The online racing simulator
S3 will be out in 2006!!
(30 posts, started )
S3 will be out in 2006!!
Well, looks like the guys at GameSPot have some hardcore inside information.

Quote :Live for Speed S3
Major upgrade to already great Live for Speed S2.

it's all here: http://www.gamespot.com/forums ... sgs.php?topic_id=24145969

Made me laugh, really did (i'm not saying it wouldn't be nice to have S3 in 2k6, but it's totaly unrealistic)
Seems like gamespot forgot to mention this release plan to S/E/V, because they havent even finished S2 yet!

I would be happy with a S2 final release in 2006
It would be realistic to expect S2 in 2007, imho.
Maybe the devs skip S2 and release S3 this year
Final 2006 - S2 Beta
Final 2007 - S2 Full
Final 2010 - S3 (edit tracks/cars...maybe?)
It's only a forum post over there. Nothing to even think about.
Quote from GP4Flo :Maybe the devs skip S2 and release S3 this year

Sshhh! Insider info, top secret!

It's done, when it's done! And when it's done, I can also turn on windshield wipers and adjust side mirrors in addition to the turn signals illepall *dreams on*
Maybe it's the Xbox version...
Quote from Clownpaint :I'll be around 21 by the time S3 is out.

Ah i see, so you're 15 at the moment?
its probably just a mistake..

should probably read

Live for Speed S2
Major upgrade to already great Live for Speed S1.
lol it is a mistake, thats why its funny
For what it's worth, i think S2(final) will be out in 2006, S3 probably not
before 2008.
You know.. there actually must be S3 soon.. or there will be fewer patches.. I mean, it's "Q" already, not many letters left until "Z"
Quote from Messiah :You know.. there actually must be S3 soon.. or there will be fewer patches.. I mean, it's "Q" already, not many letters left until "Z"

S2 Alpha = LFS 0.5
S2 Final = LFS 0.6

SO we'll have plenty of room for patches once the final is out. It could even be that Alpha = 0.5 until the next incompatible physics patch, when it will be 0.6, and then S2 final which will be 0.7, so until S3 we'll have at least 3*26 patches left (if S3 alpha is released like S2 alpha).

On the other hand... WHY do you think Scawen released the language patches? Just so he could start using cyrillic characters for the versions of course
Actually, if it's final, it will be 1.0. 0.6 could be beta release. Or we have 0.5 alpha, then they could go 0.5 beta and start 0.6 alpha........
I always thought that we'd see 0.5 Alpha, then 0.6 S2 Final. Then we might get 0.9 S3 Alpha followed by 1.0 S3 Final = LFS Final.
And v1.1 would be...

(but yeah, I agree with you on that Tristan, just like v0.2 was a precursor to S1).
Quote from tristancliffe :I always thought that we'd see 0.5 Alpha, then 0.6 S2 Final. Then we might get 0.9 S3 Alpha followed by 1.0 S3 Final = LFS Final.

Yes, but when the whole language patches thing came to an end Scawen mentioned starting work on a large (incompatible) patch to solve some of the bigger physics bugs... So that leads me to believe the initial release pattern of 0.3, 0.6, and 1.0 might be changed to 0.3, 0.7, 1.0... Basically that fits it better as well, because S1 was actually 33% of LFS, S2 66% (which rounds up to 0.7) and S3 100% done.

Either way, we're not at S3 stage yet, and I have a feeling that what we currently have will turn out to be only about 40% of what eventually will be S3.
Yeah, and then we could start waiting the LFS 2 S1...
I typed up there under the assumption that S1 final was 1.0. Was it not? I never had S1 until the week of S2. Then I only had it for a week until the next pay when another $22 got me S2. Usually, that's how it goes, 0.1, 0.2..... then 1.0 final. Patch fixes after final would be 1.1...1.2... So I assumed we had S1 1.0 and S2 is different, so we are at 0.5 stage and final would be S2 1.0. And S3 same.....
S1 was 0.3, S2 will be 0.6, S3 will be 1.0

At the moment, as we are at Alpha stage (pre S2) we are at 0.5Q. The next big patch (unless it becomes Final) will almost certainly be 0.5R.
#23 - MR_B
So... what do you think of S34? so many thousands of cars to choose from...illepall

Will all hotlaps and WR's be valid for all the S2 patches? Or could it be valid for one patch then not for another? or....?
Hotlaps and replays are valid only within 'compatible patches'. So, if there is a physics update, or anything that might render the replay/recording engine obsolete, then they won't work.
And by the sounds of it, a physics update is on the to do list for the next patch, which is awsome, but the hotlaps will probably be reset, which to me is also awsome, I will have half a chance at em again

S3 will be out in 2006!!
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG