The online racing simulator
You know you're a long time LFS player if u can remember...

Finishing the race at BL, crossing the finish line, making a hard left and jumping the pit lane wall and fence and landing on your wheels in pit lane
Quote from [DUcK] :So you're the n00b who brought drifting into LFS?

Yup. One of the offending parties :S

SORRY EVERYONE!!
If you can find the video it's called LFS Dift Volume 1.avi
Yes I'm pretty sure it has the spelling mistake. I've looked around but all mirrors of the video are dead. The video is from 2003. As far as we know the first ever LFS drift video.
Quote from senn :You know you're a long time LFS player if u can remember...
- That LFS only had one track and 3 cars
- You had to earn credits to unlock the XRG and XRT
- The XRT had 6 gears
- You could adjust wheel track in pit

Failed already in the first post.

Majority called it the GTT, not XRT. I still prefer GTT.

How about jumping the curb leading from pitlane onto the track on Blackwood.

For a good time at Blackwood, between the corner after the long straight and the S-curves you had to run way out into the grass and through the orange cones.

Octagonal wheels because of a setting that appeared would be better one way, when it was the opposite that was better.

Can't remember a whole bunch because I was only demo, and only for 2 months before S2 demo was released. Then bought a license on S2 full release.
... when mirrors displayed names in reverse
... when SO Chicane was a lot nastier.
... when I was the v-bookie champ on RSC, and was going to win (iirc) an S2 license. Then, they reset it :sob:
18 sec laps in demo way back then
You know you're a long time LFS player if you ...

... Have skins like these lying around:
Attached images
FXO_CRT_83.jpg
FXO_WRT OSIRIS.jpg
FXO_ZT_Krani_2.jpg
FXONICOxygene.jpg
LX6_SCRc.jpg
RB4_BSK_Busta.jpg
XFGTI_OCR06.jpg
XR_GT_Moby.jpg
XR_MR BSmith.jpg
Quote from felplacerad :You know you're a long time LFS player if you ...

Now thats some Nostalgia
Quote from rich uk :And Mr.X's 30 minute video of lfs including drag racing, loud sound systems and racing incidents (link anyone?):bowdown:

Was going to say that. I'm making a link now, as it is the most memorable video to date and shows many of the things talked about in this thread.

Stated playing myself @ version 0.1B, though I'm haven't been very active the past few months. Trying to change that.
Quote from felplacerad :You know you're a long time LFS player if you ...

Hey... My skins STILL look a lot like that!!!
fastest GTI setup were slammed to the ground, and the track is widened at max. hehe omg what i have done with my life
how come no one mention: Andre's original LFS league?

I think LFS is the first racing game where there's a league when it's still in demo stage?
I was looking through some disks today and came across LFS 0.1P with Fonnybone,s PowerMod so that was me busy for a few hours.

One for the aussies, being wrecked by Gazzz

I also remember goop being banned from RSC
Ok, here is the link to The Zone - a 30 min long video dedicated to the early days of LFS. All credits to the original maker, I'm simply making a link.

Download - 160MB Will stay as long as bandwidth doesn't go crazy...
i actually still have the trailer for that video

@LFSn00b done.
Quote from tailing :One for the aussies, being wrecked by Gazzz

I also remember goop being banned from RSC

Banned?! The mod told me it was a 'one week holiday' :yipee: and to think, all this time I felt special. Totally Rotary's fault, BTW
Quote from Don :if you remember the old hotlap chart
http://web.archive.org/web/200 ... ts.com/top10blckwdgti.htm

I cant believe Im on that lol, *nostalgic sigh* remember when the replay format was .gst

Remember when the pit exit on Blackwood joined the track halfway along the start finish. After races people would gather on the tarmac section just beyond it. I remember thinking when we got the new pitlane, where are people going to gather?

Heres an old pic of it, I cant remember the details but I know the number of racers had just been increased so the endurance league had a test race.
Attached images
EnduLeagueFunRace1.jpg
#118 - thd
Quote from mantis9 :Heres an old pic of it, I cant remember the details but I know the number of racers had just been increased so the endurance league had a test race.

Good times
The tyres were colored bright grey.
LOL Kidcodea, he didnt last very long on CTRA... 3 days i think before he was banned ROFL
Yeah sure Scawen, like you have any idea what LFS was from the beginning :rolleyes:

E: Awesome video, btw!
Quote from Scawen :...the Westlife video

You've got to be kidding me

edit: just watched the vid, wow LFS has come a long way, and you can't beat a bit of Sabbath. Is it too late to vote for bringing that tree at the chicane back into the game ?
When you could save a fraction by slipping between the cones on the left as you entered the 'esses' in the middle sector, and when you had to go all the way around the outside of the ones under the bridge after right hander in the final sector to be competitive.
#125 - Don

You know you're a long time LFS player if u can remember...
(280 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG