The online racing simulator
Quote from tristancliffe :Did you all know we've been training Jeff up wrong, as a joke?

Bit of a Wimp Lo off of Kung Pow?

And yes, I'm in for no more locked diffs.
Signed.
another petition? I've got to try X37 before I sign it.
me IN!
Flatshifting and specially Loked Diffs are the SPAWN OF SATAN!!!
Locked diff - do not want
Flatshifting - makes baby Jeebus cry

+1
It would force the development of non locked diff setups, that can only be a good thing

+1 but also need max preload brought down as well otherwise pointless
I'm not brainy enough to know what I'm signing but I love a good bandwagon - count me in.

I also believe that immigrants get free luxury flats and mobile phones, and pakis are nicking our jobs, and that Islamic terrorists are jealous of our freedoms.
locked diff rocks
Quote from thisnameistaken :I'm not brainy enough to know what I'm signing but I love a good bandwagon - count me in.

I also believe that immigrants get free luxury flats and mobile phones, and pakis are nicking our jobs, and that Islamic terrorists are jealous of our freedoms.

/thread
I really am not concerned what diff people use, and nobody else should be either.

Scawen has made the option available it will be up to him if stays or goes, really does locked diff hurt anyone but the user?

Please please stop these threads, and can we stop pushing opinions .

If i want i will ask for it.
Quote from richo :and nobody else should be either.

I can be concerned with what I please, thanks.

I suspect you have no idea what the problem really is, or you wouldn't post such crap.

Quote :really does locked diff hurt anyone but the user?

I'm sure you enjoyed the high nose exploit too right? I'm sure you long for the glory days of LFS where downforce cars went around pointing into space?

Quote :Please please stop these threads, and can we stop pushing opinions .

No. There's nothing wrong with trying to eliminate exploits from the sim to make the experience more true to life. In fact, you might take note that it's not really based on opinion, but rather fact.
Quote from Baby Tristancliffe :
Did you all know we've been training Jeff up wrong, as a joke?

Quote from 1337 Ball Bearing Turbo ::jawdrop:

Hold on... Let me get up off the floor.. LOL.

Denied.
Actually i dont use either ,and i still dont want you to push whats right or wrong . Your a guy that sits at a little wheel clamped to a little desk the same as myself...

I beleive a Scawen and Co have a way better idea of what they want than you, me or the rest of us, and thats what i have been saying all along.

Now pull your head in...
#41 - JTbo
Petitions are worthless, anyone with even half brain will ignore them, so sure I sign for sake of realism and exploit prevention
-
([DUcK]) DELETED by [DUcK]
I agree, the locked differential should be removed. It doesn't really exist in RL.
Quote from ajp71 :I do not believe either that any FWD or 4WD (except possibly on the rear wheels) car has ever used a locked diff in circuit racing, which hasn't resulted either in something breaking, a prompt realisation that it's useless.

does this count ?
http://www.redrc.net/wp-conten ... ds/2007/02/960-07lr-1.jpg
locked on the front and the back wheels (since this is a physics discussion and this pic is the closest this thread has gotten to having some todd in it youll have to accept the entry)
oddly enough the reason why these cars run locked diffs is because a real diff would most likely break from the stress

wheres your todd now ?
Yes it does actually.
denied

i dont know whats the use of lockd diff... i dont want to read that thread cuz i dont understand a word of technical issues of cars, but i know that locked diffs help me to be fast with XFR
#46 - JTbo
Quote from Shotglass :does this count ?
http://www.redrc.net/wp-conten ... ds/2007/02/960-07lr-1.jpg
locked on the front and the back wheels (since this is a physics discussion and this pic is the closest this thread has gotten to having some todd in it youll have to accept the entry)
oddly enough the reason why these cars run locked diffs is because a real diff would most likely break from the stress

wheres your todd now ?

I know few drift/fun cars that run with welded diff as stock differential would not take all that stress, but those are not best going around track, inner wheel starts to 'skip' on tight turns, so one have to slide more or less trough corners. Also if one can't get tail bit out it will go straight until one gets tail out or stopped.
Quote from wheel4hummer :I agree, the locked differential should be removed. It doesn't really exist in RL.

Actually it does exist. You can get solid differential center's that remove the weak spider gears and provide full lock up.

Also locked diffs are sometimes used in circuit racing. In Australia the (i think) team Suzuki Swift GTI's used to run a locked diff on a front wheel drive car as there was no limited slip differential option AFAIK and it was faster then running an open diff.

Australian V8 Super cars also run a locked differential. That's Australia's biggest racing series!
I think that removing it completely is wrong, but maybe it can be removed from cars that does not use it in real races:

for example fv8, bf1 and rwd gt classes (not fwd ones)

In fwd race cars i have heard that is used sometime.
I'd have to say I'm out on this one. I am opposed to using the locked diff myself, but if any body else is or feels inclined to use it then so be it, I would rather not stop them. The locked diff does have some uses.
#50 - Ospi
not signging, nothing wrong with it for people who drag or drift, not to mention some large real life series still use it. Besides no way will he remove it due to some petition.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG