The online racing simulator
More suspension/tyre damage
(9 posts, started )
Hi,

May be its dicussed already, but still I think damage should be greater. The thing is, that especialy in Fearn Bay there ar a lot of turns, which you can cut by going even on a gras and jumping a bit. So while racing, and making such small but hard jumps for smth like 12 or 15 times suspension should get a bit of damage, or atleast if you bump hard the tyre should blow. its stil a rubber so if you land on one or two wheels on a hard surface and the tyre pressure is not big enouth the tyre deformates and can easyly be cuted in by a metal rim.
Quote from kABLiuks :Hi,

May be its dicussed already, but still I think damage should be greater. The thing is, that especialy in Fearn Bay there ar a lot of turns, which you can cut by going even on a gras and jumping a bit. So while racing, and making such small but hard jumps for smth like 12 or 15 times suspension should get a bit of damage, or atleast if you bump hard the tyre should blow. its stil a rubber so if you land on one or two wheels on a hard surface and the tyre pressure is not big enouth the tyre deformates and can easyly be cuted in by a metal rim.

Damage is ok. Maybe there should be more bumps in the grass.
Tyre model isn't finished. I hope there can be flats like you described in some future patch.

I can just image the whining that will cause.
I think simple temporary fix would be simply making the suspension damage like 200% more severe than it is now. Would probably need lots of testing and stuff but that would be basic idea - the damage is already there, it's just not enough punishing.
The third thing I ever did in LFS, after spinning out an XFG in BL car park and immediately buying a license, was trying to burst a tire by flogging a car on every part of every track in the game...
I was disapointed because it seemed a simple enough thing to implement as every other simple feature/model already in the game.
Quote from deggis :I think simple temporary fix would be simply making the suspension damage like 200% more severe than it is now. Would probably need lots of testing and stuff but that would be basic idea - the damage is already there, it's just not enough punishing.

Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Armco of Sudden Death attacks South City!

Seriously though, the suspension in LFS can take a very bad beating without much damage. You can cut pretty much any corner as long as it doesn't have armco or the red and white Barriers of Interstellar Travel.

Since the damage model is incomplete and nursing your car such a big part of racing, I believe we will see all this implemented in the future.
Well, they are.
Yep.. need more REALISTIC damage
Like..
BF1
300 km/h
In the wall down hill on BL1
Smash!
Little front damage...

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG