The online racing simulator
TEST Patch X30 (to X38)
(1444 posts, closed, started )
Well, ive been testing it.. I guess the look keys are ok.. but autolift and autoblip.. bit of work driving is, i have so large degree of range in my pedals that its very hard.. i might have to add curvature to the axle function so that lifting gets bit easier. I do like the fact that game is harder but my ankle refuses to agree so far, after all the controllers are so different from real cars.. i need a shifter!
I will heel and toe more as soon as progressive brake pedal for sims is brought for me.. Ive done it in GTL for example but it never comes natural braking with range of axle. I personally was able to kill the clutch in LX6 withing 8 laps of short track, too hard to be precise with lifting changing gears with bloody buttons.. point of my post.. there propably aint one.. but im sipping my morning coffee and had a tickle in the fingertips. :throwrose
Any way to look back while pressing left and right look like before? Only got 2 buttons on the wheel.
Quote from steve :Any way to look back while pressing left and right look like before? Only got 2 buttons on the wheel.

Using a utility.. was it.. mouseview?
I think thats the only way.. or learn using mirrors.. i preferred the old look keys myself but then again its nice also to see 45 degrees.. it has come handy quite few times already.
Nah, MouseLook cannot help him look *back* either, it was only useful in the small time period where people couldn't adjust the look range from 30° to 90° so they were able to get instant 90° look with my tool.
Quote from Drunken Predator :. point of my post.. there propably aint one.. but im sipping my morning coffee and had a tickle in the fingertips. :throwrose

Like that...you have been offishully quoted!!
Scawen, could I make a question?

Is the generated clutch temperature RPMs dependent? I mean, the temperature generated spinning the clutch at 1000rpms should be fewer than spinning at 9000rpms, shouldn't it?

I'm asking this because I've been trying to hold XF GTI and XR GT at the Oval's elevated track part as if I was waiting for a red traffic light at a ramp. The clutch gets red in a few seconds, no matter if slipping at 2000rpms or at 8000rpms

IRL, I suppose (not tried) a standard clutch would not get burned in 10 seconds or less.

BTW, is so difficult to hold the car at the ramp with few RPMs, I think the clutch is engageing too much with one milimeter clutch release. For example, with one milimeter release, the car can stall if no throttle (with or without a ramp).

PS: I talked about X36 using XF GTI and XR GT all the time.
All nice those patches but when is Patch Y coming out? And another thing is that when i'm racing theres loads of lag so when i push shift+n to turn the sound of he game runs better directly. I don't know if that should be posted here but i get confused of all those topics after a while.

PS: Thanks for the FBM ;-)
Later this week
x37, he is working very hard

So let's test how AI handles now
Dling it now, wonder how significant the SO updates are.
Scawen's a machine!
I bet for his first few holiday nights he'll dream in C++
Every time when restarting after auto update, I get this:

InSim - TCP : bind failed
InSim : not initialised

LFS doesn't kill the socket? Might be though that Windows doesn't process it fast enough.
I think I've found a bug that hasn't been reported. At least I haven't bee able to find it.
Concerns Dedicated server: Setup.cfg is set for 10 laps. When the server is restarted it defaults to 5 laps. The .cfg file does not change. Can't be a feature surely.
Great work Developers!!!
Thanks for the X37 update... the new patch is looking great!!!
Great work Developers!!!
:laola:
Windows Firewall
Quote from hackerx :Every time when restarting after auto update, I get this:

LFS doesn't kill the socket? Might be though that Windows doesn't process it fast enough.

I found it was Windows Firewall... allow it thru that and mine worked fine
Quote from Doorman :I think I've found a bug that hasn't been reported. At least I haven't bee able to find it.
Concerns Dedicated server: Setup.cfg is set for 10 laps. When the server is restarted it defaults to 5 laps. The .cfg file does not change. Can't be a feature surely.

When the server is restarted? Or just started?

I mean, is the bug simply that LFS ignores the number of laps in setup.cfg and always goes to 5 laps?
Blah cant wait anymore patch X, when is patch X coming? Any date ?
Quote from Korski :Blah cant wait anymore patch X, when is patch X coming? Any date ?

it will be patch Y and i think scawen said this week
Quote from Scawen :When the server is restarted? Or just started?

I mean, is the bug simply that LFS ignores the number of laps in setup.cfg and always goes to 5 laps?

Yes exactly, I've tried it several times. Update patch, restart server, defaults to 5 laps. Restarted server ordinarily and it still defaults to 5 laps. Checked each time that setup.cfg is 10 laps...it is. This has been noticed since about X34/35. Sorry, I can't be specific about which patch started it.
Quote from hackerx :Every time when restarting after auto update, I get this:

OK I've fixed that. You will still get that error when you update X37 to X38. but it will be ok when you update X38 to X39.
Quote from Scawen :When the server is restarted? Or just started?

Hi Scawen, just tested patch 37 and yes it defaults to 5 laps on startup, and if you do a /reinit it defaults back to 5 laps also.
Hope that helps, and great job so far m8 keep it up please
I'm not sure where i should place this (AI or interface or physics?)

So i'm doing it here..

I was testing out the new 'tyre wall' on FE rallycross (the long, normal layout) I noticed the AI took .7% per lap (and so states in the setup screen) I was slightly faster but with 1% fuel usage.. Don't think a couple of seconds per lap makes me consume .3% more than the 'average'?

I wasn't able to check the real consumption of the AI, just because you can't view fuel consumption from your competitors..

Anyway, check it out.

Cya
Quote from -V-Max- :I noticed the AI took .7% per lap (and so states in the setup screen) I was slightly faster but with 1% fuel usage.. Don't think a couple of seconds per lap makes me consume .3% more than the 'average'?

A couple of seconds is a BIG gap over a lap, especially a short lap.
Scawen, I "think" there might be a bug in the VTC in the insim, if i try and send 1 on a server with more then a few people it fails, am i missing something or is it a bug?
This thread is closed

TEST Patch X30 (to X38)
(1444 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG