using an old version, in which you can go faster than now and set yourself an unfair new PB. Oh, forget that. Just set up a server with a TWEAKable or SlickModdable version of LFS and enjoy your server#1 place for your next league race. Or bump draft with a friend. Or set high wind and wait for it to blow in a direction that would overall improve your laptime. Or... etc. etc.

Deleting now would also be unfair for those who want to have a PB for every combo, like the 950 (soon 1040) combo club members.
those are the risks of doing hat kind of things in a game in development
I think both WR's and PB's are useless if we have changes on the physics O_o, like a benchmark from a diferent game
At least save the number of laps driven on that said combo. Other than that...
Did everyone miss what Franke said?

"
If someone keeps using the old version, will that still put PB's on LFS World?

It really shouldn't, cos then it will all be useless anyways, lfs world should NOT accept PB from anything but Patch Y, and onwards...

Kind regards
Franke"

I voted yes myself,

THE ABOVE SHOULD BE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT!
If you upload a hotlap that isn`t of version Y, it will tell you that it is wrong version.
At least did it when you tried to upload a W version replay when the updated version was X.
Quote from maczo :I would say quite the contrary. While WR's are really a benchmark, and an official one at that, PB's mean nothing or very little at best but can be important in different ways for different people (I mostly mean sentimental value).

I said that HVLC could be more controversial becouse people used to put their best effort on HVLC, and, as you said, PBs means almost nothing.

Quote from maczo :
Deleting now would also be unfair for those who want to have a PB for every combo, like the 950 (soon 1040) combo club members.

The same goes to those who made all HVLC combos...
What's the point of keeping PB's that were gained with old Physics? Delete the lot
Just throwing idea, didn't think this through...

Would members of 1040 club be happy if PBs are replaced with 60:00:00 rather then deleting them? Only to keep track which combos are done before. That is, if it's possible for Victor to do that.

I mean, if only requirement for that club is to have them all, then times don't matter. If there's a competition of sorts among them (grand totals of all or just comparing individual ones), then they'd want them deleted anyway and make new ones that are more meaningful?
just to be clear as this issue has come up a couple of times - this thread is only about clearing pb's. Lap counts are not affected!
Before I even looked at the Flag next to his name I had a feeling Victor was dutch... for some reason.

That was random
No thanks, please leave my pb's alone!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG