The online racing simulator
Wall Riding
...at least two incarnations of the "You're playing too much LFS if..." threads
...the carnage that erupted when the ultra-stabilised keyboard help was taken away
...RSC was still our home, including all the constant quarrels with the rFactor subsection
...the time when Scawen got pissed off at a few Brazilian businessmen (hi Speed Soro )
I remember NEEDING a new PC just to be able to have more than my XFG on track, been through a fair few since then..

Mentioning skidmarks.. anyone remember...

...rikk
First time Phlos and Kid got Banned :ices_rofl
When I tried LFS for the first time with a P2 300MHz / voodoo2 and it ran fine iirc
Miami was a selectable track. Or at least it was for licensed peeps.

I found LFS after EA shut down MCO as well. So there you go.
Quote from Yiots :What a coinsidence... I had just ended my Racer fetish when I found LFS. Ofcourse LFS is wholly better in all terms, as Racer is open source for the community to mod, if Im not mistaken.

You're not the only ex-Racer fan here. Development continues to crawl along, and though Racer's graphics still look pretty good, it's outdated in the physics department and in gameplay.

It never was open source, but all cars and tracks were made by the community. The moddability was its strongpoint -- until rFactor came.
#34 - senn
Quote from Dajmin :Miami was a selectable track. Or at least it was for licensed peeps.

wait....what..miami...whats all this then :P
Quote from Fordman :First time Phlos and Kid got Banned :ices_rofl

WUAAHAHAHAAAA!!!
best post in this thread!!!

And its from Fordie!! Now thats oldschool

Miami Vice btw. (but was it ever drivable in a public version?)
LFSTweak worked on any server and people could do less than 20 second lap times in the XFG around Blackwood.
#37 - senn
i can remember pre tweak, using hex values, someone (whos name i won't mention) taught me how now i hear the big thing is editing the cheat protection so it thinks u aren't cheating then editing the values.....all a bit much effort if u ask me :P
Quote from tristancliffe :Halos around the brake lights

It was a nice effect. I don't know why it was removed.

I remember that very long time ago, only axes X and Y has been recognised during controllers set up. I was using DualShock then and was not able to map its second stick as gas/brake.
Quote from ORION :but was it ever drivable in a public version?

If it was I must've missed out on it
When I was among the top on Netikka 3 with Parri, admkirk, oxygene, Plasticsys (yes I know he spells his own nickname wrong), tuhud, tuke, palukka, Jacques and actually quite a few others that I most likely have forgotten. I don't even remember Da Hoe...
... Some of the earliest mods at RSC, Bnito, Jens H. Kruuse, RodeoSheep, thd, Mbrio

other early members and teams like Vari, SpiderX, Nosispower, domin8r, scirocco, Devil007, orion, all the GM team, da hoe, jay... Hoffman's GTI only, then boomerang rapido, the first ever team ?? Apex Racing Team "ART",

some fast guys like Palluka, arrechee, Chaz the fastest austral player on the time, Fab the french speaking belgian, oh! Noobs in crime, Rob, Rich_uk the official village idiot..., niels at home (niels heusinkveld here) was already very critic in 2002 LOL, M.Mos, the XRG king when s1 first came out, J. Gent and many many others that i sure forgot, and others i won't comment because they are still active here.

Now some of the best moments in LFS off topic history:
- Kevomzency's broke collarbone
- Dolemite's Live for Speed RAP

Unhackable, uncrackable
Trying to break LFS?
That be laughable!

Tried to crack LFS, now don't you look dumb
Crackin' LFS is one thing that ain't happenin', son.

Because LFS be invincible with its copy protection
Works because it records your hardware selection
Straight up planned out, works to perfection.

Hit the servers 'cause LFS be addictin' like an illness
Grabbin' first place with tha quickness
See you floundering around in last place
With my dust all up in ya face.
Quote from ScHiZ :
...rikk

What was this? I remember the name, wasn't he always complaining that LFS had no skidmarks? Did we all just start replying to his forum posts with

I dunno but I laughed when I saw that image!
I remember a racer who was a bit of a wildcard recording himself singing Buddy Holly by Weezer, who was that?

Edit: rich_uk?
Quote from morcs :What was this? I remember the name, wasn't he always complaining that LFS had no skidmarks? Did we all just start replying to his forum posts with

I dunno but I laughed when I saw that image!

Yes, the official no skidmarks troll

other official trolls were:
- Greek Dude, official LFS is not a game but a simulator troll
- L(oO)ney, random troll
- Kidcodea, best troll ever
- Phlos, the hacker troll
- put your troll here.
Greek Dude was soooooo funny. Nearly got me banned!
L(oO)ney was great, just went a bit far sometimes
Kid - most of the time he was an asset, not a troll! His nK rants were legendary
Phlos - slimey brat, who was quick but had no race craft, and was jealous that Scawen wouldn't let him on the dev team

Anyone remember a time BEFORE the tongue?
LFS ran really poorly with Ati Radeons. Good thing I didn't have one back then, but my friend did
#47 - FRED
I remember when people used the sand trap at the end of BL straight for fast laps and TuffCheese,s CRC server always great racing there.
Haha, yeah, the current "most intimidating forum member" poll is quite hilariously tame if you consider Kid & Co. of the old times.
Sim Socks - Remember them

Did anybody actually receive a pair HAHAHAHA
I know this is not that long ago but fond memory non the less

remember when a report of Scawens kitchen reno's recieved about the same attention as a new patch release and then all the photoshoped pics of Scawen and also his cat.

You know you're a long time LFS player if u can remember...
(280 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG